[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

As a spur of the moment thing, I decided to quickly do Beacon Explorer (Explorer S66, Explorer 22, Explorer 27) as it only required one part, as its bus and solar panels are just Transit 5's. 

screenshot1513.png
screenshot1517.png
screenshot1518.png
screenshot1522.png
screenshot1523.png

Based on this guy:

be-c__explorer-27__1.jpg

Still figuring out what experiment to give it. 

nice! I remember looking at that one and saying ''wait, aren't those panels from transit 5?''

11 hours ago, Zorg said:

Added 5m to 4.25m and 6.25m to 5m

Now there will be a size 4.25 ???? !!!
It is interesting. This will be the second stage of my "Vulcan-Energy"
One delicate question remains: when is the release expected?
I am interested not because "Faster would be !!!!", but whether it is worth waiting or starting to use the beta from the git.

1 hour ago, Cochies said:

Now there will be a size 4.25 ???? !!!
It is interesting. This will be the second stage of my "Vulcan-Energy"
One delicate question remains: when is the release expected?
I am interested not because "Faster would be !!!!", but whether it is worth waiting or starting to use the beta from the git.

The new Saturn I first stage and S4B are at 4.25m and the S1C and SII are 6.25m now. As for the beta, we have a special Saturn development branch on github, it might still be a 2-3 months or more possibly till release so you could use it if you want it now. But just keep in mind while things are mostly functional, bugs are to be expected so use at your own risk.

Edited by Zorg

11 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Hmm.  Love with sources cite X Y or Z and then when you get X Y or Z nothing is there....

any info on Titan?    The Rocketdyne S-4 was the 2nd stage engine for Titan I as an alternative to the LR91 (E-1 first stage S-4 2nd stage)

It only lists Titan as built. Keep in mind this is only a catalog of in-service equipment or equipment that is ordered and will soon be in-service. After I have scanned all pertinent info and returned it, I'll request the 63-64 edition. We might find the info there. Could you go back to your original source and see if they have anymore to add? The index does show a reference to the S-3D on page 517 of the 61-62 edition. 

I restarted my career save a while ago and was able to add this and MLP to my already long list of mods and I gotta say, I am absolutely blown away. It adds so much depth to the early-mid game. The parts are extremely high quality. You guys put so much amazing effort and love into this, it really shows, and I'm extremely impressed. Keep up the great work!

1 hour ago, MrStayPuft said:

any thoughts on making a lunar rover chassis that would fit in the LM?

Somebody did just that a few forum pages back, using existing parts to make a fold-up rover that fit into the LM descent stage. I don't know how to search to find it for you, though.

1 hour ago, MrStayPuft said:

any thoughts on making a lunar rover chassis that would fit in the LM?

14 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

If I recall correctly, the answer was a resounding “probably not”

I'm certainly not interested in how much of a PITA that would be. I'll let someone else do it eventually :P

1 hour ago, derega16 said:

Will it have more cargo configuration than the old one? Like NFT stuff like enrich uranium

Also, nice to see aardvark logo is still there

I honestly am not sure. We'd appreciate some user compatibility configs for what they need. Really you'd need something like... Modular Fuel Tanks so you could "manifest" it (that's probably not the right word but)

56 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

I restarted my career save a while ago and was able to add this and MLP to my already long list of mods and I gotta say, I am absolutely blown away. It adds so much depth to the early-mid game. The parts are extremely high quality. You guys put so much amazing effort and love into this, it really shows, and I'm extremely impressed. Keep up the great work!

Glad you're enjoying it!! :)

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

Looking great. Really looking forward to getting the HG Antenna. 

Yeah. I think I'll try and add some form of omni antenna for it too, which I guess would be shared with the little one needed for the "Orbital Dormancy" CSM posted on the last page.

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I honestly am not sure. We'd appreciate some user compatibility configs for what they need. Really you'd need something like... Modular Fuel Tanks so you could "manifest" it (that's probably not the right word but)

So as you know, there's the Special Delivery mod.

@JadeOfMaar created patches for that mod that use B9PS to allow the tank part to carry various resources.

Maybe there's something there that could be used for AARDV.

Edited by jefferyharrell

12 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

What about the twin-pole sunshade that was delivered on Skylab 3?

ch7

The marshall sail was already on board Skylab 2 but was only deployed by Skylab 3. Um about making it, I did consider it a bit. Not sure I may look at it in the future but it needs to be EVA attached. I guess with stock construction this might be feasible. 

Making no promises but lets call it a maybe for a future update.