Jump to content

[1.8.1-1.12] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.8.1 "Мороз" 11/Jul/2021)


CobaltWolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, space_powder said:

Saturn 1C lifting a chonk into LKO as part of a test flight
EDIT: speaking of Saturn 1C, would the singular F-1A engine even need to be insulated? The Saturn V had the F-1's insulated presumably because they were all in close proximity of each other so they got toasty

 

screenshot223.png

Where'd you get the test payload?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Zorg said:

You're using mixed fuel tank types?

The fact that Atlas tanks come in different lengths means you can switch some of them to other fuel types (I'm using Cryotanks for that) so the 1300 adapter tank, and the 4700 tank on the top are filled with Liquid fuel/Oxidizer, while the 9000, 4700, and 2300 tanks in the middle are filled with Liquid Hydrogen/Oxidizer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jcking said:

An Atlas CLEV with an XLR-129 sustainer is surprisingly effective.

cmFQBtI.jpg

2xNQkV7.jpg

Interesting Idea.   

*YOINK*   It is now mine :D

seriously... why did I never think of this when the new engines came along!?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Interesting Idea.   

*YOINK*   It is now mine :D

seriously... why did I never think of this when the new engines came along!?

 

I have the best idea to ever exist

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

warning: it will melt your brain

Spoiler

I'm serious!

Spoiler

ATLAS WETLAB

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2021 at 3:05 PM, Starhelperdude said:

does anyone know a detailed list of the Novas? (not referring to C-8)

 

also, is there a future possiblity that we could get a red transtage?

Big Gemini | Secret Projects Forum

Followup to last nights post.   Not all of the Nova Program final reports were easy to find on the NTRS server.  I did not go looking further than to type the word NOVA in.  and on the right side click the Space Vehicles button.    Given these reports are some of the foundation of NASA I would guess we could find all of them on the NTRS servers if we had a better way to search.

 

If you find the missing ones, please link the numbers back here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

I have the best idea to ever exist

  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

warning: it will melt your brain

  Hide contents

I'm serious!

  Hide contents

ATLAS WETLAB

 

 

 

 

 

atlasmol.png

AvWeekASS.png

There are no new ideas... :) 

 

Edited by Zorg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

That idea is, quite literally, older than NASA.

1235695-27002-62-720.jpg

30756687603_475166bb92_b.jpg

 

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

That idea is, quite literally, older than NASA.

1235695-27002-62-720.jpg

30756687603_475166bb92_b.jpg

I'm starting to think that some people in the american space program smoked aerozine 50/NTO

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

That idea is, quite literally, older than NASA.

1235695-27002-62-720.jpg

30756687603_475166bb92_b.jpg

I'm starting to think that some in the american space program smoked Aerozine 50/NTO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Followup to last nights post.   Not all of the Nova Program final reports were easy to find on the NTRS server.  I did not go looking further than to type the word NOVA in.  and on the right side click the Space Vehicles button.    Given these reports are some of the foundation of NASA I would guess we could find all of them on the NTRS servers if we had a better way to search.

 

If you find the missing ones, please link the numbers back here!

Some of those documents have been purged following Wolfe's decree. this is one of them https://web.archive.org/web/20100519195640/http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19750065864_1975065864.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So when do we get the Atlas Space Shuttle?  Oh I am sorry.  MANNED GLIDERS :D

???? :D  :D:P:D:D

 

5 minutes ago, Jcking said:

Some of those documents have been purged following Wolfe's decree. this is one of them https://web.archive.org/web/20100519195640/http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19750065864_1975065864.pdf

Could you either explain or point to a link explaining the Wolfe's Decree?    I know nothing about it.  But thanks for the link have just Downloaded :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

So when do we get the Atlas Space Shuttle?  Oh I am sorry.  MANNED GLIDERS :D

???? :D  :D:P:D:D

 

Could you either explain or point to a link explaining the Wolfe's Decree?    I know nothing about it.  But thanks for the link have just Downloaded :D

Long story short, around 2012 or so during one of the ITAR scares Congressman Frank Wolfe got NTRS to be shutdown and evaluated for potential ITAR violations. This resulted in the complete remodeling of the site (in the process destroying all links that ended in archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov) and many documents were either moved or removed.

Edited by Jcking
Link to comment
Share on other sites

my (incomplete) titan garden, with historical, conceptual and purely fictional titans

unknown.png

and here all atlasses that I made to this point (including fictional ones)

unknown.png

Edited by Starhelperdude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, EDS_Pilot said:

Trying to download the Apollo Saturn revamp, can anybody help out with that?

If you go onto the GitHub page you’ll see a drop down menu that says master, click this and then you’ll see Apoll Saturn Revamp. Hit that and then download as usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

If you go onto the GitHub page you’ll see a drop down menu that says master, click this and then you’ll see Apoll Saturn Revamp. Hit that and then download as usual.

Or to put it another way:

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/archive/refs/heads/apollo-saturn-revamp.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, jefferyharrell said:

Conspicuous by its absence is the Atlas V Heavy.

yeah, I have atlas 5 and atlas 5 heavy on another save, problem is I don't know on which save I have them xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

yeah, I have atlas 5 and atlas 5 heavy on another save, problem is I don't know on which save I have them xD

The Atlas V 400-series has been the workhorse of my current game. Occasionally I'll need the larger fairing of the 500-series, but rarely. It's mostly been one Atlas V 401 after another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...