[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just now, TaintedLion said:

Another thing I noticed was in earlier BDB pages on this thread there was a LM Lab/Shelter thing, is that going to make a comeback?

io52tSf.png

oh my god i'd die for this in BDB 

i think cobalt "plans" on it later but dont take my word on it :) 

1 minute ago, alberro+ said:

Have you guys ever considered breaking up BDB into different parts, kinda like Tantares? I think it would help a lot to have the probes in one and LV’s in another.

From the FAQ:

I don't want to download all this, can you split up the mod?

I wish it was that easy! At this point, splitting up the mod would be a good deal of work, as well as additional overhead to maintain. Additionally, despite the frequency this gets asked, nobody seems to agree on how the mod should be split up! However, the mod is easily prunable. Deleting folders inside Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Parts/ will delete that part family without breaking other parts of the mod. For finer pruning, mods like Janitor's Closet can be used to remove parts from within the game.

On 6/7/2021 at 12:17 PM, Friznit said:

Check you're using the correct parts - Meduci-R for the retro model, Meduci-E for the equipment module.  They fit together just fine.

Whoops was looking at the wrong ones, thanks!

On 6/18/2021 at 4:57 PM, TaintedLion said:

Something interesting I noticed, the Apollo command module used for the Skylab missions was white, would it be possible to get a part switch for this in the Apollo rework?

It will be a B9 switch in the main mod.

On 6/18/2021 at 11:23 AM, Beccab said:

Given the Tempel ion engine was made as almost-replica of the one in Halley intercept mission probe, would it be possible to add a "compact" variant without the ring above it? It's not present in the original spacecraft and it could be useful when building small probes

On 6/19/2021 at 8:59 AM, Zorg said:

I was thinking of redoing this entirely. Make the full set. Perhaps sometime after skylab. Not a high priority but I do want to do it.

Yeah, it was a fairly half-baked part made without a real use in mind. It deserves to be redone.

On 6/19/2021 at 9:33 AM, TaintedLion said:

Another thing I noticed was in earlier BDB pages on this thread there was a LM Lab/Shelter thing, is that going to make a comeback?

On 6/19/2021 at 9:36 AM, TruthfulGnome said:

oh my god i'd die for this in BDB
i think cobalt "plans" on it later but dont take my word on it :) 

Something like that. I'm planning on trying to expand the LM parts once the historical parts are out.

And a small update on my end - I haven't been able to work on BDB much the last couple weeks, probably won't for the next week or so. Been taking on a bunch of new projects at work, mostly video production, which has taken a lot of my creative energies. Laying in bed thinking about that instead of BDB, etc. Right now my plan is to try and get the CSM over the line as a first priority - that way there's something new to start fiddling with :)
Also, no need for platitudes about "real life takes priority" or whatever, just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

Are the kerbals in the Leo capsule supposed to have their helmets on in IVA, no other command pod seems to do that.

29 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Also, no need for platitudes about "real life takes priority" or whatever, just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

I'll do what I want thank you very much.

Real life takes priority.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:36 PM, CobaltWolf said:

But....  But....  But.....  I wanna! :D

I am half way through editing a "real history" of the early Centaur Flights.   This is the pre-production centaurs and what plans they had...   Kinda to set the record, a little straighter, kinda cause it was something to do :D

Another thing I noticed, the ETS Apollo Block IV service module appears to be slightly longer than the Block III, wondering if that's going to be a thing in the Apollo rework

fetch.php?media=timelines:apollos.png

And are we going to be getting the Block II AARDV as well? The enhanced supply capacity and unpressurised cargo area would be useful.

fetch.php?w=750&tok=e9c48d&media=timelin

Edited by TaintedLion

10 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Another thing I noticed, the ETS Apollo Block IV service module appears to be slightly longer than the Block III, wondering if that's going to be a thing in the Apollo rework

fetch.php?media=timelines:apollos.png

And are we going to be getting the Block II AARDV as well? The enhanced supply capacity and unpressurised cargo area would be useful.

fetch.php?w=750&tok=e9c48d&media=timelin

Where are the diagrams from? I can’t find them. 

50 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Where are the diagrams from? I can’t find them. 

look on the ETS alternate history thing

------------------------------------------------

@TaintedLionwe already have the unpressurized cargo section though in our (later old) version but yeah

9 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

Just want to say that the pipe connecting to the nozzle extension on the XLR-129 has a gap between the pipe and the extension. I know, purely visual, but still.

Do you have a screenshot? Because im not seeing this in Unity.

Edit: Or indeed in game

Edit2: Ok it seems a mesh is missing from the large nozzle variant. Fine on the smaller nozzle.

Edited by Zorg