[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, Flyboy425 said:

Even after doing as you said with that cfg file in my gamedata folder, I still cannot get decals to attach to the balloon tank. Even attaching them to another part and sliding them down does not work, the decals just disappear when they're over the tank. Any thoughts?

I'll take a look and test the patch out next time Im able to boot up KSP. Maybe tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, Flyboy425 said:

Even after doing as you said with that cfg file in my gamedata folder, I still cannot get decals to attach to the balloon tank. Even attaching them to another part and sliding them down does not work, the decals just disappear when they're over the tank. Any thoughts?

Honestly it sounds like the stickers are disappearing into the tank.  if you attempt to place the stickers and then move the tank, do the stickers remain behind?

15 hours ago, Flyboy425 said:

If you only need it for the maintank of Atlas:

On 1/20/2021 at 5:51 PM, Cheesecake said:

Go into the .cfg (I think it`s the bluedog_Atlas_LongFuelTank.cfg) of this tank and change the attachRules from attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0 to attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0.

I'm a little confused by Pioneer 6,  with a Delta-E as the launcher it doesn't have enough ∆v to reach escape velocity, am I doing something wrong or am i supposed to slingshot around Mun or something?

57 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

I'm a little confused by Pioneer 6,  with a Delta-E as the launcher it doesn't have enough ∆v to reach escape velocity, am I doing something wrong or am i supposed to slingshot around Mun or something?

It should be direct to heliocentric. Will test this out. We were verifying the mass of various probes and LV performance here but its possible Pioneer 6 got missed out. 

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/820

16 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Honestly it sounds like the stickers are disappearing into the tank.  if you attempt to place the stickers and then move the tank, do the stickers remain behind?

6 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

If you only need it for the maintank of Atlas:

Go into the .cfg (I think it`s the bluedog_Atlas_LongFuelTank.cfg) of this tank and change the attachRules from attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0 to attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0.

If I attempt to place the stickers on the long balloon tank, they will not attach. If I place them on a part above, in my case the smaller atlas balloon tank, they will work. Now, if I attempt to overlap a decal by sliding it down onto the long tank, ONLY the section that overlaps disappears. It actually remains invisible even after removing the long tank from the rocket. Only after sliding the decal back up fully onto the smaller tank which it was attached to will that overlapped section be visible again.

I have tried editing the the bluedog_Atlas_LongFuelTank.cfg to show the attach rules stated above to avail. It seems to change nothing. The decals I'm trying to place are the Conformal Decals by cineboxandrew.

22 hours ago, Flyboy425 said:

So after checking I can confirm the patch works for all the Atlas tanks.. except the main tank. I dont know quite how that works, maybe @Jso or @CobaltWolf might be able to explain. But that is a special case where you cannot surface attach to most of it but you CAN on the particular spot near the bottom where the vernier goes. What you can do is place a decal there, and then slide it up if you want something on the main tank.

screenshot195.png?width=858&height=726

screenshot196.png?width=711&height=727

With the other tanks you can attach directly after installing the patch.

31 minutes ago, Zorg said:

So after checking I can confirm the patch works for all the Atlas tanks.. except the main tank. I dont know quite how that works, maybe @Jso or @CobaltWolf might be able to explain. But that is a special case where you cannot surface attach to most of it but you CAN on the particular spot near the bottom where the vernier goes. What you can do is place a decal there, and then slide it up if you want something on the main tank.

After playing with it for a bit, I managed to figure out that you CAN place decals on the side flares, and through a complex slew on rotating and sliding, I managed to get my decals centered on the front of the tank.

tSxt1Jc.png

5 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

So Im able to quite easily put a Pioneer 6 into a heliocentric orbit using Delta E in JNSQ (2.7x stock).

Do note that Delta E includes an Altair kick motor in the X258 configuration

screenshot207.png?width=961&height=726

screenshot202.png?width=1291&height=726

screenshot205.png?width=770&height=726

4 minutes ago, Flyboy425 said:

After playing with it for a bit, I managed to figure out that you CAN place decals on the side flares, and through a complex slew on rotating and sliding, I managed to get my decals centered on the front of the tank.

Glad you worked it out! But I would suggest using the vernier spot I showed, then you just need to translate up only.

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

So Im able to quite easily put a Pioneer 6 into a heliocentric orbit using Delta E in JNSQ (2.7x stock).

Do note that Delta E includes an Altair kick motor in the X258 configuration

screenshot207.png?width=961&height=726

looks like I was using the wrong second stage, its working now thanks

56 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

looks like I was using the wrong second stage, its working now thanks

Been there,

done that,

Skipped the T-Shirt for the entire wardrobe.

Welcome to the wonderful world of "Did I choose the right part"    Which is a huge reason I use real-names patch for BDB!

