[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

23 minutes ago, RocketsRUs said:

Is there a version of this considered the correct one for KSP 1.7.1?  I am checking Github and the versions in the files seem a bit all over the place...

I don't think this version is compatible with  Ksp 1.7.1, but i could be incorrect. the new minimum version after the BDB 1.7.0 update became 1.8.1.

6 hours ago, RocketsRUs said:

Is there a version of this considered the correct one for KSP 1.7.1?  I am checking Github and the versions in the files seem a bit all over the place...

Its possible some of the older version files werent correct. 

You can try https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/releases/tag/v1.6.2 . there is a dedicated download for ksp 1.7. Do keep in mind this is from 2019 and tons of content have been added since then.

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

You're trying to uninstall BDB? Make you you also remove B9PartSwitch.

umm,I can't do it because other mods require b9 partswitch

also I removed b9partswitch and reinstalled again

Edited by 아무생각

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

Its possible some of the older version files werent correct. 

You can try https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/releases/tag/v1.6.2 . there is a dedicated download for ksp 1.7. Do keep in mind this is from 2019 and tons of content have been added since then.

Much appreciated to you and the other poster.  Yeah, I have a long running campaign with a lot going on and have been loathe to give it up, butt these  pars sound fantastic.  Great community as always!

Just now, Jcking said:

What files did you delete exactly?

All folders inside the compressed file

1 minute ago, Dave7 said:

Someone uninstalling BDB?  Blasphemy!

But the lag was so frequent that I had no choice so i deleted it.

3min loading to launch pad!

To uninstall you would delete the Bluedog_DB folder in KSP\Gamedata\ .  Make sure you do not have any crafts using any of the parts before deleting.  Also removing BDB may cause severe depression and part withdrawals, leading to alcohol and drug addictions, odd desires to blow things up or jump from tall objects.

The more I play BDB the more details I notice on real rockets. Its great for learning. I am in the middle of building the older atlas rockets and looking at images I noticed the interstage covers on the centaurs do not match. Am I using the wrong interstange for the Centaur II upwards because I know it fits the D1.

Edit: I was also wondering why the older atlas rockets are called bossart and the new one muo. Why that design choice? 

PrFttOS.png

Edited by dave1904

8 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

Edit: I was also wondering why the older atlas rockets are called bossart and the new one muo. Why that design choice? 

The story behind many/most of the Kerbalised names is on the wiki https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/BDB-Names  Bossart is in honor of Karel "Charlie" Bossart who was the chief designer of the Atlas, Muo is from the MUOS satellites which were launched on the Atlas V

1 hour ago, dave1904 said:

The more I play BDB the more details I notice on real rockets. Its great for learning. I am in the middle of building the older atlas rockets and looking at images I noticed the interstage covers on the centaurs do not match. Am I using the wrong interstange 

use the interstage without the side thing, it's a part switch

also I think altas uses the long version of the interstage

Some posts have been removed. What might seem like friendly interest to those who ask about mod updates can start to feel like nagging to the mod maker. It's not against any rules to ask if updates are coming, but please don't try to insist on answers or even estimates. And if you do see someone pressing for answers, please don't reply because that only adds to the off-topic clutter in the thread and can turn threads into arguments. Just hit the report button and let the moderators deal with it, please. 

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Some posts have been removed. What might seem like friendly interest to those who ask about mod updates can start to feel like nagging to the mod maker. It's not against any rules to ask if updates are coming, but please don't try to insist on answers or even estimates. And if you do see someone pressing for answers, please don't reply because that only adds to the off-topic clutter in the thread and can turn threads into arguments. Just hit the report button and let the moderators deal with it, please. 

Thank you. It annoyed me too. Asking: Yes, it´s okay... ( but alternatively could everybody read the last few pages to find an answer ) . I think the development here is shown in the best way possible. We don´t get releasedates but what we get is even better: Stream, lots of pictures etc. I like it that way and i don´t whant that the devs get annoyed by us, their community until they change that way.