Jump to content

[1.8.1-1.12] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.8.1 "Мороз" 11/Jul/2021)


CobaltWolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

BDB is incompatible with the very latest version of procedural fairings. We have a fairly complex catch all patch that creates a PF version of each base and we havent managed to update it yet to work with the new PF. This is being worked on in a special feature branch on github but I havent managed to figure it out yet. Hopefully we can get it working by the next BDB update. 

Thanks! Which version of PF do you recommend istead, for now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

BDB is incompatible with the very latest version of procedural fairings. We have a fairly complex catch all patch that creates a PF version of each base and we havent managed to update it yet to work with the new PF. This is being worked on in a special feature branch on github but I havent managed to figure it out yet. Hopefully we can get it working by the next BDB update. 

Maybe @DRVeyl can help? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Maybe @DRVeyl can help? 

I've already been in touch with them and gotten some advice, just havent sorted it out with respect to the specific of our somewhat convoluted patch yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

I've already been in touch with them and gotten some advice, just havent sorted it out with respect to the specific of our somewhat convoluted patch yet.

I think I got it working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From my recreation of Space Station Freedom from Eyes turned Skywards - I present...

Freedom Expedition 1.

Launch

UwbKdNe.pnguHhHI97.pngaME6BN7.pngD67r0rk.pngLWtLxQ0.pngnG15syH.pngvwQWSwv.pngDyjbtb0.png47bDx4i.pngJLZb4Jk.png
 

Docking with Challenger

VDA7VUI.pngkfJz5nl.pngRxh9IyI.png2jnYD3C.pngDShchnF.png

I thought I’d just post this here because I thought it was cool, but also, I was thinking of Starting a Thread to Recreate Freedom.

There used to be one, but after like 2 missions, it kinda stopped. Would you all like to see a thread for it?

If not, I’m going to recreate the whole of ETS (Hopefully) once the Full Saturn Update comes out with all the ETS parts Etc.

P.S. - Sorry for the bad image Quality - I had to upload these from my phone instead of straight from my PC 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I love about this mod is the new alternative history upper stages like the Shuttle/Centaur and Agena-SOT. If you were in charge of NASA, would you have chosen a reusable Agena-SOT as a interim Space Tug or an expendable Centaur as a high energy upper stage for the Space Shuttle? (If there were plans for a reusable Centaur, let me know!)

 

Info for Agena: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/19740024172/downloads/19740024172.pdf

Info for Centaur, or atleast the RL-10: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/20150008246/downloads/20150008246.pdf?attachment=true

Edited by Heliotrope
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Heliotrope said:

One thing I love about this mod is the new alternative history upper stages like the Shuttle/Centaur and Agena-SOT. If you were in charge of NASA, would you have chosen a reusable Agena-SOT as a interim Space Tug or an expendable Centaur as a high energy upper stage for the Space Shuttle? (If there were plans for a reusable Centaur, let me know!)

 

Info for Agena: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/19740024172/downloads/19740024172.pdf

Info for Centaur, or atleast the RL-10: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/20150008246/downloads/20150008246.pdf?attachment=true

Yes there WERE plans for a "Recoverable" Shuttle Centaur.

I do not have much if any documentation but it would have been based on the Centaur then standard D.1x tankage but slightly shortened.   Insulation was no discussed in what I have read but I am going to assume SOFI like the only slightly latter D.2.    the Avionics section would be all new and there would be manipulator arm attachments so the stage could be grabbed and brought back into the cargo bay.  I believe lockdown was by two clevis type "hitches" for and aft.

Incidentally, IIRC this was the Centaur R.1S proposal.   That is Recoverable, version 1, by Space Shuttle (R.1S)    But I could be wrong.  I keep having AR.1 pop in my head as I type this (don't have my docs handy to look this up ATM)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow amazing LEM. I have a quick question about the future of BDB. Will we ever see more rocket come in to BDB some rocket I would like to see are Pegasus, Sea Dragon, Antares, and others? I am just wondering if we will ever see these and more rockets to be added in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AstroMatthew said:

Wow amazing LEM. I have a quick question about the future of BDB. Will we ever see more rocket come in to BDB some rocket I would like to see are Pegasus, Sea Dragon, Antares, and others? I am just wondering if we will ever see these and more rockets to be added in the future.

Devs haven't said anything about Pegasus, think @DylanSemrau has plans for it as a part of one his mods; Cobalt has already said Sea Dragon is not on the cards and will not be considered; and Antares is unlikely, although no-one has said anything definite on the subject. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why does everyone and their mother go so crazy over Sea Dragon these days? Is it just because it was in a mediocre TV show? That abomination is nothing more than a napkin drawing, probably done after midnight in some musty break room in Huntsville, by engineers whose lucidity and sobriety were questionable at best.

 

oh yeah, nice LEM, by the way.

Edited by pTrevTrevs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Why does everyone and their mother go so crazy over Sea Dragon these days? Is it just because it was in a mediocre TV show? That abomination is nothing more than a napkin drawing, probably done after midnight in some musty break room in Huntsville, by engineers whose lucidity and sobriety were questionable at best.

I've never seen that TV show but Sea Dragon made it much further than a napkin drawing. One corporation (Aerojet) submitted several hundred pages of design to NASA, and a 2nd corporation (a division of TRW) vetted the design.

Sea Dragon died off because no one needed to launch that large, that frequently. The economics of Sea Dragon needed at least 120 launches over a 10 year period.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

Devs haven't said anything about Pegasus, think @DylanSemrau has plans for it as a part of one his mods; Cobalt has already said Sea Dragon is not on the cards and will not be considered; and Antares is unlikely, although no-one has said anything definite on the subject. 

I think it was the other way around. I think DS plans to add Antares to his Photon Corp mod, and there hasn’t really been anyone who is doing Pegasus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CobaltWolf 

Have a weird request. I can't get the Blender .mu import tool to work. I was trying to import the antenna models in order to measure the dishes to get an exact, or at least an approximation of their size in order to build RealAntennas configs. RA just needs to know the dish size in meters and does all the math itself.

Do you know or have a listing of how big the dishes are in BDB? I'm updating them as they come up in my current career and right now up to Gemini. I'm trying to find the real world specs but am having no luck for many, especially some of the probe antennas. For example I was looking at all sorts of JPL documentation from the 60's the other day trying to get the exact size of the Ranger antenna and couldn't find it anywhere. 

I can't do anything but guess on balance for the omni's, but dishes might be able to be added pretty quickly given that we know the size to the parabolic dish on each model. 

Edited by thunder175
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...