[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

42 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I see you've caught the Lunar Orbiter antenna, but I also added a dish in the soon-to-be-released update. The propulsion module is also in the mod but it's fairly old and needs to be redone. I've had ideas for a lunar orbiter probe core for a while now, basically a probe core with a truss on top of it. It'd have room for the mid-tier camera as well as other experiments mounted on it. And at that point all you'd need would be the solar panels. Might as well do those too. I am technically supposed to be splitting my time between probes and the station parts, but the MOL project has sort of spun out of control :P I'll get around to them eventually haha.

What version of the mod are you using? The Agena is 1.25m, the last stable release for 1.0.5 rescaled it to a more accurate 0.9375m. Your Atlas also should have one of the medium length tanks on top of the main one, that makes the proportions more correct for the first stage and will compensate for the Agena being smaller. Overall though that is an AWESOME recreation, thanks for sharing!

Thanks!!

I've re-scaled Agena again  to 1.25m because the LO payload ended being 1.25m also , too big for 0.9375m, next time I'll be doing it 0.625 and I'll add that medium tank as well, thanks for the tip!

For the LO core you may re-use the "Pog" (Venera) without the antenna. The panels must fold up with the solar cells facing down, I'm using the AIES SON-D1 but because they fold the other way I've used IR rotatrons.

Danger Will Robinson! I just spent the last few minutes puzzled as to why I had no science experiments in my new career save. There's a duplicate experiment config in the resources on github, and it made KSP make a very rude statement to me, lets say. Just a friendly heads up to other testers if they find they can't science either.

44 minutes ago, komodo said:

Danger Will Robinson! I just spent the last few minutes puzzled as to why I had no science experiments in my new career save. There's a duplicate experiment config in the resources on github, and it made KSP make a very rude statement to me, lets say. Just a friendly heads up to other testers if they find they can't science either.

Oh yeah I don't think I've made a commit since then... Bear with me one moment.

EDIT: Should be fixed...?

Edited by CobaltWolf

I love the parts, but having this installed makes the game crash in the VAB when messing around with the Mercury-type pod. No crash log, just a straight CTD. Took BDB out, and game is stable again. Not saying that it is entirely BDB's fault, but some mixture of mods is causing it.

1 hour ago, NotAgain said:

I seem to have found a bug. This appears to be the fairing animating during assembly, over and over again.

I had that happen to me the other night when testing some mod parts. Not sure what's causing it. I remember a similar issue from back when the 1.1 pre-release started.

2 minutes ago, Bloodbunny said:

I love the parts, but having this installed makes the game crash in the VAB when messing around with the Mercury-type pod. No crash log, just a straight CTD. Took BDB out, and game is stable again. Not saying that it is entirely BDB's fault, but some mixture of mods is causing it.

Interesting. Only with the Mercury pod? What happens if you delete the Mercury folder from Bluedog_DB/Parts/ ?

52 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I had that happen to me the other night when testing some mod parts. Not sure what's causing it. I remember a similar issue from back when the 1.1 pre-release started.

It also appears to be stopping me from launching. Mods concerned are Hullcam, FASA launch towers, RemoteTech (all appear to be working and have worked before in situations like this) and BDB. I'm pretty convinced that it's something to do with the fairing, as it's the only thing visually bugging out and I've used BDB parts in other launches in this save (mainly decouplers).

3 minutes ago, kadavi1202 said:

My issue is with BDB installed, all the science options vanish in career mode.  No crew reports, EVA's or goo canister buttons.   Removed the mod and it went back to normal.  Maybe a 1.1.2 issue?

Can I have your log files, along with what build of KSP exactly you're running (lower right corner of the main menu), what build of BDB you're on (preferably a link to the exact download or something), whether you're in 32bit or 64bit, and a list of what other mods you're running. Same goes for @NotAgain and @Bloodbunny.

@kadavi1202 also, if you want to be awesome and do a couple experiments for me. Does it still happen if you delete Bluedog_DB/Resources? What about Bluedog_DB/Compatiblity?

