[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

15 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

there's  reference to a roadmap on the main post but i can't find it,  can someone post a link?

I don't think we actually have one anymore, closest thing would be this.

Another day, another LM stream. Working on the engines, SLA, and the last of the antennas today (probably).

A2V4NSB.png
W2dlJ6U.png

Just an update on the progression of my 1.11.1 game since I'm practically using BDB parts exclusively and on the dev branch so in many ways I guess I'm also testing. :D

Should I post this stuff on Github in future? I'm not sure how open development is @CobaltWolf?

Anywho. 

Other then some more minor mass discrepancies, the kraken gently nudging spacecraft landed on the Mun (Probably mass bug and Principia) and some minor broken functionality. All is well. 

I've compiled a small list of bugs and quality of life stuff. I know some are already known (like the lights in 1.11.1) but I figured Ill throw them in just in case. 

• The A7L Kerbal suits all have messed up textures for me. Like they're mapped wrong onto the model. May have something to do with texture replacer messing with Stock. Idk. 
  • Apollo/Kane EVA Docking Lights no longer animating and illuminating. Unsure of Gemini/Leo. 
  • Pretty much the whole of the Sarnus/Saturn V rocket from the SIVB stage down needs its attachment node rotated 45 degrees I think. The standard attachment methods orientate the rocket so the fins/engine fairings sit at the 12-3-6-9 positions instead of the 1:30-4:30-7:30-10:30 as it is historically. 
    Only noticed it from setting it up with Modular Launch Pads
Spoiler

1200px-Apollo_10_launch.jpg

• Mariner/Wayfarer 10 EPE98 Charged Particle Telescope Experiment is broken
  • Pods aren't compatible with new inventory system. I added the part modules myself balanced with respect to stock values. Kane/Apollo CM Blk 2 is the same as stocks Mk-1-3. Haven't looked at Leo yet and I'm not sure of the LM needs it since the descent stage has it already I think. 
Spoiler

For Block 2

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleInventoryPart
        InventorySlots = 3
        packedVolumeLimit = 200
    }
Block 3
MODULE
    {
        InventorySlots = 4
        packedVolumeLimit = 250
    }

• Some weird artefacts with the new Waterfall effects. Probably been fixed by now so eh. 

There's some others but I cant remember. Mainly inconsequential bugs to do with the probes and their science bits. 

Still no word back from Sarbian on MFIs interaction between FAR and BDB and messing with the dV calcs. I'm pretty sure it's also messing with Principia's burn calculations as well as my calculated burns are usually too short. 

That's it for now. Love you work lads!

1 hour ago, BenyB873 said:

Just an update on the progression of my 1.11.1 game since I'm practically using BDB parts exclusively and on the dev branch so in many ways I guess I'm also testing. :D

Should I post this stuff on Github in future? I'm not sure how open development is @CobaltWolf?

Anywho. 

Other then some more minor mass discrepancies, the kraken gently nudging spacecraft landed on the Mun (Probably mass bug and Principia) and some minor broken functionality. All is well. 

I've compiled a small list of bugs and quality of life stuff. I know some are already known (like the lights in 1.11.1) but I figured Ill throw them in just in case. 

• The A7L Kerbal suits all have messed up textures for me. Like they're mapped wrong onto the model. May have something to do with texture replacer messing with Stock. Idk. 
  • Apollo/Kane EVA Docking Lights no longer animating and illuminating. Unsure of Gemini/Leo. 
  • Pretty much the whole of the Sarnus/Saturn V rocket from the SIVB stage down needs its attachment node rotated 45 degrees I think. The standard attachment methods orientate the rocket so the fins/engine fairings sit at the 12-3-6-9 positions instead of the 1:30-4:30-7:30-10:30 as it is historically. 
  Reveal hidden contents

1200px-Apollo_10_launch.jpg

• Mariner/Wayfarer 10 EPE98 Charged Particle Telescope Experiment is broken
  • Pods aren't compatible with new inventory system. I added the part modules myself balanced with respect to stock values. Kane/Apollo CM Blk 2 is the same as stocks Mk-1-3. Haven't looked at Leo yet and I'm not sure of the LM needs it since the descent stage has it already I think. 
  Reveal hidden contents

For Block 2

MODULE
    {
        InventorySlots = 3
        packedVolumeLimit = 200
    }
Block 3
MODULE
    {
        InventorySlots = 4
        packedVolumeLimit = 250
    }

• Some weird artefacts with the new Waterfall effects. Probably been fixed by now so eh. 

There's some others but I cant remember. Mainly inconsequential bugs to do with the probes and their science bits. 