2 minutes ago, Beale said:

Additional IVA

Beale,  AMAZING work!  

From here on I am totally joking in this post.  This is NOT a request.   But...   Space Station Enterprise LOX wetlab when?

boldly-going-a-history-of-an-american-sp

again.   TOTALLY joking!   Thank you for your amazing looking IVAs!

3 hours ago, Zorg said:

Please be a new post...

Yeah, Cobalt made that tank part to not allow surface attach no matter what.   You were both correct in how to get a surface attach over (I didn't even think about it until Zorg's post.)   I was on stream when that tank was being made that way (and the Bluestreak tanks were being made this same way.)   If you use Cobalt's old BREXIT Bluestreak you will have the same problem.   Surface attach will work on the congregated looking part of the main tank but not the smooth part if I recall.   It is a 3D modeling software setting (or a Unity setting IDR)

More science reports for the Mun, low orbit, biome-specific.

MunInSpaceLowMidlands = The possibly igneous small flats are peppered by small craters and rocks.
            MunInSpaceLowMidlands = Light-colored ejecta from some craters is visible and not dark igneous rock, so we can now absolutely, definitively prove that even the smallest ones are impact craters.
            MunInSpaceLowMidlands = There are plenty of rocks here, at least we think those are rocks. At  this distance it's hard to tell if they're natural of artificial, like a rover or something.
            MunInSpaceLowMidlandCraters = This area of the midlands has a high concentration of craters big, small, and everything in between. At least we now have a map of them all. 
            MunInSpaceLowHighlands = The highlands have a slightly lighter appearance, with the frequency of craters-in-craters suggesting that these may contain some of the oldest rock in the Kerbin system. Their overall shape is also reminiscent of the hills and mountains of Kerbin.
            MunInSpaceLowHighlandCraters = The large craters, seemingly eroded by aeons of meteorite impacts and solar wind, have plenty of evidence to suggest their old age, and by extension the age of the rest of the highlands.
            MunInSpaceLowCanyons = These large canyons, probably formed by the force of the same impacts as the large craters they're connected to, are somewhat reminiscent of rovers spilling out into oceans or lakes. No evidence of enemy bases, unfortunately.
            MunInSpaceLowNorthernBasin = Observations of details in the visual scan may indicate that this basin was formed by lava welling up after a large asteroid impact.
            MunInSpaceLowEastCrater = Despite its prominence when viewed from the surface of Kerbin, these relatively close-up observations confirm that this is in fact just a crater, nothing special. Early astronomers thought that this was a dried-up lake.
            MunInSpaceLowNorthwestCrater = This crater seems eroded, almost like its walls unevenly crumbled after it was formed. Beware of potentially soft rock.
            MunInSpaceLowSouthwestCrater = Like the East Crater, this is a completely ordinary impact crater. The surface inside is occupied by scattered rocks and smaller craters.
            MunInSpaceLowFarsideCrater = Never seen before from Kerbin, this crater looks somewhat younger than the other large craters, the ejecta being faint but still visible.
            MunInSpaceLowTwinCraters = The two craters are remarkably similar despite potentially being millions of years apart in age. The short trench or canyon connecting them likely formed with the younger, larger one.
            MunInSpaceLowEastFarsideCrater = Despite never being seen from above is such detail before, it feels quite familiar. Kerbin looms just over the horizon, sitting there, a reminder of the Mun's tidal lock and the incoming far side, never seen by kerbal eyes before.
            MunInSpaceLowPolarCrater = This is a large crater, the largest on the Mun. Slight glimmers of light in the shadow of the crater rim may signify a deposit of water ice here! Otherwise, you can see rocks. We're sure none of those glimmers were missions on the Mun, neither ours nor the Kerviets'. 
            MunInSpaceLowPoles = The polar regions. Not bright and shiny as Kerbin's poles,which means that while these are quite boring, our cameras can reveal more detail in them than on Kerbin's poles. Some of the higher areas receive sunlight year-round, but they shadow the polar lowlands where in some places it is permanently dark. The temperature gradient on the surface would be interesting, but this is an optical device. Not an infrared one.
            MunInSpaceLowPolarLowlands = The permanently shadowed craters may contain water ice, possibly in high enough concentration to be harvested in the future. Kerbol is permanently on the horizon, and in the lower parts may have never been seen in the history of the Mun. Great hiding place.

Drop-in replacement for the ones that were copied from the cameras, plus two more for the Midlands.

3 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

More science reports for the Mun, low orbit, biome-specific.

Drop-in replacement for the ones that were copied from the cameras, plus two more for the Midlands.

Thanks again! Is this for surveillance or mapping?

2 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

some pages ago there where some pictures, though it would be nice if we could see more :D

There were? My bad, I haven't been to active on the forums recently, Thanks though!

