[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Hello, don't know if it fits here didn't know where to ask. Since I RSS my parachutes have no effect. They do unfold but the fall is not slowed down. Does anyone know about RealChute how I can adapt them to my mods? Unfortunately, I don't get any answers in the RealChute thread.

15 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

How do you put the textures onto the SAF fairings since they don’t have colliders?

The fairing bases have colliders and allow surface attach. Since the fairings are the same part, you can place the decal on the base and then use the offset gizmo and slide the decal onto the fairing itself.

(technically the fairing sides do have colliders but they dont do anything till flight)

Edited by Zorg

Since the team has indicated that it may be a while until  the revamp hits the streets, I decided to jump back into some Apollo kitbashing. Below is my version of a LM Hab, inspired by a design I saw once for the real-life Apollo Extension System (AES).

9BEfk9D.jpg

W8j4GXl.jpg

YN0NEO3.jpg

0lafaYQ.jpg

Ascent engine has been removed and replaced by a Z-1K battery. All ascent prop has been offloaded with the exception of monoprop for the RCS. I attached the inflatable airlock from the MOL/MOS parts, and placed a RC-001S Remote Guidance Unit (tweakscaled down) in place of the docking drogue. Also added in some solar panels. The intention is for this Hab to be landed remotely without a crew, and a manned LM Taxi lands close by. Not finished with this yet and I have not flight tested it.

Big question... is there a way of attaching a ladder to the lip of the extended airlock? I can attach one, but when the airlock is inflated/deflated it doesn't move with it.

Edited by DaveyJ576

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Big question... is there a way of attaching a ladder to the lip of the extended airlock? I can attach one, but when the airlock is inflated/deflated it doesn't move with it.

I don't believe you can attach parts to extendable portions and have it work. You could try connecting it to a hydraulic piston, however.

2 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

Quick question, for the Apollo/Saturn revamp,  what diameter will the S-IV stage be?

I guess it will be 3.75 for main tank and engine plate, and 3.75-2.5 for top tank, like in rescale patch.

8 hours ago, northern said:

are there any plans to add the lunar rover to the LM?

Cobalt's said no to the LRV in the past, through it would be nice.

I'd be more interested in one designed for use with the LM-Truck 

On 3/21/2021 at 2:27 PM, golkaidakhaana said:

Is there any possibility of adding interstage nodes for the crewed Gemini SMs , and / or a 0.9375m version of the Gemini docking adapter ? I ve been trying to make a Gemini rescue vehicle with a Habtech APAS port and I ve noticed it is very annoying and somewhat difficult trying to align the interstage / decoupler with the SM , as the interstage can only attach to the docking port , leaving a gap between the interstage and the SM

May I please reiterate this , ?

37 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I have two minor plume issues, can anyone confirm? The Inon engine mount shows no RCS plumes, and the Leo "Gus" thrusters show a translate forward RCS plume, but not an engine plume with the throttle.  I'm on 1.11.2, BDB-github. Waterfall RCS plumes seem to be working fine on other parts.

The Gemini OAMS thrusters do actually display a plume, you just have to run them for ~10 seconds before it starts displaying, same issue with the Agena SPS. I think it's something to do with the Waterfall plume throttle-up effect. Haven't tested the Centaur mount though. Which one? The Centaur D mount or the Centaur III one?

Edited by KeaKaka

9 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

The Gemini OAMS thrusters do actually display a plume, you just have to run them for ~10 seconds before it starts displaying, same issue with the Agena SPS. I think it's something to do with the Waterfall plume throttle-up effect. Haven't tested the Centaur mount though. Which one? The Centaur D mount or the Centaur III one?

This doesn't sound like quite the right behaviour for this engine. Will take a look. 

I've heard that BDB has an RS-25 and AJ10, is this true? I've been using reDIRECT's engines for a while, but since that hasn't got updates in a while, I've been looking for some replacements

4 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

I've heard that BDB has an RS-25 and AJ10, is this true? I've been using reDIRECT's engines for a while, but since that hasn't got updates in a while, I've been looking for some replacements

BDB has RS-68 and earlier versions of the AJ10 made for Able/Delta and Apollo. There's no RS-25 or Space Shuttle OMS here, and the ones in reDIRECT still work just fine. Get Restock for a prettier stock KS-25, benjee10's SOCK comes with a mass balance patch for the stock KS-25, and CryoEngines + CryoEnginesRestock comes with a patch to make the stock KS-25 a hydrogen-burning engine.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman