[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah, I've tried my best to spread them out. I wanted to get basic 1.1 compatibility rolled out. Next release will hopefully be divided into different packs, I currently have a list of 10 (!) for the mod to be divided into.

TEN PACKS!!!

Okay Cobalt why not wait till your finished with the ENTIRE project? Also, by the looks of the roadmap, your not even close to be done with 0.11. 

Just now, davidy12 said:

TEN PACKS!!!

Okay Cobalt why not wait till your finished with the ENTIRE project? Also, by the looks of the roadmap, your not even close to be done with 0.11. 

Eh the roadmap isn't terribly organized at the moment (Are you the anonymous monkey on there now?). And at any rate, once I divide up the packs I don't have to worry about them unless the game updates or I add new things, right?

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Eh the roadmap isn't terribly organized at the moment (Are you the anonymous monkey on there now?). And at any rate, once I divide up the packs I don't have to worry about them unless the game updates or I add new things, right?

I believe so. :D

I guess you're right, but still, its a long way till everything is finished. 

EDIT: Also, @CobaltWolf: in the Europa project. Will their be a Europa 5 from ETS?

Edited by davidy12

4 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

I believe so. :D

I guess you're right, but still, its a long way till everything is finished. 

EDIT: Also, @CobaltWolf: in the Europa project. Will their be a Europa 5 from ETS?

Yeah. I am still getting the interim release out with what I have so far but... yeah. Just gotta keep working at it. :) I am feeling a little antsy, I feel like I might start bouncing around, pulling stuff from the 0.12 update for example (The centaur parts make my eyes bleed, they haven't been touched since I originally made them). In the end it'll all get done.

The Europa parts are my and @VenomousRequiem's counterpart to @Beale's TRAILS, and will have a similar release. Ie standalone, and I encourage / want Beale to include them TantaresLV once they're done. They were simply offered as a way to repay him after he started making TRAILS for BDB. The Europa V is a bit outside the scope of the project. The Europa 2HE parts were only thrown in because the engines are also used on Ariane 1-4, and I totally want to maneuver him into adding that rocket to the game. At any rate, do you really want to delay S****n more?

14 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

It kinda seems like the mod won't be spread to different packs (like i think you mean) for a good minute, and yes, the tech tree is as spread out and balanced as possible. Cobalt only ever plays in career. :P

I agree that the progression is really good. Maybe one or two parts could still get shifted around the tech tree, but it feels pretty good right now. Also Cobalt isn't the only one who plays career, unless I'm testing something in Sandbox I only play career. I've launched the Vanguard, Redstone, and Thor way too many times now compared to the other rockets in this pack (because I keep having to start a new career, not your guys fault). In any case I look forward to everything planned. I'll try out the new dev build, but I am liking the MOL parts a lot and don't want to break my current save.

3 minutes ago, OTmikhail said:

I agree that the progression is really good. Maybe one or two parts could still get shifted around the tech tree, but it feels pretty good right now. Also Cobalt isn't the only one who plays career, unless I'm testing something in Sandbox I only play career. I've launched the Vanguard, Redstone, and Thor way too many times now compared to the other rockets in this pack (because I keep having to start a new career, not your guys fault). In any case I look forward to everything planned. I'll try out the new dev build, but I am liking the MOL parts a lot and don't want to break my current save.

Back up your save first maybe? I more need people to see if there are any stupid bugs.

Fun fact: Because the release binaries are made separately from the Github repo and uploaded when I push a release, the source code for this update still has the MOL parts in it. ^.^

Okay I've never backed up a save before. I was just going to create a new Sandbox or something to test the parts, a lot of my issues were fixed with the 4-23-16 release. All of the antenna's work now with RemoteTech compatibility, science def's working perfectly, got module manager and with the new engine balances I am still flying just fine, I need to try an Atlas launch without any sepatron's on the booster fairing and see if it gets stuck (seems to me it would get stuck IF you were at a steep angle, and anything between zero and 45 degrees is fine, but anything between 45 and 90 would get stuck on the sustainer engine, thus I always include sepatrons so I don't have to worry about it).

What has changed in this update? Just added tags? Anything else we should be looking for?

7 minutes ago, OTmikhail said:

Okay I've never backed up a save before. I was just going to create a new Sandbox or something to test the parts, a lot of my issues were fixed with the 4-23-16 release. All of the antenna's work now with RemoteTech compatibility, science def's working perfectly, got module manager and with the new engine balances I am still flying just fine, I need to try an Atlas launch without any sepatron's on the booster fairing and see if it gets stuck (seems to me it would get stuck IF you were at a steep angle, and anything between zero and 45 degrees is fine, but anything between 45 and 90 would get stuck on the sustainer engine, thus I always include sepatrons so I don't have to worry about it).

What has changed in this update? Just added tags? Anything else we should be looking for?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh yeah tags, I don't remember what else. I know that everything should be generally 'working', but if people have complaints or issues that I haven't caught I'd like to know.

The Atlas booster fairing has been working correctly since right after 1.1's release. It was the first thing I caught and fixed. :P People just keep downloading the version for 1.0.5 and catching the bug. All things considered I'd rather have people report issues even though I've already fixed them, rather than not say anything.

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah, I've tried my best to spread them out. I wanted to get basic 1.1 compatibility rolled out. Next release will hopefully be divided into different packs, I currently have a list of 10 (!) for the mod to be divided into.

10 downloads, or 10 removable folders?

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

All things considered I'd rather have people report issues even though I've already fixed them, rather than not say anything.

