[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

the gold section of skylab turned white for some reason. is anyone else having this problem?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EVrpwoWXPnuhwvwri6jss_oMrPpfQMAH/view?usp=sharing

the bar running down the side is still there, probably should have taken the pic from that side

What do you mean it turned white? Was it working before and it has stopped working now?

Centaur has joined the party:

IK4Rmz6.png

lNNL0oh.png

sKbNLbg.png

Planning to give it the same look as the Atlas - the base textures are very different to the Atlas one but it's just as shiny:

Spoiler

36410304-9014939-image-a-1_1607013670423

scus-w-shuttle-pathfinder-hv-timesjpg-7e

Edited by Bellabong

34 minutes ago, Bellabong said:

What do you mean it turned white? Was it working before and it has stopped working now?

other users had it looking like this https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/409435221977595924/876445420887347220/unknown.png

i'm running the latest version and I think see the texture file in the folder, so i have know idea why its not working

5 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

the gold section of skylab turned white for some reason. is anyone else having this problem?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EVrpwoWXPnuhwvwri6jss_oMrPpfQMAH/view?usp=sharing

the bar running down the side is still there, probably should have taken the pic from that side

is this a screenshot of the issue? The file is not public and so cannot be viewed.

The metallic skylab requires Textures Unlimited to work, and if you dont have it it will fall back to a regular stockalike texture. Also make sure you dont have anything like Magpie installed which might be applying TU configs to where its undesirable.

Also make sure your reflections are enabled in KSP settings.

Edited by Zorg

12 minutes ago, Zorg said:

The metallic skylab requires Textures Unlimited to work, and if you dont have it it will fall back to a regular stockalike texture. Also make sure you dont have anything like Magpie installed which might be applying TU configs to where its undesirable.

Also make sure your reflections are enabled in KSP settings.

reflections are on, does this link work? https://imgur.com/a/unUTZ6Z

Was going to do an Apollo mission today, but once on-orbit the S-IVB failed to ignite for transmunar injection. Had to abort, and the crew of three splashed down safely.

d28screenshot67.png117screenshot68.pngae3screenshot69.png95dscreenshot70.png

I also noticed that on the Wikipedia page for the Saturn V,  It states "For the first two uncrewed launches, eight solid-fuel ullage motors ignited for four seconds to accelerate the S-II stage, followed by the ignition of the five J-2 engines. For the first seven crewed Apollo missions only four ullage motors were used on the S-II, and they were eliminated completely for the final four launches". How did the S-II generate ullage without the motors on the interstage?

4 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

reflections are on, does this link work? https://imgur.com/a/unUTZ6Z

Alright this was caused by broken stock materials. I've pushed a fix. 

It should look like this instead of white now

unknown.png?width=816&height=843

However if you want the good stuff that uses the dedicated PBR textures in the subfolder you need to install Textures Unlimited (but please dont install mods like magpie which will probably try to overwrite this with its own configs). I guess most people have been using TU hence why no one has seen this issue so far.

screenshot22.png?width=1499&height=843

6 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

Was going to do an Apollo mission today, but once on-orbit the S-IVB failed to ignite for transmunar injection. Had to abort, and the crew of three splashed down safely.

d28screenshot67.png117screenshot68.pngae3screenshot69.png95dscreenshot70.png

I also noticed that on the Wikipedia page for the Saturn V,  It states "For the first two uncrewed launches, eight solid-fuel ullage motors ignited for four seconds to accelerate the S-II stage, followed by the ignition of the five J-2 engines. For the first seven crewed Apollo missions only four ullage motors were used on the S-II, and they were eliminated completely for the final four launches". How did the S-II generate ullage without the motors on the interstage?

If this happened IRL, they wouldn't have returned to earth immediately or send astronauts up to fix the stage in a wacky astronaut-frying situation, they would have stayed in orbit and used the instruments in the SIM bay to conduct earth observation.

6 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Still havent launched one on Saturn V myself lol. 

Anyhoo

screenshot107.png?width=1386&height=780

screenshot110.png?width=1040&height=780

screenshot116_2.png?width=1170&height=780

screenshot119_3.png?width=1692&height=686

screenshot126_2.png?width=1386&height=780

screenshot127-2.png?width=1040&height=780

screenshot128.png?width=1386&height=780

Wow! these edits are really good, what did you use to add the crosshairs?

2 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Screenshot_7182.png
"Well, maybe it's not a great landing, but surely we can call it a good one Val!"
"You're drunk, Jeb"

Time for the emergency rescue lander!
Screenshot_7186.pngScreenshot_7191.pngScreenshot_7205.png
Screenshot_7208.pngScreenshot_7218.pngScreenshot_7219.pngScreenshot_7231.pngScreenshot_7237.pngScreenshot_7242.pngScreenshot_7245.pngScreenshot_7249.pngScreenshot_7255.pngScreenshot_7257.png

Absolutely incredible

idk if its known from the recent alpha that added the SIM bay sometimes in the VAB and in flight the fairing part turns pink but it can be fixed loading the craft again (in the VAB) or F5 and F9 (in flight) probably B9 and SAF having a problem i guess
yy4SY9g.png

9 minutes ago, Kochi said:

idk if its known from the recent alpha that added the SIM bay sometimes in the VAB and in flight the fairing part turns pink but it can be fixed loading the craft again (in the VAB) or F5 and F9 (in flight) probably B9 and SAF having a problem i guess

not seen this isuue before, do you have anything in the log when this happens?

10 minutes ago, Kochi said:

yy4SY9g.png

I had this too, very odd 

5 minutes ago, Naeth Kerman said:

Quick question, how can I get my hands on all these "new" Apollo /Saturn parts?

The Apollo/Saturn revamp branch on Github.

Does anyone know what was in the SIM bay on LEO missions, Skylab missions and ASTP? I guess it was just empty?

39 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Screenshot_7182.png
"Well, maybe it's not a great landing, but surely we can call it a good one Val!"
"You're drunk, Jeb"

Time for the emergency rescue lander!
Screenshot_7186.pngScreenshot_7191.pngScreenshot_7205.png
Screenshot_7208.pngScreenshot_7218.pngScreenshot_7219.pngScreenshot_7231.pngScreenshot_7237.pngScreenshot_7242.pngScreenshot_7245.pngScreenshot_7249.pngScreenshot_7255.pngScreenshot_7257.png

A Kerbal has crashed in KSP!

Build the rescue vehicle!

And save the crew!

All new KSP mods! download now!