[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, Cdodders said:

How did you get the 2nd ring to dock? I'm trying to dock it but it won't, seems like even though its identical to the first it won't line up

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Per the post the Save Vessel Interaction context selection (I think you have to do it per part but IDK

Like @Pappystein said, make sure all docking ports have same vessel interaction so you can get multi node docking. But also, it took it a while. It will bounce on and off the docking ports for a good while before finally deciding to dock. Just make sure all the ports are aligned and let it work itself out by turning off SAS

Hello,

According to the homepage there is supposedly a way to use the real names instead of the Kerbalised ones.

"If this is all too much for you, there is a Real Names MM patch in BDB Options folder."

Could anyone provide me with some more detail about this? I can´t even find the options folder and google has failed me.  :)

9 minutes ago, JocMeister said:

Hello,

According to the homepage there is supposedly a way to use the real names instead of the Kerbalised ones.

"If this is all too much for you, there is a Real Names MM patch in BDB Options folder."

Could anyone provide me with some more detail about this? I can´t even find the options folder and google has failed me.  :)

It's in BD_Extras (No Warranty)/GameData/Bluedog_DB_Extras/BDB_RealNames/

Put RealNames.cfg in any folder inside your GameData directory (e.g. create a folder called something like MyConfigs and stick it in there)

Ahh, exactly what I need for a SurveyoRanger mission!

N.B.: Shadows are acting strange in this install, so some screenshots may be not so pretty. I don't know why (Kopernicus, new shaders, rescaling bugs, nVidia drivers, all at once). You have been warned.

YbGwh0B.png

Landing legs are sticking out of standard Vega fairing, so I had to extend it slightly.

SdxPved.png

AW56HRV.png

Note #1: you may want to hold your booster skirt for longer than usual, especially on 3-staged builds and\or on "5"-series engines.

FFn13Uh.png

2hKyRFz.png

I3Tuc0p.png

SurveyoRanger uses Coatl Aerospace science instruments.

sZlKIsQ.png

JIM5l7M.png

Bug: slightly borked plume FX.

xsrsYQD.png

Note #2: Just like its sibling from Juno IV, the 6K stage is underfueled by default. You may want to add fuel back if you fly a heavier payload, but keep in mind 1st stage post-BECO TWR.

GP5NLJ9.png

u02GCDo.png

qmtb1BT.png

DoqUAsV.png

2gy4Kko.png

6K provides enough fuel for TLI, orbital insertion and partial deorbit burn.

aUWSJaB.png

Told you it won't be pretty...

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

Ahh, exactly what I need for a SurveyoRanger mission!

N.B.: Shadows are acting strange in this install, so some screenshots may be not so pretty. I don't know why (Kopernicus, new shaders, rescaling bugs, nVidia drivers, all at once). You have been warned.

Hide contents

YbGwh0B.png

Landing legs are sticking out of standard Vega fairing, so I had to extend it slightly.

SdxPved.png

AW56HRV.png

Note #1: you may want to hold your booster skirt for longer than usual, especially on 3-staged builds and\or on "5"-series engines.

FFn13Uh.png

2hKyRFz.png

I3Tuc0p.png

SurveyoRanger uses Coatl Aerospace science instruments.

sZlKIsQ.png

JIM5l7M.png

Bug: slightly borked plume FX.

xsrsYQD.png

Note #2: Just like its sibling from Juno IV, the 6K stage is underfueled by default. You may want to add fuel back if you fly a heavier payload, but keep in mind 1st stage post-BECO TWR.

GP5NLJ9.png

u02GCDo.png

qmtb1BT.png

DoqUAsV.png

2gy4Kko.png

6K provides enough fuel for TLI, orbital insertion and partial deorbit burn.

aUWSJaB.png

Told you it won't be pretty...

nice! And in the third picture, the atlas booster skirt and the sustainer almost look like a orion drive for me, if you remove the booster engines

18 hours ago, derega16 said:

Will Vega tanks have insulation toggle? I want to use it's tank for Centaur Jr.

err... um Centaur Jr is 1.5m in BDB scale... Vega is 1.875mm Dia....

The HOSS tank is usable as a Centaur JR analog (just use correct engine variant)  

There IS the "Gamma" which used some of the Vega parts for a Hydrolox upper stage.   but we know... essentially LESS about that than we do Centaur Jr.  

That was why I asked my question the other day.  Because other than a Gamma tank (which is shorter than the Vega Tank) and a different engine mount, most of the parts for Gamma are already done.

And Lastly,  Insulation is typically included with the Tank Configs.   It is only the Early Centaur that has jettesionable foam.    I don't think even Centaur Jr was planned to have jettesonable Insulation pannels.  

My new KEO rescue ship - Blue Gemini - Vega (Gamma config with a flat tank) - Fatlas:

Rm5mgmO.png

LR-89-7 as boosters, H-1D as sustainer. Attitude control provided by Vega. Designed to put Gemini to circular 250km orbit (JNSQ scale, 2.667x) with more than 1000 m\s dV left for SAR stuff. Which it does.

Also a custom crew elevator - Fatlas does not fit into Gemini elevator, so I had to improvise a little.

Edited by biohazard15

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

err... um Centaur Jr is 1.5m in BDB scale... Vega is 1.875mm Dia....

The HOSS tank is usable as a Centaur JR analog (just use correct engine variant)  

There IS the "Gamma" which used some of the Vega parts for a Hydrolox upper stage.   but we know... essentially LESS about that than we do Centaur Jr.  

That was why I asked my question the other day.  Because other than a Gamma tank (which is shorter than the Vega Tank) and a different engine mount, most of the parts for Gamma are already done.

And Lastly,  Insulation is typically included with the Tank Configs.   It is only the Early Centaur that has jettesionable foam.    I don't think even Centaur Jr was planned to have jettesonable Insulation pannels.  

By Centaur Jr. I meant Gamma Centaur which is the same diameter as normal centaur

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=42255.0

Edited by derega16

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

To be clear, Centaur Jr, Baby Centaur, and Gamma Centaur are all different things. :)

Well this on one called Gamma Centaur  Centaur Junior. Anyways, I think for another Centaur Jr. can be done easily whenever you make revamped single engine mount just tweakscale the whole thing down

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=42255.0;

And about Vega there is some porposal for mercury lab to use Vega stage, will the adapter include?

Also behold the Triple-Atlas 

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=26915.0;

Edited by derega16

29 minutes ago, derega16 said:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=26915.0;

I've never felt such a strange combination of disgust, horror, and intrigue.

Edited by Petrovich

39 minutes ago, derega16 said:

Speaking of which: is there any mod with a 1.875m tricoupler? Please do not suggest TweakScale - I hate that buggy mess and it will never, ever be a part of my install.

34 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

And, TweakScale is not a buggy mess. Name one mod with zero bugs that is as wide ranging.

I've tried it on 1.2, IIRC. Two words: Never Again. Maybe it got better - I don't really care. I will never install TweakScale again, period.

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Speaking of which: is there any mod with a 1.875m tricoupler? Please do not suggest TweakScale - I hate that buggy mess and it will never, ever be a part of my install.

knes has a tricoupler, even in 1.875m size