Yeah I have to ask a question on probes, to everyone, I used to cut off electrical power from probe core somtimes to be sure keep enough electrical power, then I turn it on again, but now with bdb probes, when I turn off electrical power it can be turn on again... So I don't know if it's a bug or if now it's normal but... I'm lost.. :huh:

15 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

10 downloads, or 10 removable folders?

The first one. They're already in removable folders but that's apparently too much. :P That is just for the parts I have laid out right now.

I think the first thing I'm going to want to do tonight might be a quick detour over to make some SOLTAN boosters for the Titan. These are the solids that eventually became the 5 segment Titan solids that we all know and love. I was just looking at them in this thread and, well, they'd be pretty quick to take care of, since I could cannibalize the existing boosters (including the USRMs) for segments and rescale them. They'd be available in two flavors (stack and radial), like the rest of the Titan SRBs, and they would functionally be a longer Castor 120. 

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

The first one. They're already in removable folders but that's apparently too much. :P That is just for the parts I have laid out right now.

I think the first thing I'm going to want to do tonight might be a quick detour over to make some SOLTAN boosters for the Titan. These are the solids that eventually became the 5 segment Titan solids that we all know and love. I was just looking at them in this thread and, well, they'd be pretty quick to take care of, since I could cannibalize the existing boosters (including the USRMs) for segments and rescale them. They'd be available in two flavors (stack and radial), like the rest of the Titan SRBs, and they would functionally be a longer Castor 120. 

Does that mean I have to download 10 individual things because it's too hard to delete folders?

27 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Yeah I have to ask a question on probes, to everyone, I used to cut off electrical power from probe core somtimes to be sure keep enough electrical power, then I turn it on again, but now with bdb probes, when I turn off electrical power it can be turn on again... So I don't know if it's a bug or if now it's normal but... I'm lost.. :huh:

I think in 1.1 if your probe has no power at all you can't do anything, including turning on backup power

Just now, akron said:

I think in 1.1 if your probe has no power at all you can't do anything, including turning on backup power

Oh so it's something about 1.1... but I even if I have power enought ? For example I was orbiting kerbin and waiting for munar translation, my probe had 60 units of power, I turn off power, and the I wasn't able to turn it on :huh:

1 minute ago, OTmikhail said:

Oh man. Squad just put out version 1.1.1 with a lot of bug fixes. Good opportunity to see if latest BDB dev build works with this........and every other mod I use...

Yeah I saw that.

I'll try and start in like 30 minutes guys! I am currently drenched in sweat and need a quick shower. :P

6 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Oh so it's something about 1.1... but I even if I have power enought ? For example I was orbiting kerbin and waiting for munar translation, my probe had 60 units of power, I turn off power, and the I wasn't able to turn it on :huh:

Yup, you used to be able to do this to kind of pretend you put your probe to sleep. I did. Now there's a mod for that though:

Dead horse beater here, but I just looked at the merge, and...something seems off. the balance changes to some of the rockets seems baffling. I know you values (scaled) realism here, but the changes seem to cripple designs that people have made. rocket engines mostly get lighter, which is a good thing, but some rocket Isps have been severely nerfed (Atlas II is even harder with the parts we have now). I also looked through and found some other things looking at the configs.(who would search for the 'Rousette' parts as 'baguette?' I would, now that that I know, but who else? the other tags make sense, but... what?)

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

3 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Dead horse beater here, but I just looked at the merge, and...something seems off. the balance changes to some of the rockets seems baffling. I know you values (scaled) realism here, but the changes seem to cripple designs that people have made. rocket engines mostly get lighter, which is a good thing, but some rocket Isps have been severely nerfed (Atlas II is even harder with the parts we have now). I also looked through and found some other things looking at the configs.(who would search for the 'Rousette' parts as 'baguette?' I would, now that that I know, but who else? the other tags make sense, but... what?)

Very generally speaking, parts got nerfed. Not going to beat around the bush. A lot of compromises are getting made to make sure that the BDB parts don't massively outstrip the performance of stock parts. Atlas II is not officially buildable in the mod right now. I don't have a straightforward answer for you right now. Obviously you can edit the stats on your end to match your desired performance until a more permanent solution is achieved.

At any rate, upgrading from BDB 0.10 > 0.10.5 already breaks saves for a number of reasons. One of the aspects of the update is that it cleans up many of the legacy parts from when I first started modding, replacing them with better versions.

Additionally, observant viewers will note that upper stages went pretty much untouched for now. So there may be buffs in that department.

As for baguette, well, you had to have been there when I originally made the parts. @DiscoSlelge may be able to explain more.

Also, slightly unrelated, but I constantly forget that the Atlas V parts are even in this mod. I feel super clever for this description:

BDB's entry into the arena of heavy lift engines, the Muo-2207 employs two thrusters instead of one, giving it more power and control. When smaller rockets see it, they do a 180 and walk away.

I feel like BDB is meant to replace stock from my prospective, I don't use stock parts for the main stacks of rockets, I only use BDB, since it ranges across a large variety of launcher sizes. Need a small satellite? How about a Fenris Able? Want to get a rover to Duna? How about a Muo V with 5 SRBs or a Prometheus IV.

26 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

(who would search for the 'Rousette' parts as 'baguette?' I would, now that that I know, but who else? the other tags make sense, but... what?)

6 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

As for baguette, well, you had to have been there when I originally made the parts. @DiscoSlelge may be able to explain more.

Is that enough explanation ? (because it's fun because it's a french rocket ?)

1461957329-p39871-hd.jpg