[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, Morphisor said:

As far as I can tell from your posts, @birdog357 you're running into a contract configurator limitation. What's happening is that I limited the amount of contracts BDB can offer at any one time, to prevent your mission control being spammed by them (there's 13 in total if memory serves).

What happens next is down to the contract generation done by contract configurator, not the contracts themselves. Unfortunately this system sometimes just doesn't load in a specific contract even when conditions are met. I've done a lot of testing on this myself, and the only advice I can give you is, that if you REALLY want a specific mission, you're just gonna have to accept and decline missions until the generator rngesus smiles on you. Sometimes it helps fast-forwarding time a bunch of days.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Contract configurator is a great addition to the game but has a bunch of limitations and oddities in it.

I was afraid it was going to be something like that. It seems to have broken the log jam at this point. My issue was if I had continued the logical mission progression, it would have meant I could never have accepted a given contract. Thanks for response.

On 8/8/2021 at 1:32 PM, Invaderchaos said:

Been working on pioneer, found a couple proposals centered around a Saturn/Uranus atmosphere probe.

E8SrLPDUUAAQnrJ?format=jpg&name=large
E8SrLPEVgAQAFmv?format=jpg&name=large
E8SrLQBVoAIBglx?format=jpg&name=900x900

Since I’m already doing a few pioneer proposal parts (specifically pioneer orbiter) it wouldn’t hurt to make a couple more. I did find a few other proposals that were very out there but those seem a little more ambitious and I will probably just stick with the atmosphere probe for now. 

5 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Some progress on the Pioneer Uranus Probe:
Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

ADORABLE!!!!

Can't wait for launching this. 

Just a question... will you make also the Pioneer-Jupiter combo Orbiter-Probe (Contract NAS-2-6859 seen in your first post i'm quoting), or me should choose between orbiting or a probe?

12 hours ago, Yuriy Istochnikov said:

ADORABLE!!!!

Can't wait for launching this. 

Just a question... will you make also the Pioneer-Jupiter combo Orbiter-Probe (Contract NAS-2-6859 seen in your first post i'm quoting), or me should choose between orbiting or a probe?

So this is where it got a little tricky... The propulsion unit for Pioneer Orbiter-Probe is completely different from Pioneer Orbiter. Given that I would really not prefer to make a whole new orbiter propulsion unit especially considering the first one took long enough, I'm making a 0.625m Probe adapter part that interfaces with the Orbiter propulsion unit that can accommodate the probe. The consequence of this is that the spacecraft will be a little taller, but other than that the capabilities will be the same. It should still be able to fit in the Titan IIIE fairing. Additionally, I am making a variant of the relay antenna part that is angled and longer as seen in the contract you are referring to.

3 hours ago, Zorg said:

screenshot29.png?width=959&height=539

screenshot34.png?width=959&height=539

screenshot35.png?width=959&height=539

screenshot37.png?width=959&height=539

screenshot40.png?width=959&height=539

unknown.png?width=959&height=733

Untitled-1.png?width=1303&height=844

screenshot51.png?width=1499&height=843

screenshot50.png?width=1499&height=843

Getting things functional :) 

Looks like real life!!

13 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I sense a Galileo kitbash in the near future.

It's kind of strange... Pioneer Orbiter-Probe is remarkably similar to the profile of Galileo, albeit much smaller. But speaking of Galileo, I am working on a project outside of BDB that will (eventually) bear Galileo. Just not anytime soon lol

5 hours ago, Zorg said:

I genuinely did a double take when I saw this image! It took me a good few seconds to realise it's actually the real thing and not your amazing work!

Edited by KeaKaka

2 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

I genuinely did a double take when I saw this image! It took me a good few seconds to realise it's actually the real thing!

lol, I snuck that in there as a comparison.

Anyway 2 updates in one day? Yes its possible.

screen_2560x1440_2021-08-10_23-51-54.png?width=851&height=844

screen_2560x1440_2021-08-10_23-51-04.png?width=1085&height=844

3 minutes ago, Zorg said:

If anyone has a lead on any fairing options I might have missed (non historical etc) keen to hear and consider.

