[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Nothing since that pic. I'm planning on holding on to that for the next dev cycle once the 'basic' (idk if that is the right word at this point...) Saturn stuff is released.

Will that be including the other variants of the Lunar Module Derivatives?  

17 minutes ago, MrStayPuft said:

Will that be including the other variants of the Lunar Module Derivatives?  

I'm not sure what's going to be included. I need to collect what I can about the AAP lunar missions and try to get a true understanding of what they were looking into. I know we'll have the LM-Truck and LM-Taxi. Not sure about the LM-Shelter, I might try and push players more towards the Early Lunar Shelter (the one from your original quote) or other later habs.

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I might try and push players more towards the Early Lunar Shelter (the one from your original quote) or other later habs.

I like the Lunar Shelter from the Ocean of Storms ATL, which is just a LEM with the ascent engine removed and more supplies packed in.

3 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I like the Lunar Shelter from the Ocean of Storms ATL, which is just a LEM with the ascent engine removed and more supplies packed in.

I know that ATL, i am waiting for it´s next part. And i know that Shelter. It´s so simple, i think it could be done with 1 or 2 Part Switches.... to kill the engine-mount and staging, and upgrade the capacity for freight and / or Life Support.

And yes: I know: Kerbalism-support has to be delivered by them. But it´s possible that i will (again) try to write some simple configs after the major update has been released. I have tried that a while ago, but only managed to crap the fuel and EC-capacity´s. I haven´t found out how i can prevent that i a patch. But i likely look into that again after the update... expecially because i am interested in bringing the Aardvarks into full use in their "basic" form, without bolting on Life support cannisters and/ or send special ships up there to restock Spacelab.

1 hour ago, TaintedLion said:

I’m not sure how that would be that much different then the LM taxi

1 hour ago, TaintedLion said:

this one might be pretty easy to do, just 1. a part switch for the LM ascent stage that puts the node lower so it fits ontop of the 2nd stage decouplers without needing the ascent stage and 2. a part switch that gives it some extra supplies (idk if it's fuel or science or smth. else)

1 hour ago, JoeSheridan said:

I know that ATL, i am waiting for it´s next part. And i know that Shelter. It´s so simple, i think it could be done with 1 or 2 Part Switches.... to kill the engine-mount and staging, and upgrade the capacity for freight and / or Life Support.

27 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

I’m not sure how that would be that much different then the LM taxi

22 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

this one might be pretty easy to do, just 1. a part switch for the LM ascent stage that puts the node lower so it fits ontop of the 2nd stage decouplers without needing the ascent stage and 2. a part switch that gives it some extra supplies (idk if it's fuel or science or smth. else)

LM Shelter is a bit more complex than that. The main ascent tanks would also have been removed (so the big bulges on each side), a lot of them show some form of airlock on the "porch", etc.

LM Taxi is a LM that is capable of taking down 3 crew and then staying dormant for however long they're doing their ground mission.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

LM Shelter is a bit more complex than that. The main ascent tanks would also have been removed (so the big bulges on each side), a lot of them show some form of airlock on the "porch", etc.

LM Taxi is a LM that is capable of taking down 3 crew and then staying dormant for however long they're doing their ground mission.

there's also the proposed LESS, which should honestly if ever implemented should have its part names translated into Swedish (y'know, since it's flat packed and all that)

There is no mention of the S-4 in this edition. This is the 64-65 edition. It does have both the MA-2 (LR105-NA-3, LR89-NA-3, LR101 package) and MA-3(LR105-NA-5 etc) there's a notational MA-5 which is the standard Atlas SLV version of the MA-2 package. I can get some scans possibly tomorrow or later in the week.

@Pappystein

Edited by birdog357
Added callout to Pappystein

As a spur of the moment thing, I decided to quickly do Beacon Explorer (Explorer S66, Explorer 22, Explorer 27) as it only required one part, as its bus and solar panels are just Transit 5's. 

screenshot1513.png
screenshot1517.png
screenshot1518.png
screenshot1522.png
screenshot1523.png

Based on this guy:

be-c__explorer-27__1.jpg

Still figuring out what experiment to give it. 

Edited by Invaderchaos

1 hour ago, birdog357 said:

There is no mention of the S-4 in this edition. This is the 64-65 edition. It does have both the MA-2 (LR105-NA-3, LR89-NA-3, LR101 package) and MA-3(LR105-NA-5 etc) there's a notational MA-5 which is the standard Atlas SLV version of the MA-2 package. I can get some scans possibly tomorrow or later in the week.

@Pappystein

Hmm.  Love with sources cite X Y or Z and then when you get X Y or Z nothing is there....

any info on Titan?    The Rocketdyne S-4 was the 2nd stage engine for Titan I as an alternative to the LR91 (E-1 first stage S-4 2nd stage)

Edited by Pappystein

4 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Hmm.  Love with sources cite X Y or Z and then when you get X Y or Z nothing is there....

any info on Titan?    The Rocketdyne S-4 was the 2nd stage engine for Titan I as an alternative to the LR91 (E-1 first stage S-4 2nd stage)

There is Titan stuff. I'll look into that. The cite may be the 63-64 edition. I can try to get ahold of that one next.