Jump to content

[1.8.1-1.12] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.8.1 "Мороз" 11/Jul/2021)


CobaltWolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

As requested:

MLJyfQo.png

wFMiMSN.png

6OeQYmD.png

cjs3Mvp.png

I'm extremely impressed by the detailing on the Saturn I.

N8Vu5iN.png

From here you almost can't tell that this isn't the usual payload.

gYweJd0.png

Uicsklk.png

jzBWdEZ.png

yWhABDi.png

Nme07HE.png

Engine failures not included.

Cl8YzfE.png

Ah yes, my favourite spacecraft, "Apollo".

This was actually surprisingly well-balanced for launching TKS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

@Starhelperdude I take it this spins down before docking?

yeah, I've taken some artistic liberties in the design though, 2 of the lower docking ports are just windows, and I removed most of the external skylab science experiments

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Adam-Kerman said:

curious thought, do think the Block III CM's would have white paint on it for Spacelab Missions?

I asked this question earlier, and it's never discussed in the ETS timeline as far as I'm aware, and none of the fan-made renders show them as such, but I don't think it would be unreasonable. One counterpoint to that however is that the Skylab CSMs were modified from originally short-duration Block II CSMs, so the paint was kinda necessary for thermal control, but the Block III/III+/IV CSMs were built to be taxi vehicles that were designed to stay in orbit for extended periods, so maybe they didn't need the paint? I don't know though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

I asked this question earlier, and it's never discussed in the ETS timeline as far as I'm aware, and none of the fan-made renders show them as such, but I don't think it would be unreasonable. One counterpoint to that however is that the Skylab CSMs were modified from originally short-duration Block II CSMs, so the paint was kinda necessary for thermal control, but the Block III/III+/IV CSMs were built to be taxi vehicles that were designed to stay in orbit for extended periods, so maybe they didn't need the paint? I don't know though.

Wouldn’t them being in orbit for longer than normal mean that paint was necessary 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Wouldn’t them being in orbit for longer than normal mean that paint was necessary 

I mean there's current vessels that don't have the passive thermal control paint. I'm just guessing that the CSMs used for Skylab weren't originally designed to remain docked for long periods of time and the paint was just one of the ways they could cheaply modify them. With Block III it was designed from the ground-up to be a station taxi, so maybe something other than the paint was used, but I don't know, maybe the paint was used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2021 at 3:49 PM, Pappystein said:

HA!  I didn't even notice.   I had issues the previous itteration of the update with ZERO effects.  Now I have no waterfall effects and the Old school partical stuff... will look at fixing that ASAP!

 

naw don't fret over it.  You have the exact edition my source mentions.   

Yet again a source cite that has nothing to do with the source or the cited materials

 

I've been thinking, you say that the S-4 developed into the LR-105 right? The Altas was entering service in 61, that means it's engine was developed before that and any paper engine it was evolved from would have been even earlier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, rockettime03 said:

 

lmao this looks like the s-ivb is about to eat the gemini

I take it you have never seen the old James Bond Movie, You Only Live Twice?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Only_Live_Twice_(film)

That is basically right out of the movie... except it was a Japanese industrialist with Ties to Spectre and not NASA.

 

Ignore the CCCP on some of the shots.  It was subterfuge

 

Edited by Pappystein
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

I take it you have never seen the old James Bond Movie, You Only Live Twice?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Only_Live_Twice_(film)

That is basically right out of the movie... except it was a Japanese industrialist with Ties to Spectre and not NASA.

 

Ignore the CCCP on some of the shots.  It was subterfuge

 

You know for a 60s movie spaceship the design was pretty thoughtful.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saturn Shuttle - With Reusable S1-C!

jcXWKTF.jpgJS6boPk.jpgaa8Ch3h.jpgch7gZZ4.jpgWpSZmn9.jpgKCf5QJE.jpg

Easy to fly but hard to look away from! It sure is something! Hope you guys like this as much as I am loving the revamp! :D 

Edited by Kuiper_Belt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

You know for a 60s movie spaceship the design was pretty thoughtful.  

It has a lot of problems but yeah,  It is light years better than just about every other rocket in movies up to that point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Probably a bug but the game thinks Hermes M-LCM Recovery Module is 20.3m tall

Probably because the parachute canopy mesh isn't named canopy so the game doesn't know to use the undeployed size in size calculations

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

Saturn Shuttle - With Reusable S1-C!

jcXWKTF.jpgJS6boPk.jpgaa8Ch3h.jpgch7gZZ4.jpgWpSZmn9.jpgKCf5QJE.jpg

Easy to fly but hard to look away from! It sure is something! Hope you guys like this as much as I am loving the revamp! :D 

Why not put the spacecraft on top of the stack where God and Heinlein intended it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

It has a lot of problems but yeah,  It is light years better than just about every other rocket in movies up to that point.

And still better than most afterwards

 

6 hours ago, Pappystein said:

 

 

Therapist: Soviet Atlas isn't real it can't hurt you

Soviet Atlas:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...