[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

What you had there looked pretty good already, don't think unique assets are worth it. I second the 'all three's' because it seems like a waste to mock up all three and then just toss two.

This may have already been answered, but what do supply craft do gameplay wise? Would we need life support or EPL to make use of them?

They would mostly be for either life support or KIS inventory space. They could have extra EC or mono or something and have MM configs to reduce the extra supplies incrementally as other functions are added to the modules.

1 hour ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

The reason why I think Cargo Gemini would have down mass is that the SM would already have space and linkages for Geminis heat shield and could reasonably fit one. That is if it were a bit shorter on the cylinder section. It also gives it more of a reason to be used side by side with Cargo Agena. The only real down-mass capable craft for ISS right now is the dragon capsule. As for model/textures they can probably be very similar, I'm thinking that KSA gave very tight requirements for the proposals and so all three company's came up with the same or very similar solutions.

Edit: Also of interest is the proposed Cygnus RCM (Return Cargo Module)

They'd likely all have similar textures, yeah, but there will be some variation I think. I quickly sketched out another possible profile for it. I think the new one belies the pods origins a bit, if only from the general shape. I'm not in love with it but I don't hate it either. I think with some experimenting it could be cool.

vX322ht.png

26 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Are we supposed to install the McDonnell folder that comes with the master from the github repo?

@DiscoSlelge Is correct. It is the TRAILS mod from @Beale, plus some tweaked textures, an added part (aerodynamic cap for the docking port) and likely some balance tweaks in the future.

Oh, also, @DiscoSlelge I got the Malhena SM tank mostly done yesterday.

Nhs0YiB.png

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

They'd likely all have similar textures, yeah, but there will be some variation I think. I quickly sketched out another possible profile for it. I think the new one belies the pods origins a bit, if only from the general shape. I'm not in love with it but I don't hate it either. I think with some experimenting it could be cool.

vX322ht.png

The rounded top is not really doing it for me... I might try and do some sketches and run them past you.

4 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Excellent ! Pretty neat can, it will make the old Karrot pod great :D

The what pod? :sticktongue:

4 hours ago, davidy12 said:

What is the Malhena based off of? Don't recall a Gemini having this.

Nothing really. It's just another set of service module parts for the Gemini capsule. I wanted a non-standard Gemini.

1 minute ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

The rounded top is not really doing it for me... I might try and do some sketches and run them past you.

Do it! I'd love to see them. :) I'm starting to think closer to the difference between Soyuz and Progress, in that you can tell it's basically a Gemini capsule but without people stuff.

6 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

The...uh.... old two seats pod :P(don't remember the name)

Never heard of it.

EDIT:

Update on 1.1 compatibility

Everyone, please let me know if you have any additional bugs or balance issues with the current dev release of the mod. Major bonus points if you log the issue on Github for me. :)

So we're all on the same page, I'll say it again: The MOS parts will not be in this update. They are not polished yet. However, there are other things that are being added, specifically Gemini and the remaining Agena parts.

I can stream tonight, starting a little later than usual (some time after 6 PM EST) but the major focus would be getting boring stuff like tags taken care of. If you want to show up and chill be my guest I suppose. It'll probably devolve into clowning around.

Also, if anyone wants to take another whack at it, I'd love to see another attempt at a BDB PP textures pack similar to what @hraban did for Tantares. Don't even need to make your own textures, just chop up BDB ones.

Edited by CobaltWolf

11 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Excuse me, but I never bothered to ask: Where's the latest release? 

The latest release, at least as I can see, is BDB 0.10-RC1.

Where do you go get newer versions?

I, uh. That is strange. For some reason the test release of the last update is appearing above the actual current release. In any case, here is the page for releases, and here is the latest release. There is no official 1.1 support yet, so you'll have to get the updated version of DMagic and deal with the odd bug here or there.

Hey everyone! Looking to stream starting around 7 PM EST on my Twitch channel. Like I said, going to be a pretty quiet stream - trying to get stuff sorted for release. No, it is not happening tonight.

EDIT: Since it'll be a pretty low energy stream, Bob will likely be included.

In the mean time, here's a web page for you to read about the Lunar Module mockup that sits at my workplace.

Edited by CobaltWolf

First of all, BIG thanks for your hard work, using this mod I was able to recreate the whole Apollo program, including Mercury, Gemini and Skylab. Yes FASA covers most of the parts but I'm not a big fan of the photo-realistic style. Just install this pack plus Tantares (and recently Habtech) = best stockalike experience on KSP!

Are you planing some Apollo stuff? I'm using KerbonTech Apollo capsule + Fasa SM + FASA LM + KW Rocketry for Saturn V and  Apollo CSM, also Real Scale Boosters for Saturn IB. Also some Apollo program probes, like Surveyor and lunar orbiter (I've used one of the antennas and the camera in this pack for LO) aaand ... I can be here all day hahaha! Sorry, because of the quality is easy to have wild dreams!

Thanks again

7 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

First of all, BIG thanks for your hard work, using this mod I was able to recreate the whole Apollo program, including Mercury, Gemini and Skylab. Yes FASA covers most of the parts but I'm not a big fan of the photo-realistic style. Just install this pack plus Tantares (and recently Habtech) = best stockalike experience on KSP!

Are you planing some Apollo stuff? I'm using KerbonTech Apollo capsule + Fasa SM + FASA LM + KW Rocketry for Saturn V and  Apollo CSM, also Real Scale Boosters for Saturn IB. Also some Apollo program probes, like Surveyor and lunar orbiter (I've used one of the antennas and the camera in this pack for LO) aaand ... I can be here all day hahaha! Sorry, because of the quality is easy to have wild dreams!

Thanks again

I'm glad you like it! But uh... We don't talk about A****o... 

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I, uh. That is strange. For some reason the test release of the last update is appearing above the actual current release. In any case, here is the page for releases, and here is the latest release. There is no official 1.1 support yet, so you'll have to get the updated version of DMagic and deal with the odd bug here or there.

if we have dmagic installed already do we need the one you include typically?