Hmm, perhaps the Saturn 1B Centaur fairing? Would be just an extended 204
600px-Saturn_Ib-Centaur.png

There would also be the two Saturn AG stations fairing, which would probably be quite interesting for starting from a SII diameter

AGSpaceStation396.pngAGSpaceStation260.png

7 minutes ago, Beccab said:

There would also be the two Saturn AG stations fairing, which would probably be quite interesting for starting from a SII diameter

Yeah all of these fairings will have "wall" extensions so the Centaur fairing should be covered.

I havent looked too closely at the MLV diagrams and such but a biconic like that sounds more appealing (and prob more realistic) than a pure conical fairing which you often see with such diagrams. Something to dig into a bit later.

49 minutes ago, Beccab said:

These are all the Skylab fairing (or at least, profile) :P

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

Untitled-1.png?width=1303&height=844

Um, you missed the Left (right side in this view) solar array.   What the heck!   The real one at the bottom so you can see how to make it right! :D

Sorry had to make the joke.    In all seriousness aside from some minor Paralax and shadowing differences causing things to look "slightly off" This is an amazing scope of work err amount of detail Zorg!

Also an amazing set of WIP pictures!

* can you tell I have been preaching SOW at my work all day today!?  :(

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Yeah, current list:

unknown.png

tracking the issue here https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/962

If anyone has a lead on any fairing options I might have missed (non historical etc) keen to hear and consider.

already posted this on the Git, but a 3.75m fairing matching the early Saturns for those of us who want to fly a constant Diameter S-IV stage for "REASONS."   This would match the 2.5m SAturn SA1 and SA5 textures

Edited by Pappystein

3 hours ago, Zorg said:

not really BDB specific but a set of generic SAF fairings for all sizes would be nice. really just 3.75m, 5m needs stuff. SAF is an amazing system but their aren't really any for the larger diameters.

7 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

not really BDB specific but a set of generic SAF fairings for all sizes would be nice. really just 3.75m, 5m needs stuff. SAF is an amazing system but their aren't really any for the larger diameters.

I would consider rescaling some 4.25m and 6.25m fairings to 3.75m and 5m. But in the meantime the SAF KW rocketry pack provides decent alternatives. SAF was originally made by blowfish to provide extra functionality to the KW fairings in fact. The additional development then took place later when we started making BDB fairings.

This should have 3.75, 5 and even 7.5m fairings (rescaled from 5m for the latter I think)

https://github.com/blowfishpro/SimpleAdjustableFairings-KWRocketry

Upon further investigation, it turns out that the Atlas Surface Attach extra was messing with the Saturn S-1E/1F tank's ability to be radially attached, as both had the line: bdbTankType = bdbBalloon (unlike the other Saturn tanks). deleting the extra (or that line) resolves the issue.

2 hours ago, Jcking said:

Upon further investigation, it turns out that the Atlas Surface Attach extra was messing with the Saturn S-1E/1F tank's ability to be radially attached, as both had the line: bdbTankType = bdbBalloon (unlike the other Saturn tanks). deleting the extra (or that line) resolves the issue.

Oh probably best to patch the desired attach rules after the Atlas patch. not having tank bdbTankType = bdbBalloon on the S1F tank could lead to potential problems with the fuel switcher and correct dry mass.

1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Maybe I’m the only one but does anyone else hate how the Skylab radiator looks. Not talking about your work Zorg just in general Skylab’s radiator looks like a weird squashed garlic bulb.

Lol I kinda like it. I did think about doing a bare version with the cover as a toggle but ran out of texture space (and energy if Im being honest). Of course wetlab with the S4B engine mount is always an option.,

4 hours ago, derega16 said:

Will 6.25 one included S-IVB adaptor inside that I requested long ago?

I wasnt planning on it but a separate internal adapter part could be considered.