[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

19 minutes ago, lemon cup said:

Ah so THIS is how we will get our 50-pound payloads to the Moon! :D

The Agena's only got just enough fuel to de-orbit once orbital (without a payload!), so you'd probably need a solid or liquid kickstage. :P

Edited by KeaKaka

1 minute ago, Starhelperdude said:

what thing will be done next after these two? will saturn 5 be finished?

Right now I'm thinking the goal is to get the lunar stack in game together first and then move on to the other historical/real stuff.

Edited by CobaltWolf

25 minutes ago, Beccab said:

I missed the streams on the LM, will the legs be separate from the platform or still a single piece?

Separate. The RCS plume deflectors will be part of the descent stage but they'll be toggleable.

22 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

If they’re separate, how is the one with the ladder done (assuming the legs are in symmetry). Also, will the platform right outside the hatch be toggleable?

Probably just toggleable nodes to make sure they connect consistently, so the ladder one can be switched with B9. The platform would probably be part of the ladder leg switch, along with getting rid of the surface probe.

3 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

with what LV  would you want to launch a apollo direct thing?

I thinks that would be a saturn V with SRB´s.  Somekind of an S-VB ( Sorry, i know there were real concepts but i think ever about that since i real stephen baxters book Voyage. ).  Long story short: Pack 4 Titan 1207´s on the Saturn V, together with the upgraded F-1A if you like it and you get the payload  nearly doubled. Should be enough for a Kitbash Apollo DA and we would not need a single new part  other than the ones currently in the works.

12 minutes ago, CollectingSP said:

Isn’t that nova?

from what I remember, no, it's not nova

and also from what I've heard there won't be a c-8 in bdb

11 minutes ago, Naeth Kerman said:

They are different, but I forgot the difference

c-8 looks like a big saturn 5

novas look bad

5 hours ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Can we get some direct-ascent action in the revamp too?

Launch vehicle aside (there were plenty of Saturn MLV proposals that could fit the bill for you so I don't get the criticism on that front, and in my opinion they would of moved to a direct ascent if the budget permitted it) probably not any landing specific parts but I do remember there being a J-2 engine with RL-10 vernier engines that was in development IIRC. I think that was proposed as a lander engine so you could use that, and mixed with fairings and radially attached fuel tanks get a good looking direct lander.

16 minutes ago, Heliotrope said:

Launch vehicle aside (there were plenty of Saturn MLV proposals that could fit the bill for you so I don't get the criticism on that front, and in my opinion they would of moved to a direct ascent if the budget permitted it) probably not any landing specific parts but I do remember there being a J-2 engine with RL-10 vernier engines that was in development IIRC. I think that was proposed as a lander engine so you could use that, and mixed with fairings and radially attached fuel tanks get a good looking direct lander.

yeah, that makes sense

I'm against making a completely new apollo direct acent if it's not already in planning since IMO they/he/us/whatever should focus on real stuff and stuff like ETS and stuff

Currently trying to figure out what's causing a bug in my modlist regarding tweakscale(If I make the part smaller and then duplicate it, the max fuel storage gets reset), and I've made it not happen on non bluedog parts but it still happens on these, anyone had similar issues in the past that I could use to figure out what's causing it faster? The cycle of removing a couple of mods, starting the game, and rescaling a part only to do it again and again is becoming less and less fun :v