[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

14 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

Will you rework the Centaur III, and if yes, is there any possibility that you will make the cubesat deployer? For like the Luciole Cubesats or others?

I'm not sure what's happening with the Centaur III, I know there's some room on the texture sheet left (It lives with the Atlas V which complicates things). I'll definitely take a look at it as we go through the Centaur stuff. The cubesat deployer has actually been asked for by a couple people but I have no idea if its even doable with the way the parts are set up.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:56 PM, Morphisor said:

You know what, if you (or anyone) are willing to write out the mission description, basic craft setup and action sequence, I'm willing to turn all that into playable contracts.

I would like to try that but that would have to wait for a while. At the moment i don´t have much time ( Exam time at my university ). When i find the time i will work threw the ETS-Story again to get some specifics for the contracts.

6 hours ago, JoeSheridan said:

I would like to try that but that would have to wait for a while. At the moment i don´t have much time ( Exam time at my university ). When i find the time i will work threw the ETS-Story again to get some specifics for the contracts.

Would really love an excuse to get back to Career mode with more immersive contracts, but yeah, studying is important. Hell, I'm currently in Chicago studying for my Insurance licensing exams.

Also...

https://www.deviantart.com/brickmack/art/Atlas-s-Big-Brother-846754419

One day... ^^^ We will fly this. 

PS: Not trying to pressure @CobaltWolf or anything to get onto Saturn/Apollo, but I saw this on DeviantArt and just HAD to share it with y'all.

Edited by davidy12

26 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Would really love an excuse to get back to Career mode with more immersive contracts, but yeah, studying is important. Hell, I'm currently in Chicago studying for my Insurance licensing exams.

Also...

PS: Not trying to pressure @CobaltWolf or anything to get onto Saturn/Apollo, but I saw this on DeviantArt and just HAD to share it with y'all.

You can do this in game. You'll need Tweakscale. Just upscale the big atlas' skirt.

Edited by GoldForest

10 hours ago, JoeSheridan said:

No worries, personal priorities always come first. No obligations whatsoever.

If and when you wanna get into it, just hit me up with a message and we'll figure out the project specifics. There's multiple ways this could work after all, but the contract system also imposes quite a few limitations.

5 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Oh yeah: PLEASE :D That would be a nice alternative to stick some 1207 Boosters on it.... or an additional upgrade to them ;)

4 hours ago, GoldForest said:

You can do this in game. You'll need Tweakscale. Just upscale the big atlas' skirt.

I know that, have done that but with real parts it would look a little better i think :D

52 minutes ago, Morphisor said:

If and when you wanna get into it, just hit me up with a message and we'll figure out the project specifics. There's multiple ways this could work after all, but the contract system also imposes quite a few limitations.

I will do that :) Thank you

14 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Also...

13 hours ago, davidy12 said:

It just looks unnatural to me IMHO. I'll wait for the S-ID proper.

9 hours ago, JoeSheridan said:

I know that, have done that but with real parts it would look a little better i think :D

3 hours ago, davidy12 said:

I think @CobaltWolf made a mockup of one, but never put it in game.

Well first, congrats @davidy12 , good luck on those exams! :)

Regarding the S-1D... yeah, I got like halfway through modeling it after I made the AJ-260s and then got caught up with other stuff, don't remember what. Would have been early 2018 I think? But I got burned out on adding to the Saturn/Apollo parts once I decided I wanted to redo them. Same deal as all the revamps I've been doing - once I get them remade, I won't have to again :) And then we'll be clear to move on to the more interesting configurations and then KSP2 will come out and be entirely about sci fi stuff

Edited by CobaltWolf

19 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well first, congrats @davidy12 , good luck on those exams! :)

Regarding the S-1D... yeah, I got like halfway through modeling it after I made the AJ-260s and then got caught up with other stuff, don't remember what. Would have been early 2018 I think? But I got burned out on adding to the Saturn/Apollo parts once I decided I wanted to redo them. Same deal as all the revamps I've been doing - once I get them remade, I won't have to again :) And then we'll be clear to move on to the more interesting configurations and then KSP2 will come out and be entirely about sci fi stuff

11 hours ago, G'th said:

Brave words lol

I think the key being that the MODELS are 99.87% Correct for scaled to X or Y Size...   I am guessing that Cobalt views Texturing as separate from Modelling and so unless something glaring comes up with KSP2 he won't have to make them again :D And Depending on how KSP2 deals with textures they could possibly be converted or at-least easy(er) to do a 2nd time.

