[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Pioneer 10 (Atlas-Centaur, CCAFS)

NOTE: This mission uses a customized Coatl Pioneer 10. Mass and scale are adjusted to match the real probe (and make it to fit inside AC fairing). This patch can be found below the screenshot spoiler.

NOTE #2: The aforementioned patch does not change nodes. You may need to use Move tool.

Pioneer 10, the first probe to reach outer planets of the Solar System (Jupiter and beyond), was launched at 3 March 1972, atop Atlas-Centaur.

H8KlW4S.png

j8wihBT.png

Smoky!

oVGgJDQ.png

V6nUw8Y.png

8VvYZLG.png

Sy2Qv6v.png

ceRMHaY.png

Goodbye, booster skirt!

LZIhUNu.png

Goodbye, Centaur thermal panels!

CLgv1tk.png

Goodbye, fairing!

lAiQi9F.png

Goodbye, Atlas!

ZTlFint.png

2l3omC1.png

cYXdTNG.png

Starting Trans-Jovian(?) Injection.

zU596Z2.png

7j6Cx9t.png

Centaur is empty; firing Star-37E.

QPiHnKU.png

SoO5TIj.png

Small adjustments with RCS.

yrH9RBi.png

All stuff deployed, we're on our way to Jupiter!

6ijcUMo.png

Not the best trajectory, but hey...

Jupiter stuff will come later. If I won't forget to shot and post it, of course :D

As promised - a patch for Coatl Pioneer:

@PART[dish_quetzal]:AFTER[CoatlAerospace]
{
  rescaleFactor = 0.85
  mass = 0.09
}
	@PART[antenna_quetzal]:AFTER[CoatlAerospace]
{
  rescaleFactor = 0.85
  mass = 0.0012
}
	@PART[quetzal]:AFTER[CoatlAerospace]
{
  rescaleFactor = 0.85
  mass = 0.015
}
	@PART[ca_rtg2000]:AFTER[CoatlAerospace]
{
  rescaleFactor = 0.85
  mass = 0.01
}
	@PART[ca_DUSTX]:AFTER[CoatlAerospace]
{
  rescaleFactor = 0.85
  mass = 0.003
}
	@PART[ca_magneto2]:AFTER[CoatlAerospace]
{
  rescaleFactor = 0.85
  mass = 0.0025
}
	@PART[ca_ESM]:AFTER[CoatlAerospace]
{
  rescaleFactor = 0.85
  mass = 0.01
}
	@PART[ca_ESM2]:AFTER[CoatlAerospace]
{
  rescaleFactor = 0.85
  mass = 0.01
}

Edited by biohazard15

3 hours ago, Aussie Toad Stool said:

Will these new revamped parts include ivas?

I asked about this in a dev stream , IVAs are not currently being worked on. IVAs are generally considered a pain to do, so unless some volunteers are working on some, I doubt there'll be IVAs.

34 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I asked about this in a dev stream , IVAs are not currently being worked on. IVAs are generally considered a pain to do, so unless some volunteers are working on some, I doubt there'll be IVAs.

Didn't @Beale make IVAs for the Mercury lab?

Beale made some IVAs for existing station parts because it was easy for him to do since they were similar to the parts he was making himself in size and shape and are quite simple. They will be added to BDB eventually once someone manages to invest enough time to populate them with props and set them up.

Re Skylab an IVA is not on the roadmap at present.

Edited by Zorg

On 6/1/2021 at 6:06 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

The restock m1 is small compared to BDB’s and isn’t scaled correctly. Same goes with restock’s F1 and BDB’s F1.

I don't care about scaling - I still use my own thrust / fuel configs adapted for the RSS, so only the models are important.

1 hour ago, Cochies said:

I don't care about scaling - I still use my own thrust / fuel configs adapted for the RSS, so only the models are important.

Then BDB’s engines would be right for you. Restock’s stuff only looks like the real engine but doesn’t have the same stats.

7 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@CobaltWolf Are there plans for any stuff from ETS to be added to this mod in the Saturn update, specifically the Pegasus stage?

S-1C and multibody prob. since they are already there

also apollo block 3 and 4 (idk about block 5)

also, (I think) Spacelab stuf

38 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@CobaltWolf Are there plans for any stuff from ETS to be added to this mod in the Saturn update, specifically the Pegasus stage?

29 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

S-1C and multibody prob. since they are already there

also apollo block 3 and 4 (idk about block 5)

also, (I think) Spacelab stuf

I have no plans to do Pegasus right now; work will indeed focus on stuff already in the mod for the time being. Unfortunately you can't kitbash a Pegasus out of S-IV parts, since they'll be a different diameter after the update I think?  I'm also definitely not doing Artemis, btw - I'd rather focus on expanding the LM parts if possible.

I think top priority once we're caught up is probably the S-1D; I know it's very requested.

On 6/2/2021 at 4:05 AM, derega16 said:

Honestly I will expect Skylab IVA whenever Beale make OS or MKBS as those are About the same diameter as Skylab

To be clear, Beale isn't being asked to do any more IVA work for us. He was making TKS parts, I asked if he could adapt the meshes for the MOL parts, he very kindly obliged.

Edited by CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

we already have a mod for that lander

Yeah we have, MAH (Making alternative history), it includes the lander AND all the lunar habitats from ETS, but not the Pegasus transfer stage. But for a stock system you don´t need one anyway. Just kick the lander with the S-IVB of an Saturn IC or M02 into transfer orbit and let the lander do the rest.

for other systems then stock: just try using the S-IV with uprated engines, i shortened it too for a 2,5-rescaled stock systems and it worket with the straight tank part only ( okay.... i packed two 1207´s on a H03, so it was a H23 for real, but the half S-IV with the RL-10-A4 worked.

Edited by JoeSheridan

18 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

To be clear, Beale isn't being asked to do any more IVA work for us. He was making TKS parts, I asked if he could adapt the meshes for the MOL parts, he very kindly obliged.

That's why I expect after he make OS or MKBS, as those are about that same diameter so the mesh can be adapt. Unless it have to be a 1:Kerbal replication of a real Skylab IVA.

6 hours ago, derega16 said:

That's why I expect after he make OS or MKBS, as those are about that same diameter so the mesh can be adapt. Unless it have to be a 1:Kerbal replication of a real Skylab IVA.

Making the existing IVA shells was already a big favor from Beale and I don't want to ask more of him - he has plenty of his own projects. :)

Also, Zorg found a cool video on Youtube. Someone here, maybe? :)

14 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Making the existing IVA shells was already a big favor from Beale and I don't want to ask more of him - he has plenty of his own projects. :)

Also, Zorg found a cool video on Youtube. Someone here, maybe? :)

Perhaps you could borrow one of nerteas phat 5m ones

although that might be complicated with licenses and stuff

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff