[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

I have long wanted to ask: why is Saturn-V 5.625 meters in diameter?
Why not 6.25?

6.25 x 1.6 is a 10 meter real diameter.
The adapter 3.125-1.875 meters scales well up to 6.25-3.75 meters. (1.66666 proportion)
The 3.175-2.5 meter adapter scales well up to 6.25-5 meters (1.25 proportion).
It's comfortable. This is the variety of use of parts.
6.25 is an excellent diameter for creating, for example, a proportional Ares-V

hoZ3Qn9Ouqw.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

30 minutes ago, Friznit said:

The Saturn V model was scaled down so it would fit in the VAB in KSP.  The revamped version is to scale.

Thank you. I understood the reason.

Perhaps, too long use of the Hangar Expander did not allow such a version to come to mind)

I just tried to apply 6.25 size for the test ... I think, very good proportions in the area of diameter change.

Edited by Cochies

16 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Can we have the Gemini capsule parachute down in the orientation that it did in real life i.e. belly down?

No, the parachute module is finicky enough as it is and would require some absolute weirdness to make it work. Maybe once RealChute2 is done.

In other news, its been so long since I started up KSP, I forgot to take screenshots the whole time I was testing? But fortunately @DylanSemrau got my back.

This is like... early alpha. Pre-alpha. Half the functionality isn't there, and the compression on some of the textures looks jacked up. But... the CSM is in game.

IbY6mDl.png
z0VmI2H.png
dhxX7MJ.png
5vQS9OQ.png

You know the problem with the Mercury main chute, and how it calculates the height based on the deployed chute? Same thing for the new Apollo main and drogue chutes (but it is less of a concern considering where you would be in career with these parts).

33 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

No, the parachute module is finicky enough as it is and would require some absolute weirdness to make it work. Maybe once RealChute2 is done.

In other news, its been so long since I started up KSP, I forgot to take screenshots the whole time I was testing? But fortunately @DylanSemrau got my back.

This is like... early alpha. Pre-alpha. Half the functionality isn't there, and the compression on some of the textures looks jacked up. But... the CSM is in game.

IbY6mDl.png
z0VmI2H.png
dhxX7MJ.png
5vQS9OQ.png

Very nice!

Looks significantly less borked than it was on stream! :D

It's been a while, so here's a few snaps of what I'm tinkering with.

A Saturn V with a funny looking spacecraft on top.
ibCBzGA.png?1

So far, so good.
sEk86cH.png?1

I wonder what's in that shroud?
NsLi2wN.png

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

IbY6mDl.png
z0VmI2H.png
dhxX7MJ.png
5vQS9OQ.png

"Houston, Apollo 12. The drogues are out and they look fantastic!"

It's the General Electric Apollo D-2 with its pal, the Grumman LEM Prototype D!
WTOyUrA.png?1

Time to see what the Bug can do.
K7nzw1c.png?1

A smooth ride, right down the line.
6dYLr3t.png?1

And we're down.
v2hyBAS.png?1

End of screenshot tax. :D

16 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

It's the General Electric Apollo D-2 with its pal, the Grumman LEM Prototype D!
WTOyUrA.png?1

Time to see what the Bug can do.
K7nzw1c.png?1

A smooth ride, right down the line.
6dYLr3t.png?1

And we're down.
v2hyBAS.png?1

End of screenshot tax. :D

im in love... 

i hate to ask but what mod :) 

20 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Will the old Apollo parts be available as legacy parts so saves don't break?

When the new parts are released they will remain in game (but hidden in the VAB) to allow for a transition but will usually be permanently deleted in the next patch update.

17 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

im in love... 

i hate to ask but what mod :) 

Thanks! I love flying the things that never flew. The Russian N1-L3 stack has been a favorite for jaunts to the Mun until the GE D-2 came along.

I extracted only the LEM parts from "Alternate Apollo". There seemed to be problems with the accompanying D-2, and I was confident @CobaltWolf would deliver a superior set of parts anyway.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

Can someone do me a favor and confirm something screwy with MechJeb v1092? I'm getting a weird PVG ascent guidance system failure when using the Titan I and Titan II launchers. I reported it on that thread but trying to isolate the problem. Steps to replicate:

• Create a Titan II
  • At launch pad, confirm Mechjeb ascent guidance parameters and set guidance mode to PVG
  • Engage autopilot
  • The status should flash like it tried to compute something and then return to "Status: Finished"

In the logs it appeared to stop at the Titan second stage interstage and engine, so not sure if there is something it doesn't like in the configs?

1 hour ago, thunder175 said:

Can someone do me a favor and confirm something screwy with MechJeb v1092? I'm getting a weird PVG ascent guidance system failure when using the Titan I and Titan II launchers. I reported it on that thread but trying to isolate the problem. Steps to replicate:

• Create a Titan II
  • At launch pad, confirm Mechjeb ascent guidance parameters and set guidance mode to PVG
  • Engage autopilot
  • The status should flash like it tried to compute something and then return to "Status: Finished"

In the logs it appeared to stop at the Titan second stage interstage and engine, so not sure if there is something it doesn't like in the configs?

Try reinstalling MechJeb, I was having issues with PVG too.

12 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Try reinstalling MechJeb, I was having issues with PVG too.

What version are you running? Are you using the latest stable? I'm on the 1092 dev build, but if this problem is not present on the last stable then I'll roll back to that. 

10 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

PVG?

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/TroubleshootingMechJebPVG

Edited by thunder175
Wrong link

On 7/8/2021 at 9:42 PM, Yuriy Istochnikov said:

Very nice!!!

Also i'm waiting for Pioneer Venus... Any plans for complexion? I hope use the entry probes for a very nice "Grand Tour"

Thanks! There are currently no active attempts to finish Pioneer Venus. That doesn't mean it will not get picked up again however. I might consider evaluating to see if I can pick up where Cobalt left off in the future, but that's definitely at the bottom of my priority list when it comes to what I am working on.

20 minutes ago, thunder175 said:

What version are you running? Are you using the latest stable? I'm on the 1092 dev build, but if this problem is not present on the last stable then I'll roll back to that. 

Using 2.12.0 for 1.11.x. Playing on 1.11.2. It's working alright for me after reinstalling. 

Here's the forum page for it: 

44 minutes ago, thunder175 said:

Oh right, I don't use RSS/RO so I don't use it

I know a lot of people have had success using PVG in JNSQ and stock KSP with the Titan Rockets.    I have not.   So I just straight up don't use it.   

I am posting this to say, A) yes it can be used in various types of KSP playthroughs, not limited to RSS/RO,   But also to say that it CAN be problematic and not everyone will get it working.

IF you are one of the lucky people to get it working reliably... Congrats!    If you are like me, it is worth it to try it at least to see if you can get it working......