[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

@Pappystein no Tantares?

Too many parts and not doing a Space station so at this juncture no.    Like I said, I may add in the future as need be.  I have already discovered like 9 mods I *NEED*   Blizzy tool bar anyone?

WHOOOPS!

7 minutes ago, Arrowstar said:

KSPTOT author here!  Let me know if you need anything help with it. :)

Thanks for the offer!   My last playthrough didn't work but I had "other problems" with my JNSQ playthrough and didn't want to bring it up with those other bugs hanging so this is my 2nd attempt.    I am impressed by the detail you went into in the mod and hope I can get it working!

41 minutes ago, jefferyharrell said:

I think Utility Weight is the better mod.

Thanks for the suggestion.    I use NRAP as a Lawn Dart test... IE I do impact science with it as well :D

Asssuming I don't get caught on impact mid physics update.... then it just dissapears :(

Edited by Pappystein

On 8/28/2021 at 5:03 AM, Beccab said:

Fully reusable space shuttle (it is a mix of as many proposals I could find, but mostly it is derived from the Martin Marietta + McDonnel Douglas phase B shuttle proposal:

Reveal hidden contents

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/481572345341804574/881109005701898280/stsmd71p.png

and this one:

Reveal hidden contents

E9QLZUnXEAk4f9x?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Screenshot_6875.png

Love this proposal. You really brought it to life!

More screenshot tax:

Mercury-Redstone two ways

Freedom 7...

gOW1CM5.png

z9OwAr7.png

...and Liberty Bell 7, with authentic paintjob to boot.

hthQ9AP.png

Cissgt6.png

No sinking capsules this time.

Kitbashed scanning satellite launching from Vandenberg AFB on Thor-Agena B, carrying Alouette 1 along as a rideshare:

MLsiKEB.png

YOIcDux.png

Alouette has a small kick motor to push it into a higher orbit

6Km1H9F.png

The scanning spacecraft stays attached to its Agena bus and comes equipped with both altimetry and multispectral biome scanners. USAF Corona flights are handling my visual maps.

Ranger Block 2:

G6g7W8d.png

And yeah, I modified the launch tower; I love Modular Launch Pads but its standard Agena tower looks way too different from the real thing for me.

XIwrep3.png

Ranger 3 sailing over Mare Imbrium and the Apennine Front. I neglected to take photos of the rough landing, but I promise it happened (after reloading a few saves).

19 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Thanks for the offer!   My last playthrough didn't work but I had "other problems" with my JNSQ playthrough and didn't want to bring it up with those other bugs hanging so this is my 2nd attempt.    I am impressed by the detail you went into in the mod and hope I can get it working!

Sounds good.  Please do keep me in the loop regarding bug reports.  I'm happy to fix anything my users find and I'm usually pretty fast at turning around bug fixes.  Thanks!

Does anyone have any idea of what may be causing these stick-like artifacts?

usvi7aL.jpg

sIniXKK.jpg

They are present throughout all phases of flight. They are semi-transparent and have a brownish tint. Game Data folder below.

4gbkziI.jpg

This is a 1.11.2 install. Note that I had the same issues on a Stock 1.11.2 install. Only present on the Mercury. 

Edited by DaveyJ576
Small addition

Is there anyway to build the Gemini lunar lander and have it fit inside 1.875 fairings? Historically it was supposed to fit the same diameter as the base of the service module. I'm trying to launch it atop an SLV-3B and the landing gear hangs outside.

23 minutes ago, birdog357 said:

Is there anyway to build the Gemini lunar lander and have it fit inside 1.875 fairings? Historically it was supposed to fit the same diameter as the base of the service module. I'm trying to launch it atop an SLV-3B and the landing gear hangs outside.

isn't the lander supposed to be launched on a saturn 1?

1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

isn't the lander supposed to be launched on a saturn 1?

According to images I've seen, it's either behind the capsule in a fairing with a Centaur on the nose to push. Or on top of an Agena and then docked to the nose of the capsule with a Centaur behind the capsule.

1 hour ago, birdog357 said:

Use a custom 1.875m fairing. I previously posted pics for how I did my own lunar Gemini capsule and lander with a Titan rocket. Alternatively, you can clip parts or use different legs. Link to my pics below (expand spoiler to see all the pics).

Bonus: Apollo's been done to death. Here's my "Big Gemini" 2-crew lander. This one gets transported inside a Saturn petal fairing.

8pEbEdS.png

2 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

usvi7aL.jpg

sIniXKK.jpg

They are present throughout all phases of flight. They are semi-transparent and have a brownish tint. Game Data folder below.

4gbkziI.jpg

This is a 1.11.2 install. Note that I had the same issues on a Stock 1.11.2 install. Only present on the Mercury. 

I’ve been having the same problem, but it only seems to happen in the atmosphere. If you look closely at my photo of the Redstone launch further up this page, you’ll just barely see one of those rays coming out of the capsule’s roll thruster. On the later photos taken in space, however, no such artifact can be seen.

5 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

2 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I’ve been having the same problem, but it only seems to happen in the atmosphere. If you look closely at my photo of the Redstone launch further up this page, you’ll just barely see one of those rays coming out of the capsule’s roll thruster. On the later photos taken in space, however, no such artifact can be seen.

Could either of you test without Waterfall?

4 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

My intrepretation of JUMPSEAT:

screenshot2416.png
screenshot2431.png

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot2416.png
screenshot2423.png
screenshot2426.png
screenshot2430.png
screenshot2431.png
screenshot2433.png

Giant SIGINT satellite with an infrared telescope for missile monitoring stuff

Wow. If I didn’t know that was a recreation of a Titan 34B/Ascent Agena, I would say it was a caffeine-induced KSP kit bash. It looks waaay too long to be an actual rocket.  Henceforth it shall be called “The Stick”. :confused:

1 hour ago, msp307 said:
Hi, I have a problem with the ATM truss. If I put something on the upper node and use it in the VAB, each object is enlarged.

I haven't been able to find anything to do with it so far.

It sounds like you have been rescaling the truss. KSP robotics do not seem to like that.