Jump to content

[1.8.1-1.12] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.8.1 "Мороз" 11/Jul/2021)


CobaltWolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Morphisor said:

With a slightly reduced final stage fuel load, 2 stages to orbit - if barely.

I assume the small amount of monoprop in the new Easton 100 fuel tank (2nd stage) is for the new Easton control module? It's not mounted in this version - doesn't seem to be needed?

My inner autism is struggling to handle the fact that the protruding side structure of the new Eaton fuel tanks is not aligned with the engine :sealed:

The Able upper stages all have integrated RCS for control now. The control module is an avionics core and doesn't contain any RCS.

The raceways are all fairly accurately positioned. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

The Able upper stages all have integrated RCS for control now. The control module is an avionics core and doesn't contain any RCS.

The raceways are all fairly accurately positioned. :)

Then is the avionics module supposed to be included? Right now it does fine without it.

And you mean to tell me the raceway positioned this way is historically correct... Great, no love for autism in the 50's it seems.:confused:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Morphisor said:

Then is the avionics module supposed to be included? Right now it does fine without it.

I mean, on some level it depends on what you are trying to do - historical builds, or just whatever works. Of course it works just fine without the guidance/avionics unit - KSP works that way but real life doesn't. So I made it, if for no other reason than to get the proportions right. :) Here's the historical build courtesy of @Friznit

68547638-b35a9280-03db-11ea-9dcc-193adfd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

re: GATV, in my defense, I didn't expect it to be deprecated for three months without replacement.  :P I've never seen anything about them being used outside GATV other than vague implications that GATV wasn't the only use of them... if you have a link that would be very helpful.

Sadly,  I read that on a now dead website that was talking about aircraft ENLINT/COMINT rolls and why they were important for aircraft to maintain the roles.   I just remember the article talking about a space Based ENLINT program and describing how the satellite would function and why it was not as good/accurate/preceise as Aircraft in this role.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I found a bug with the Upper stage thrust buff config.  It has "bluedog_ablestarEngine|bluedog_ableEngine", which should be "bluedog_ablestar_Engine|bluedog_able_Engine".  Unless ablestarEngine and ableEngine do exist.  If not, don't forget your underscores :P

Also case sensitive. shh, I did not find that out the hard way, I've always known.

Edited by MashAndBangers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

I think I found a bug with the Upper stage thrust buff config.  It has "bluedog_ablestarEngine|bluedog_ableEngine", which should be "bluedog_ablestar_Engine|bluedog_able_Engine".  Unless ablestarEngine and ableEngine do exist.  If not, don't forget your underscores :P

Also case sensitive. shh, I did not find that out the hard way, I've always known.

I presume you're playing with the dev branch? those are references to the old Able/Ablestar engines. The patch has not yet been updated with the new BDB 1.7 engines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

yep, dev branch.  so nothing wrong here, nothing to see, move along!  :P

Patch is updated now with the new engines :)

And now for a ranger Block 2 mission.

Atlas LV-3B Agena B

BQJuaUdh.jpg

7WjgMpoh.jpg

l9Ll3toh.jpg

jMsCoruh.jpg

OEwG9Uwh.jpg

Gl1GNo1h.jpg

Yeah we're still working on how best to bring the rolling under control :P

UYRszIeh.jpg

Simulated images from the TV system

ldtpIQLh.jpg

MMOwAfLh.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out of all of the probe parts that have been revamped/added in this dev cycle, I've always found that the Lunar Orbiter parts were less"lego-able" (simply because of the design of the real-life lunar orbiter) compared to the mariner/ranger parts or even your nimbus parts. That is why recently I have been trying to find more creative uses of the Lunar Orbiter parts, and I'm surprised with a lot of the ideas I was able to come up with. One of my favorite and most recent missions with the Lunar Orbiter parts was an Eeloo flyby mission, where I tried to envision what it would be like if a mission like New Horizons was attempted 40 years earlier. I had a lot of fun trying to put all these parts together!

R1QLA7G.png

OgY6Kh3.png

L2bHugR.png

HjD6sCm.png

KAG5VS9.png

 

More pictures on the imgur album: https://imgur.com/gallery/IFR2sN7

Edited by Invaderchaos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Out of all of the probe parts that have been revamped/added in this dev cycle, I've always found that the Lunar Orbiter parts were less"lego-able" (simply because of the design of the real-life lunar orbiter) compared to the mariner/ranger parts or even your nimbus parts. That is why recently I have been trying to find more creative uses of the Lunar Orbiter parts, and I'm surprised with a lot of the ideas I was able to come up with. One of my favorite and most recent missions with the Lunar Orbiter parts was an Eeloo flyby mission, where I tried to envision what it would be like if a mission like New Horizons was attempted 40 years earlier. I had a lot of fun trying to put all these parts together!

HjD6sCm.png

 

 

More pictures on the imgur album: https://imgur.com/gallery/IFR2sN7

I am definitely stealing this design for later :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello hello... if y'all haven't noticed my life has been busier than normal lately? Thank you to all the lovely people sharing pictures and comments keeping the thread interesting.

Here's some stuff I've been working on... first, a quick extra little adapter part for Atlas-Able as part of the Pioneer P3 parts...

I'm hoping to get the P3 stuff in game tonight, there's a few areas of the textures that still need to be finished.

EMZgHhb.png

It's less of an adapter and more a little cap that extends down to get the shape right...

P3aJdtO.png

 

I've been away from my OGO files all week despite really wanting to get that finished up... but in the meantime, the quick Pioneer 6 revamp is going swimmingly.

d8h6q9K.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Marcelo Silveira said:

Will the new Pioneer 6 be a single part (plus the antennae) or use a probe core and a service module? Because the Pioneer 6 service module is very useful for small relay satellites. 

It will be split up the same way as before, the proportions are just more accurate (it's overall much shorter, slightly wider than it is tall IIRC)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8W24lEy.jpg

"Blast off! The crew of Apollo 7 launches from Pad 39A in Cape Canaveral to begin their 4-day journey to the Moon, to fulfill President John F. Kennedy's promise to send men around Earth's nearest neighbor before the end of his second term. Neil Armstrong and Roger Chaffee crew the Apollo capsule, stacked atop the mighty Hercules rocket, "Von Braun's Barbarian", which will send them on their way."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks to some balance changes courtesy of JSO, Juno IV-B is quite flyable now. Keep in mind that the Jupiter 1st stage tank and the 6K 3rd stage tank are now underfilled. As discussed earlier you are encouraged to adjust the fill depending on the mission. It is also recommended to use the upgraded LR79 NA13 config instead of the S3D.

p59HYcZh.jpg

OZygj4bh.png

Y6xvdcth.jpg

m9VfxEIh.jpg

lBUEvJyh.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...