[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, Sylandro said:

How can this mod exist when people know that we are lizard-men that fake out space programmes, that know deep inside that our eyes that don't exist?

/s

It starts when you stop believing everything you see on the internet.

6 minutes ago, Sylandro said:

How can this mod exist when people know that we are lizard-men that fake out space programmes, that know deep inside that our eyes that don't exist?

/s

4 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

It starts when you stop believing everything you see on the internet.

Both of you go home 

21 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Do it! I'd love to see them. :) I'm starting to think closer to the difference between Soyuz and Progress, in that you can tell it's basically a Gemini capsule but without people stuff.

The thing about Gemini is everything behind the 'nose' fits into that cone shaped profile, from the pod to the sm, even big G, so changing the shape like that is pretty jarring. I'd just lose the windows and hatch, Unlike Soyuz, Gemini has pretty prominent windows so I'm sure their conspicuous absence will get the 'no crew' message across. 

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Guys can we slow down a little bit on the BS posting? It's getting a little intense.

Oh, yeah, how's development going with 1.1? This is such a great mod and I don't want to keep it on my list for too long.

10 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

It's going pretty well, fam. Keep in mind the latest release and especially the latest dev release all work just fine in 1.1. 

You sure? The mod is still on watchlist until I can test it.

2 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

You sure? The mod is still on watchlist until I can test it.

I don't play without it (in fear of Cobalt calling me a abandoner...) and I'm running 1.1 no problem. Apart from maybe the occasional bug (which is usually the fault of KSP) I can tell you, as the co-author of this mod, that it will work fine with 1.1. 

1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I don't play without it (in fear of Cobalt calling me a abandoner...) and I'm running 1.1 no problem. Apart from maybe the occasional bug (which is usually the fault of KSP) I can tell you, as the co-author of this mod, that it will work fine with 1.1. 

Well, I'll test it and remove it from the list.

Confirming what I should have done days ago - The Muo Skirt is fixed. There is now a flipping problem, But  that has more to do with 'I put literally nothing in the nose, and I expect to pitch really fast'. 

Another easily contractable problem is the 'normal' engines being rather weak for making an Muo-Inon rocket, especially the inner engine without the skirt. The solution: use other engines, modify the existing engines configs to put out more thrust, or change one's launching habits to ditch the skirt later.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I've been using the latest dev update, which isn't broken. The release on SpaceDock is essentially broken in a couple ways. The dev update is fine in 1.1.

Yes.

27 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Confirming what I should have done days ago - The Muo Skirt is fixed. There is now a flipping problem, But  that has more to do with 'I put literally nothing in the nose, and I expect to pitch really fast'. 

Another easily contractable problem is the 'normal' engines being rather weak for making an Muo-Inon rocket, especially the inner engine without the skirt. The solution: use other engines, modify the existing engines to put out more thrust, or change one's launching habits to ditch the skirt later.

Muo is really unstable by default, because the weight balance in the game is different than IRL. KSP engines are so heavy. Clipping some fins into the bottom helps, be careful that it doesn't screw up staging the skirt. You can also lock your top fuel tanks so that they don't drain first, and open them up just before the rest of the tanks empty. The engines are also a bit powerful for a low-payload launch, such as Hermes or with no upper stage. Toning them down a bit will make your ascent a little more controllable.

If you are running the most recent pre-release, I believe I included a work in progress rebalance config that @Jso is working on. It makes the sustainer much weaker (somewhere around 100kn total thrust in vacuum, worse at sea level) than the boosters, which is accurate. Some of the proposed Atlas upgrades actually did replace the sustainer with a more powerful engine, such as the H-1D from Saturn 1. One such example is the Atlas SLV-3X, which is currently on the roadmap but I'm unsure of how annoyed people would be with another new size that doesn't have much to fill it with. Point being, I say go for it if you're going to a somewhat realistic Atlas build. Replacing the sustainer with a more powerful engine was absolutely something on the table at some point.

there is a niche, however, that would be cool to fill: a more powerful (~230 Kn) engine with the same efficiency.

However, If you're implementing Saturn 1, 1) Thank you, I've been waiting my entire KSP life for that, But 2) The H-1 will do very nicely to fill it.

And, as for the instability, My fix was simply adding Dead weight (Ore) to the top.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

12 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

there is a niche, however, that would be cool to fill: a more powerful (~230 Kn) engine with the same efficiency.

However, If you're implementing Saturn 1, 1) Thank you, I've been waiting my entire KSP life for that, But 2) The H-1 will do very nicely to fill it.

Oh my child... do you not know?

How would that engine be balanced? That seems overpowered. But since the engines are (hopefully) balanced realistically relative to eachother (ie if one engine is more powerful than another in real life, it will be in BDB) then if there is such an engine it will make it in.