[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

First of all, Thank you very much for creating this mod!
I enjoy the realistic rockets much more than stock.

Just started a new historical career in a 2.5x real solar system and having a blast.

I just noticed one problem though with the pioneer1 probe...
In the VAB it lists a geiger counter science experiment, but I can't seem to be able to run it during flight? the option is not there in the right click menu. nor from the [X] science mod

Had a quick look at the configs, but could not find anything wrong with it...

I'm running the current latest release V1.3

Second, I found the able(Alpha) engine to be quite overpowered at sea level although the description mentions it being optimized for vacuum.
In fact, the Able performs massively better than the ableStar. :-)
I found the ISP setting at sea level to be way to high (240 where the ablestar is only 85)

For this I can issue a Github pull request if you like ;-) 
EDIT: just did.

Edited by davidjacobs

7 hours ago, davidjacobs said:

First of all, Thank you very much for creating this mod!
I enjoy the realistic rockets much more than stock.

Just started a new historical career in a 2.5x real solar system and having a blast.

I just noticed one problem though with the pioneer1 probe...
In the VAB it lists a geiger counter science experiment, but I can't seem to be able to run it during flight? the option is not there in the right click menu. nor from the [X] science mod

Had a quick look at the configs, but could not find anything wrong with it...

I'm running the current latest release V1.3

Second, I found the able(Alpha) engine to be quite overpowered at sea level although the description mentions it being optimized for vacuum.
In fact, the Able performs massively better than the ableStar. :-)
I found the ISP setting at sea level to be way to high (240 where the ablestar is only 85)

For this I can issue a Github pull request if you like ;-) 
EDIT: just did.

The Geiger counter experiment could require DMagic Science Animate, as do several other experiments. Do you have that installed?

And yes, Able is a touch OP at sea level... But there are better engines in that size range for sea level use.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before (Tried looking but... 366 pages.. yeah) and I'm sorry if I come off as a spammer but, is there any way to get raster prop monitors implemented in the pods? Or is it planned to be implemented?  

42 minutes ago, Chimer4 said:

@CobaltWolf I think I may have found another bug with blue streak. It appears that the thrust from both engine bells are aligned with the left hand bell rather than being opposite directions. Pic in spoier

Hide contents

yFRX31Q.png

I'll boot up KSP to confirm. Gimme.. 20ish minutes?

3 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Okay, deleted existing copy in my install and replaced it with a freshly downloaded copy from the git... problem persists with the off-axis thrust.

Err... shoot. I just checked, I don't think it was uploaded. In any case, I need to try and get a new thread in Addon Dev anyways.

14 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

The Geiger counter experiment could require DMagic Science Animate, as do several other experiments. Do you have that installed?

And yes, Able is a touch OP at sea level... But there are better engines in that size range for sea level use.

Yes, I have both DMagic orbital science and DMagic Science Animate installed. but I don't think that is the issue as the stand-alone geiger experiment works fine as does the build-in geiger of the explorer probe for example...

6 hours ago, davidjacobs said:

Yes, I have both DMagic orbital science and DMagic Science Animate installed. but I don't think that is the issue as the stand-alone geiger experiment works fine as does the build-in geiger of the explorer probe for example...

Whoops, sorry for not replying to that. I saw you know how to use Git - I'm a bit busy at the moment with IRL stuff, can you log a Github issue so that I at least fix it before the next update? I always try and go through those and clear them before I make a release.

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Whoops, sorry for not replying to that. I saw you know how to use Git - I'm a bit busy at the moment with IRL stuff, can you log a Github issue so that I at least fix it before the next update? I always try and go through those and clear them before I make a release.

Sure, will do!

And yes, using git daily at work :-) although using gitlab io. github internally as a collaboration platform.

No hurry as I'm also out for a few weeks (holiday)

2 minutes ago, davidjacobs said:

Sure, will do!

And yes, using git daily at work :-) although using gitlab io. github internally as a collaboration platform.

No hurry as I'm also out for a few weeks (holiday)

Thanks!

@MaverickSawyer apparently the fixed engine is only on my desktop, and I'm not going to start that up until I finish work for the day. It'll be up tonight hopefully.