The above statement Ignores Able/Thin Delta, CASTOR-1 and 2, and a few of the early solid upper stages that should be 0.5m or less in diameter.  

8 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I think the key being that the MODELS are 99.87% Correct for scaled to X or Y Size...   I am guessing that Cobalt views Texturing as separate from Modelling and so unless something glaring comes up with KSP2 he won't have to make them again :D And Depending on how KSP2 deals with textures they could possibly be converted or at-least easy(er) to do a 2nd time.

The above statement Ignores Able/Thin Delta, CASTOR-1 and 2, and a few of the early solid upper stages that should be 0.5m or less in diameter.  

Well I was thinking more from the perspective of a creative where its hard to say for certain that any given creation is "perfect". Cobalt may be happy with the models as they stand but give him another year of experience and experimentation and those current models might start looking like garbage. Or he may find himself capable of rendering even better models at a baseline level, and he may find it necessary to scrap them simply because the initial presumption behind the creation has changed. 

I've been getting these (37 count) in my log.

[WRN 20:43:38.286] Warning on PartSubtype Titan3C on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='fairingSwitch') on part bluedog.Agena.SOT.SupportSkirt.SAF: Could not find matching module
[EXC 20:43:38.287] Exception: Could not find matching module
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleMatcher.FindModule (Part part) (at <2f1e08366ff04f36b15d0085ed466369>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleModifierInfo+<CreatePartModifiers>d__10.MoveNext () (at <2f1e08366ff04f36b15d0085ed466369>:0)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent, System.Boolean displayWarnings) (at <2f1e08366ff04f36b15d0085ed466369>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype:Setup(ModuleB9PartSwitch, Boolean)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:InitializeSubtypes(Boolean)
	B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:GetInfo()
	PartLoader:CompilePartInfo(AvailablePart, Part)
	<CompileParts>d__56:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[WRN 20:43:38.289] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.

It boils down to missing ...

Which it turns out is not a defined relationship in CKAN.

6 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Okay, so I booted up KSP after a long day of studying, and I noticed something while building my Daleth rockets. @CobaltWolf Is this artifacting or is it supposed to look like this?

I think that`s an old pars or beeing deprecated because there are now separate parts for RS-27, Verniers and engine mount with B9 support.

Edited by Cheesecake

7 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

I've been getting these (37 count) in my log.

It boils down to missing ...

Which it turns out is not a defined relationship in CKAN.

If you have BDB parts with the SAF module that means you must be using the Development branch. Since SAF is not a dependency for the current BDB 1.6 release our netkan will only be updated once BDB 1.7 is out of dev and released. If using the dev branch it is suggested to check the bundled dependencies (which are kept up to date in the github folder).

10 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Okay, so I booted up KSP after a long day of studying, and I noticed something while building my Daleth rockets. @CobaltWolf Is this artifacting or is it supposed to look like this

7 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

I think that`s an old pars or beeing deprecated because there are now separate parts for RS-27, Verniers and engine mount with B9 support.

Yeah, the boattail/engine/verniers got separated on Thor and so I wanted to do the same to the Delta for consistency. The Delta boattail is still in as a variant of the Thor boattail part, I basically ripped the engines off the old mesh and made some adjustments to the textures.

Have you experienced a bug in the latest version of KSP?

I think there's a problem specifically with non-electrical category parts that have solar panels, my game is now freezing on start-up on the courier core .  was also freezing on the solar antenna