[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

@ZorgAfter playing a bit with the new Venus flyby parts I need to ask this before it's too late, if it is feasible would it be possibe to separate the cargo area and the inhabited section into two parts? A small segment with an door that can be opened on the sides would be great for kitbashing (only other instance being in NFLV), as would a section without the cargo part to use in stations and such

7 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

I watched a video on this proposal, and I wanted to make it in KSP but forget what the project was called. Great to see you bring an awesome proposal to life once again!

Man Very High was arguably a very descriptive name

16 minutes ago, Beccab said:

@ZorgAfter playing a bit with the new Venus flyby parts I need to ask this before it's too late, if it is feasible would it be possibe to separate the cargo area and the inhabited section into two parts? A small segment with an door that can be opened on the sides would be great for kitbashing (only other instance being in NFLV), as would a section without the cargo part to use in stations and such

Man Very High was arguably a very descriptive name

I decided against that (i did consider it initially) as it would put the bottom diameter for the ESM at an odd diameter (3.8 something). 

Edited by Zorg

On 9/5/2021 at 4:15 PM, Pioneer_Steve said:

Hey! Not a bother at all! It's actually the stock vector but using a mod called NF Realism which messes with some of the balancing.

Hi again Pioneer, I can't seem to find a mod called NF realism, is it that mod that adds the plume, or is there some configs that add the plume? By the way, sorry for bothering you as you're probably busy right now.

8 hours ago, Zorg said:

are you sure your profile is just not too aggressive? I tested in JNSQ with the aero overlay and did not see excessive drag on anything. The only time I flipped out was when I pitched over too quickly and found myself at 45 degrees pitch angle well before 15km. Any differences in KSRSS could be due to different atmo density curves or something idk. Will try at KSRSS at some point. (I tested a Thorad Agena).

MJ PVG was also fine, I had a pitch rate of 0.5 set.

I wouldn’t think so, but I’ll try my next few launches with a steeper trajectory and see if that helps.

9 minutes ago, DaBaby Kerman said:

Hi again Pioneer, I can't seem to find a mod called NF realism, is it that mod that adds the plume, or is there some configs that add the plume? By the way, sorry for bothering you as you're probably busy right now.

I think you're looking for these:

https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/CryoEngines/tree/master/Extras

8 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

What are you all using to calculate your Venus flyby's so you safely return to Kerbin? 

KSPTOT would be the best thing for this kind of mission in general, pinging @Arrowstar preemptively so that they can provide advice.

mvfmissiontrajectory.jpg
But this ^ was the planned trajectory for the actual flight (from False Steps), which may or may not scale to Kerbin-Eve in JNSQ,  stock, or even KSRSS. The general idea should hold though, a regular transfer with an Eve/Venus gravity assist that flings you out into an orbit that intercepts Kerbin/Earth on the way down from Apohelion.

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

2 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

What are you all using to calculate your Venus flyby's so you safely return to Kerbin? 

Yep, KSPTOT's Multi-Flyby Maneuver Sequencer can help find these mission plans.  Let me know if you have any questions once you've got KSPTOT running. :)

1 hour ago, Invaderchaos said:

Pioneer (and pioneer related proposals) is nearing completion. Probably will be on github in the next couple days.

screenshot1396.png
screenshot1395.png
screenshot1387.png

Is the addition of the notorious Pioneer Plaque going to cause this mod’s ESRB rating to go up to “M for Mature”?

7 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Is the addition of the notorious Pioneer Plaque going to cause this mod’s ESRB rating to go up to “M for Mature”?

If by Mature you mean Quality Long lasting work and continued growth?    YEP! :D

If by Mature you mean DED...   Not for me to say.  But given how Cobalt talks about the future on stream... I AM INFERRING no!

8 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

If by Mature you mean Quality Long lasting work and continued growth?    YEP! :D

If by Mature you mean DED...   Not for me to say.  But given how Cobalt talks about the future on stream... I AM INFERRING no!

I think they meant "appendix vermicularis"

3 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

What is that an uprated H-1???

2 minutes ago, Jcking said:

I think it's E-1

Yes its the E-1. Work on it started before the H1 so its probably more correct to say that it is an uprated and embiggened LR79/S3

12 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

The pioneer plaque will be a flag transform, so pretty much anything can go there. In my pics I found a flag online and edited it to match the BDB gold color. We will dodge ESRB for another day :sticktongue: