[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

In any case, I bumped the OAMS thrust to 2 kN. I also uploaded the Rumble Seat and associated heatshield + decoupler. Forgot to take pics but they're there :)

Gonna set the thrust limiter to 50% :)

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

In any case, I bumped the OAMS thrust to 2 kN. I also uploaded the Rumble Seat and associated heatshield + decoupler. Forgot to take pics but they're there

Thanks!

Also, putting size on part icon is pretty much the best idea ever. I wonder if it can be expanded to other decouplers and heatshields (and possibly fairing bases).

Small request: please include a "Longer" B9 option for Delta P\K interstage. Currently it's okay for historical configs, but it's too short for some other things, like this Delta-P with Delta-K AJ10 (and this Agena on the right, too):

ea9368I.png

Oh, and speaking of Agena: 8096C needs to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise to match other LR81's orientation. (you can see it installed in correct position on ghost Agena)

Edited by biohazard15

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hello! My BDB and MLP are both from today. The spoiler image shows how the Gemini crew elevator and the Gemini capsule are trying to enforce social distancing. Isn't the elevator supposed to be even closer than this?

Hide contents

bjYIEP6.jpg

There's a deploy slider

4 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Small request: please include a "Longer" B9 option for Delta P\K interstage. Currently it's okay for historical configs, but it's too short for some other things, like this Delta-P with Delta-K AJ10 (and this Agena on the right, too)

Add: Can I request for delta K to Delta VI interstage too? I want to try proposed Delta VI small.

launch1.png

15 hours ago, Machinique said:

Now that KSP2 is delayed, there's plenty of time for Cobalt to make Delta IV. /s

IIRC Cobalt said that the next thing to come will be a Saturn revamp. But Delta IV would be nice too.

14 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

IIRC Cobalt said that the next thing to come will be a Saturn revamp. But Delta IV would be nice too.

The joke is that Cobalt is on record that Delta IV isn't happening, and that it's already possible to kitbash a good looking Delta IV with Cyro Engines and Restock.

8 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

I can second that. Even if BDB is aimed towards vintage U.S rockets, modern rockets could be a great addition. 

8 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Sorry if it's much to ask, but a craft file would be greatly appreciated!

Not to hand, but it's mostly Titan LDC parts: DCSS and interstage adapter on top, the white intertank is a short LDC-LF3300 fuel tank with the "straight" style switch and it has a Cryoengines CR-68 Etna on the bottom.  The lower tank is upside down to make the lines look better.  I have no idea if the scale is correct but it looks good and is a pretty capable LV for under 50k funds fully fueled.

4 hours ago, Friznit said:

Not to hand, but it's mostly Titan LDC parts: DCSS and interstage adapter on top, the white intertank is a short LDC-LF3300 fuel tank with the "straight" style switch and it has a Cryoengines CR-68 Etna on the bottom.  The lower tank is upside down to make the lines look better.  I have no idea if the scale is correct but it looks good and is a pretty capable LV for under 50k funds fully fueled.

I remember that on the old CyroEngines, the Etna re-scaled from 3.75 from 3.125 was actually was pretty close to expected thrust from the standard scaling heuristic.

I've thought about making a patch that updates the size and thrust of various Restock/CyroEngines engines to match closer to their visual equivalent, but I don't know how to scale the engine weight to compensate for the changed thrust.

21 minutes ago, Machinique said:

I remember that on the old CyroEngines, the Etna re-scaled from 3.75 from 3.125 was actually was pretty close to expected thrust from the standard scaling heuristic.

I've thought about making a patch that updates the size and thrust of various Restock/CyroEngines engines to match closer to their visual equivalent, but I don't know how to scale the engine weight to compensate for the changed thrust.

In general adjusting the mass to give the engine 2/3 of the real world thrust to weight ratio works. Which then depends on how you scale the thrust but by standard it being scaled to 1/4 of IRL for booster engines and 1/2 for vacuum.

But BDB uses 1/4 for all engines regardless of role with very few exceptions mostly due to scaling issues.

Edited by Zorg

11 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Guys did the Kane parachute get nerfed in the latest dev build? I don't know but my Apollo and Orions are smashing in the water at near 150m/s hehe.

I don't think its been touched in... years?

Quick peek at the next thing I'm working on - Big G cabin and decoupler.

XPyIyjS.png

12 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Guys did the Kane parachute get nerfed in the latest dev build? I don't know but my Apollo and Orions are smashing in the water at near 150m/s hehe.

Maybe you're deploying them at too low of an altitude?

14 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Are you using Github version of BDB in color?

I have the same issue, and it started after I updated to that version, and there's someone with the same issue on that thread as well.