[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Since I know what you're on about - the artwork with the airbrakes depicts a full S-1C, not an S-1D's engine pack.

fzUslWd.png

I don’t want to ask you for a lot but this shouldn’t be that hard. The original fins with an animation, parachute module in the engine adapter, heat shield with a drone core. :D

1 hour ago, Jcking said:

air capture via helicopters,

What the hell?! Which helo should have captured that heavy sun of a b**** ?! If i wouldn´t knew that this idea came over 50 years ago into existence i would say: That guy has really played tooo much KSP.... 

Sorry for the bad language, but that´s the only thing i though while reading that.

51 minutes ago, JoeSheridan said:

What the hell?! Which helo should have captured that heavy sun of a b**** ?! If i wouldn´t knew that this idea came over 50 years ago into existence i would say: That guy has really played tooo much KSP.... 

Sorry for the bad language, but that´s the only thing i though while reading that.

A purpose built helicopter.

3741a.jpg

17 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Don't forget Goodyear's proposal for transporting the stages cross country...

6PJtSwz.png

Length extensions for the S-1C, and a lil goodie in there for ya. I'll get to S-II and the 7x mount (maybe others) soon.

lcO5lra.png

sP0tPcv.png

The road to MLV commences!!!

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh, right. I've seen that. It *might* be doable, actually?

I was just looking at that the other day. The fairings had a wider angle on them(22 degrees vs the original 15) and the 4 outer engines were farther apart(420" vs 396"  center to center) to fit the extra center engine and those were on 154" centers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11LQDF5lF8ZvM4yuXpqyn7M6yg1KoyvED/view?usp=sharing Page 22 of the document/page 34 of the PDF file

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Since I know what you're on about - the artwork with the airbrakes depicts a full S-1C, not an S-1D's engine pack.

fzUslWd.png

completely true.   But I figure the D needs it too so therefore anything without air-brakes is not an S-ID :D:P

1 hour ago, birdog357 said:

I was just looking at that the other day. The fairings had a wider angle on them(22 degrees vs the original 15) and the 4 outer engines were farther apart(420" vs 396"  center to center) to fit the extra center engine and those were on 154" centers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11LQDF5lF8ZvM4yuXpqyn7M6yg1KoyvED/view?usp=sharing Page 22 of the document/page 34 of the PDF file

Funny how you posted that about the same time I PMed Cobalt with a document with the dimensions (But no drawing)

:D

On 10/5/2021 at 5:02 AM, ColdJ said:

I got the Hunam, but not that it was from a video game.

I personally go with "Pobody's Nerfect" :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/358920/Star_Control_I_and_II/

The game that got me interested in Space.   Star Control II.  One of the alien races keeps calling you it's "Squishy friend the Hunam"    And the game is still fun almost 35 years latter!

5 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

The connection ports (geometry only) on the base of the S-IC engine mount have swapped sides now, such that the dual ports side is now facing south, and the single ported side faces north, which is opposite from the MLP attach nodes for the tail service masts. Mentioning in case this was unintended, as it's a change from previous builds.

10 hours ago, Naeth Kerman said:

The 6x S-1C mount would have four F-1s on the outside (like regular Saturn) but have two F-1s in the middle instead of one (not sure if this is true, but if I remember correctly, it is)

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh, right. I've seen that. It *might* be doable, actually?

2 hours ago, birdog357 said:

47 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Funny how you posted that about the same time I PMed Cobalt with a document with the dimensions (But no drawing)

Yeah I think it's doable with a minimum amount of pain

esq86yF.png

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Don't forget Goodyear's proposal for transporting the stages cross country...

6PJtSwz.png

Length extensions for the S-1C, and a lil goodie in there for ya. I'll get to S-II and the 7x mount (maybe others) soon.

lcO5lra.png

sP0tPcv.png

What's about "shortened" S-1C? Like one on some C-4 proposal

6 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Z7C07lj.png

Okay, out of curiosity, is this how much panel is supposed to be missing? 

Because shouldn't it look like this?

The B9 toggle is for the part of the shield that remained attached under the surviving right side solar panel. For a historical recreation, you keep it on, and jettison the shielding during launch.

Press the shielding button to toggle the jettisonable part in the VAB.

3 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

the power module? ;) 
Shuttle-skylab-diagram-small.png

Yup thats planned. Along with EOSS and the shorter ATM "core" to make an LM ATM that will fit in the SLA.

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/1059

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

esq86yF.png

I have already asked if the F1 engine will also be rebuilt.

now i have seen this engine in this post.

the lower one has been with me since I have BDB.

What do I have to do so that I have the right one? And that also applies to the J2 engine.

Screenshot-1.png

2 hours ago, msp307 said:

What do I have to do so that I have the right one? And that also applies to the J2 engine.

Screenshot-1.png

it seems to me atleast that the models of F1 and F1B merged into the engine you show here, I would recommend you to check if the dependencies of BDB are up to date

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

esq86yF.png

Wow! That so violates the “rockets are not Lego’s” mantra on the NASASpaceflight.com forums. Let the tarring and feathering begin!! LOL

32 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

it seems to me atleast that the models of F1 and F1B merged into the engine you show here, I would recommend you to check if the dependencies of BDB are up to date

Thanks for the answer. The dependencies are all available and also current.

3 hours ago, msp307 said:

This is the result of a bad install. Probably b9partswitch is missing or out of date or you have some other patch interfering with it. The picture shows the F1 and F1B being mixed together.

3 minutes ago, msp307 said:
Thanks for the answer. The dependencies are all available and also current.

if everything is up to date then you need to post your modulemanager.configcache file from the gamedata folder