So a couple of weeks ago, Cobaltwolf accidentally got me started on a new project.   Re-researching Agena because he found Agena E.

I am going to try to include as much info as I can on the following versions:

RAND 9ft stage

Pied Piper Discovery

Pied Piper Standardized

Agena A

Agena B

Agena C

Agena D

Ascent Agena

Agena E

Shuttle Agena

And possibly even Agena 2000.

I will also be discussing my opinion on why the less capable Agena was foisted by the USAF onto NASA.   I have facts that tie my opinion together but most of it is reading between the lines (thus me calling it an opinion.) 

What I won't be doing is re-hashing any or all payloads that the Agena carried other than maybe mentioning that Payload X flew on Agena version Y.  

Hello everybody!

I'm new in the Forum but playing KSP since 2015.

I just wanted to thank everybody contributing here. You brought Space closer to a lot of people and also to me:D!

Thank you guys and keep going with your magnificent work! :rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:lcbq4h0.png

12 minutes ago, Cmdr_Han said:

Hello everybody!

I'm new in the Forum but playing KSP since 2015.

I just wanted to thank everybody contributing here. You brought Space closer to a lot of people and also to me:D!

Thank you guys and keep going with your magnificent work! :rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:lcbq4h0.png

Welcome to the forums! Nice pic too.

I felt the Neptune Camera patches could be better* so I edited the .cfg's to be more lore friendly (for lack of a better term) and to make each camera feel unique,  I was wondering if you'd like to use it, or if not would if it be ok for me to upload them? This mod has has been a must have for a long time and I'd love to contribute in some small way.

* No offence to whoever made them, I have no idea how unity works but I'm pretty sure you did the hard work.

Edited by zakkpaz

4 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

I felt the Neptune Camera patches could be better* so I edited the .cfg's to be more lore friendly (for lack of a better term) and to make each camera feel unique,  I was wondering if you'd like to use it, or if not would if it be ok for me to upload them? This mod has has been a must have for a long time and I'd love to contribute in some small way.

* No offence to whoever made them, I have no idea how unity works but I'm pretty sure you did the hard work.

We depend on the community for a lot of compatibility patches and we always appreciate contributions. The current ones were also done by a community member but if you have suggested improvements please do share and we can consider the reasoning behind it and include it if it makes sense for us :) 

1 minute ago, Zorg said:

We depend on the community for a lot of compatibility patches and we always appreciate contributions. The current ones were also done by a community member but if you have suggested improvements please do share and we can consider the reasoning behind it and include it if it makes sense for us :) 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gg4yzHCAoVpWfZQpcNyywG_LQCOsC7Li/view?usp=sharing

My knowledge of each cameras real world equivalent isn't the best so i mainly focused on scaling to the tech tree and making everything as unique as i could while still being useable. Cameras that would use film cameras they have no errors and little noise, and are higher res and, except for keyhole, use ether a 1:1 or 3:2 ratio like 120 and 135 film. the images aren't that large because I'm assuming people will want to post them somewhere. 

Pioneer 4 is crap for obvious reasons, I added a bunch of  errors and noise but upped the resolution.

The Keyhole cameras are mostly panoramic, except for KH-7 and KH-8 witch have squarish ratio and variable zoom, I know thats unrealistic but I wanted to give them some unique aspect. they also go from black and white to infrared as you move up the tech tree.

The Ranger cameras are TV cameras so they are  fuzzy and error prone  with a 480p resolution. the block 3 camera is treated as 4 four cameras, one is panoramic to simulate the combined images of a row of cameras the other three have an filter so the can be combined for a color image.

TIROS and the block 2 ranger camera are the same fuzzy 480p cameras, I wish there were more filters for Neptune cameras because scanlines would be great here. 

Mariner 10  has a color tv camera and a B&W one these are slightly clearer then Ranger's. The B&W camera is triple the resolution based on an article I read on how you can remove the color filter from a CMOS sensor to get a sharper brighter image, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on a TV camera but whatever.

Lunar Orbiter i mostly left as is, just with a bit more fuzz. it's a film camera with a scanner so i tried to put it in between the Film and TV cameras,. I created a config for the generic mid tech camera using the same setup but again i don't know how to use unity so it's in a .bak file.

Nimbus is three cameras with red blue green filters, it would be really nice if neptune cameras included a fake Stereoscopy filter for this one.

The Gemini recon camera is treated as two cameras, both film one is a zoomed in B&W camera the other is a slightly lower res color camera, I'm assuming a mission like this would have a mapping camera and a camera for publicity photos, again a stereoscopy filter would be nice.

I haven't had much a chance to use OAO much so I just added zoom to PEP.

I added cfg for Mercury and MOL as well but those don't actually do anything.

i feel like I'm done but i make make further changes as i use them in game more

Sorry about my punctuation/spelling