[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, TruthfulGnome said:

Yeah they function pretty well, the only problem I've come across is the Saturn V causing tons of lag during launch

But do things like the science experiments and data transmitters work? Could I actually use them as part of a career mode lunar mission or are they only good for sandbox shakedowns right now?

Edited by pTrevTrevs

2 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Wait, are these new Apollo/Saturn parts functional enough to be used in normal gameplay? I thought they were still prototypes missing a lot of functionality.

seems to work just fine for me, although there's way to much DV in the first two stages. then again that was something i thought with the old version as well.

only thing thats really missing is that the docking probe doesn't decouple.

Hi :-) quick question... 

Back giving Kerbal a run... been 2 years, but need to scratch the BDB itch.

I've got my first MOL up using a Titan launch system and really trying to stick to not kit-bashing too much... One issue I've having is that I have two labs attached together using the Heavy Docking ports. For some reason I cannot transfer crew between the modules ? I'm using CLS btw.  Is that a known issue ? Am I doing something wrong ? Shows the module as blocked or impassable ?

Edited by serjames

21 minutes ago, serjames said:

I've got my first MOL up using a Titan launch system and really trying to stick to not kit-bashing too much... One issue I've having is that I have two labs attached together using the Heavy Docking ports. For some reason I cannot transfer crew between the modules ? I'm using CLS btw.  Is that a known issue ? Am I doing something wrong ? Shows the module as blocked or impassable ?

Try right-clicking on both docking ports and clicking “open hatch.”

4 hours ago, serjames said:

3 hours ago, jefferyharrell said:

Try right-clicking on both docking ports and clicking “open hatch.”

Known issue, need someone to contribute updated CLS configs. https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/1092

18 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

Gemini Ferry on the Saturn 1 is a beaut, I cant wait for the new one!
220200_20210906211459_1.png
220200_20210906211601_1.png

Reveal hidden contents

220200_20210906211811_1.png
220200_20210906213607_1.png

Reveal hidden contents

220200_20210906212324_1.png
220200_20210906212334_1.png
220200_20210906214016_1.png
220200_20210906214108_1.png

Reveal hidden contents

220200_20210906214948_1.png

220200_20210906220411_1.png
220200_20210906220550_1.png

Very nice. How do you deorbit the Big G? With the RCS? One flaw that I could not get around with the BDB iteration of Big G is that no retro pack was provided. I think the dev team has that one for action. I had to create one by kitbashing.

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Very nice. How do you deorbit the Big G? With the RCS? One flaw that I could not get around with the BDB iteration of Big G is that no retro pack was provided. I think the dev team has that one for action. I had to create one by kitbashing.

yep i used RCS 

3 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

Been playing around with the revamp and have loved it so far!

The Legendary Saturn V

jVGG9jn.jpg

A different view... wait, what's that behind it?

y4KBe8G.jpg

Saturn Shuttle

WbrEJ3h.jpg

Can't wait to play around with this more!

>Saturn-Shuttle

YOOOOO! My man!

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Mariner 4 is done being modelled! That just leaves a few more things for Mariner 5, and then I can start unwrapping and texturing!

8 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Forgive me, this isn't strictly BDB but you guys are the best crowd to ask: does the MRO exist anywhere in KSP land?

Currently, none that I am aware of. However, in the future I am considering making it in a probe mod I am working on separate from BDB. That won't be for a while though.

On 9/6/2021 at 7:27 PM, Pioneer_Steve said:

I get that when a shock cone forms on the Saturn V, I go straight to like 10FPS.

On 9/6/2021 at 7:49 PM, TruthfulGnome said:

Yeah and its only when the aero effects hit

On 9/6/2021 at 8:03 PM, Adam-Kerman said:

me also, it drops during Launch....

Let me know if its better (even if not totally fixed) with the latest Github commits. I merged down the meshes on the S-II and S-IVB engine mounts, which I think will reduce the lag caused by the aero FX. I still need to perform that on the rest of the stack, but I believe those would have been the biggest offenders. I'll have to perform the same fix for the rest at some point.

On 9/6/2021 at 10:22 PM, TruthfulGnome said:

Gemini Ferry on the Saturn 1 is a beaut, I cant wait for the new one!
220200_20210906211459_1.png

Note to self - some sort of fairing shell for the Gemini Ferry. Launching with the solars exposed like that is icky :P

18 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

17 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

yep i used RCS 

I originally missed how the Big G still had a retro module. I'll have to redo the current one, as well as add the proper conical one. It was pending the Saturn revamp since it's dependent on the S-IVB diameter.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I originally missed how the Big G still had a retro module. I'll have to redo the current one, as well as add the proper conical one. It was pending the Saturn revamp since it's dependent on the S-IVB diameter.

Does this mean the chance of the other Big Gemini :PBig G”: Getting to Orbit Post-Apollo | False Steps
Big Gemini Fantastic Plastic Models
Ninfinger Productions: Scale Models