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can I have your log files, along with what build of KSP exactly you're running (lower right corner of the main menu), what build of BDB you're on (preferably a link to the exact download or something), whether you're in 32bit or 64bit, and a list of what other mods you're running.

There was no crash for me, so I can't supply you with crash logs, but I'm running 1.1.0. in 64 bit and I'm using:

CactEye, Community Resource Pack, Community Tech Tree, DangIt, DMagic Orbital Science and Science Animate, Engine Light, Entropy, EVE, Eve biomes plus, FASA launch clamps, Firespitter plugin, HGR and HGR Redux, Hullcam, Interstellar Fuel Switch, K2 Command Pod, KAS, Kerbin's Age of Pioneers, KAX, Kerbal Construction Time, KER, Kerbal Foundries, KJR, Kerbal Konstructs, KerBalloons, Kerbinside, KIS, Kopernicus, TRAILS, MKerb, Module Animate Emissive, Module RCSFX, NanoKube, Near Future Propulsion, Electrical and Solar, Final Frontier, Ninja Tech, NovaPunch, OPM, Q Orbital Systems, RealPlume and RP Stock Configs, Regolith, RemoteTech, RLA Stockalike, Scatterer, Sigma Binary, SmokeScreen, SpaceY Lifters, SSR Microsat, Station Science, Stock Clamshell fairings, SEP, Surface Lights, SXT, Taerobee, Tantares and Tantares LV, Trans-Keptunian, Soylent, all the USI mods, Kinetic Penetrator, Ven's Stock Revamp, and Xen's Planet packs (all 5).

38 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

*a ton of mods*

Kill me.

I'll be streaming some more work tonight, starting some time between 6 and 7 PM Eastern. Going to get some more MOS stuff made I suppose. Not even going to bother saying what since I know I won't get to it. :P

14 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

@CobaltWolf @VenomousRequiem Any chance of SpaceX parts in your style?

Negative, Ghostrider. Not for the foreseeable future. I'm generally not looking to add things out of nowhere. However if anyone has requests / suggestions for additions to planned things (ie you planned X but you're missing this really cool part Y that belongs with it, etc) I encourage everyone to post, especially with visual reference, which I really can't model without and can be a pain to find.

Nice of you to drop in by the way. Since you seem to be interested in it, do you know anything about the Atlas II Roll Control System? I've done some digging, and unfortunately I cannot find any images of it. The best I was able to do is narrow it down to the circled objects in the images below. I will probably wind up taking inspiration from the Ares-1 / MX roll control system. 

iAYHBHc.jpg

1001738main_roll_control_500.jpg

Edited by CobaltWolf

@CobaltWolfNope. Haven't the faintest idea. I obsess over the Atlas II because it looks cool. (can you fault people for that, though?)

The design is most likely still being used on the Atlas (assuming the design was a trade secret in the first place, the only reason it's not referenced is that it  is still used), so I would suggest looking at Modern Atlas rockets, or the Encyclopaedia Astronomica if you haven't already.

PS: now that I see those pictures, I would love to have launch towers, much like the FASA towers, but in your style. Maybe some Erectors, à la Titan II? a crawler?  Umbilical like launch clamps? 

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

18 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

The design is most likely still being used on the Atlas (assuming the design was a trade secret in the first place, the only reason it's not referenced is that it  is still used), so I would suggest looking at Modern Atlas rockets, or the Encyclopaedia Astronomica if you haven't already.

Negative, I cannot find anything regarding hydrazine roll control on the Atlas III or V. I already looked on Astronautica and there is nothing there regarding it other than a brief mention.

EDIT: Also why is there no Atlas IV. What the heck. Do I need to make one up? :P 

Edited by CobaltWolf

16 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Negative, I cannot find anything regarding hydrazine roll control on the Atlas III or V. I already looked on Astronautica and there is nothing there regarding it other than a brief mention.

EDIT: Also why is there no Atlas IV. What the heck. Do I need to make one up? :P 

Sure! that's what your SLV-3X could be put under- Muo-IV! 

or maybe that is what happens when you put 3 Atlas II cores together?

Edited by Rory Yammomoto