Still no word back from Sarbian on MFIs interaction between FAR and BDB and messing with the dV calcs. I'm pretty sure it's also messing with Principia's burn calculations as well as my calculated burns are usually too short. 

That's it for now. Love you work lads!

Forum reports are fine, github reports are preferable :) (they are less likely to get lost).

1. I can confirm the suits work fine in stock. This is likely a TR issue. Keep in mind we provide the suits in TR compatibility versions in BDB_Extras. This was provided for pre 1.10 (1.9??) users as a way to use the suits. Im not sure how TR interacts with the stock suit switcher though.

2. Lights are a known issue due to squad changing the lights module.

3. I dont think we will be rotating the Saturn V in a minor release (even if we were to decide to do so). This would be a question for the upcoming Saturn update.

4. Any details on how the charged particle experiment is broken?

5. A pull request or submission of files through other means to add inventory would be much appreciated!

6. Waterfall plumes are in  a process of continuous improvement. There are some artifacts that might bugs and others more the limitation of mesh plumes. That said we're all kind of new at this system and are always finding new ways to do things with the framework. But if anything is particularly egregious let me know.

On 2/21/2021 at 1:55 AM, jebalicious said:

Hi, thanks for the gret work to start!

I have a question re contracts....does this mod include contracts?  if it does, i have a bunch of bluedog contracts that when i compete a contract, the exact same contract reappears...its like a neverending cycle...any help appreciated

If the exact same keeps coming back and you're not able to get any others, most likely you've not yet unlocked the requirements for changing it up. But without detailed info what's happening that's all I can give you for now.

2 minutes ago, prinjrius said:

I really hope that the textures of the new Apollo. will be with a reflective effect, like a real one, not just gray.

then get Textures Unlimited, some people (like me) don't like the reflective effect, even if it is realistic

4 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

затем получите Textures Unlimited, некоторым людям (например, мне) не нравится эффект отражения, даже если он реалистичен

nobody says the effect will be like a mirror. This only applies to the command module and that's it. Not the whole body.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:55 PM, jebalicious said:

Hi, thanks for the gret work to start!

I have a question re contracts....does this mod include contracts?  if it does, i have a bunch of bluedog contracts that when i compete a contract, the exact same contract reappears...its like a neverending cycle...any help appreciated

I am also having this issue. New career 1.11.1 and I have tech unlocked to T7 and some T8 and I have all the same contracts for Bluedog reappearing even after declining the ones I am not interested in. I did a few of them, but perhaps you could set the ones that unlock new ones to "Never Expire" so we can tell which ones need to be completed to progress.

52 minutes ago, prinjrius said:

nobody says the effect will be like a mirror. This only applies to the command module and that's it. Not the whole body.

then apply it to atlas 

then to some parts of titan 3 and 4

then to metal tank switch variants

just make it like atlas with TU 

if cobalt is even doing it

2 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

затем примените его к атласу 

затем в некоторые части титана 3 и 4

затем к вариантам переключения металлического бака

просто сделай это как атлас с ТУ 

если кобальт вообще это делает

Well, personally I'm only interested in the Apollo capsule in this design.

3 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Then turn off KSP reflections in graphics settings. Modders can make parts with stock Mapped shaders, people who want the shiny don't need another dependency mod, you get better performance.

The stock reflective shader is a joke :)

3 hours ago, prinjrius said:

I really hope that the textures of the new Apollo. will be with a reflective effect, like a real one, not just gray.

I don't know yet. I won't add TU as a dependency, and the stock shader is bad. (see above)

22 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Gorgeous!

I must ask, though - five parts, as the current one, or more?

Also: a 3.125 -> 2.5 petal adapter, pretty please? To use LDC and Delta IV as Apollo launchers?

Not sure yet. It's a tradeoff between ease of building and flexibility. As of now I think at the very least the legs are going to be separated this time.

14 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

will you ever add the Apollo Rover?

I personally, am not. There's a chance someone else might make one. It's one of those things that doesn't really lend itself to working in KSP; you can't really pack a rover in the bay unless it folds, which... yeah. Some people have suggested sorta doing a Packrat type rover now that the stock KAS thing is in? But for now, if nothing else, I'm just focusing on getting the existing parts remade.

9 hours ago, BenyB873 said:
8 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

I can confirm this. Both lights (the one on the stick and the boxy one) are broken and stuck on the extended position.

The light thing is news to me. I'll have to keep it in mind I guess, I'm redoing those parts anyways.

I just checked the new Saturn models, the rotation of the engines on the S-1C is correct. I'm being pretty diligent about confirming the real position and orientation of details this time around. :) Blue arrow is the CSM Hatch side, red arrow is towards the LUT.

VPWkCkS.png