[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

12 hours ago, Tiankay said:

Looks awesome as usual @CobaltWolf!

Public Service Announcement for 1.5.1 players:

The currently bundled version of B9PartSwitch in BDB 1.4.4 is outdated!

It works fine in KSP 1.4.x, but in 1.5.x the attachement nodes of the RD-180 (Muo-5E-2207 "Czar") wont switch with the mesh and thus, the engine will clip into the main tank.

Manually update to the most recent version of B9PartSwitch *here* to fix that.

Peace

TK

Or download the masters file on the Github, as it has the latest B9PartSwitch.     I know I didn't upgrade B9PS on it's own and it is working fine for me in 1.5.1

But THANKS for posting that for the people who haven't downloaded the most up to date version of BDB!

Just verified the Master file has B9PS updated on or about November 19th.

PS it looks like I have to download the masters again with that new awesome boat-tail for the Atlas-V.....

Edited by Pappystein

On 12/10/2018 at 9:44 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Oh, to address this - I had to upscale the fairing diameter to 3.5m. At 3.125m the size ratio was off because the core is overscaled (2.5m is too big for an Atlas V, basically) and it was REALLY obvious that the fairing was too skinny. The Atlas V 5xx's profile is pretty distinctive and I didn't feel comfortable releasing it like that.

It's fine, I think it looks better that way. For now, I will use 3.125 meters fairing for adapters. Somehow it can be hidden from staging now. In the past, it didn't work.

And I can still cover the whole 3.125 meters stage too. Show in Atlas V core + 2 SRMUs + 3.125 meters upper stage with CT2X 'Tunguska' from cryogenic engine mod by Nertea.

G7aWRAZ.png

bE6nwbZ.png

wj29QFB.png

I would prefer the Centaur T for Atlas V 5xx though. Shorter, more clearance and more payload space. This one is in the 522 configurations.

arVSDNd.png

DYt0XnS.png

Edited by Pulsar

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

...for the people who haven't downloaded the most up to date version of BDB!...

Yes, its updated in the master. But I assume that most players dont actually download straight from repos. So "technically", people who could encounter this are on the most up to date (release) version :)

Peace

TK

Edited by Tiankay

Hey y'all! So.... things have been quiet here (aside from like that hour I took to finished the 5xx fairing base). Why? Well, on top of the existing IRL stuff I was already going through, I've also started getting ready for a move at the end of next week! And that means, most of the time the last week or two that I would normally devote to KSP work, has gone into stuff like packing, getting affairs in order, constantly cleaning the apartment so that I can walk through it because packing makes a ton of mess... yeah.

But, what that means, is I feel pretty confident saying that we no longer will be able to make my goal of having this release together in time for the Christmas holidays and everyone's breaks. Believe me, I'm sad too. I honestly don't know when it will be out at this point, since it will depend on how things shake out once the move is done and how long it takes to get the new apartment set up, etc.

The flip side, I think, is that means I've been spending a lot less time on KSP lately, meaning I'm going to be fairly refreshed and bringing a bit more energy back than I had. So, looking forward to being able to work on things a lot more, get this release out, and then start working on more stuff!

So like I know what I said... but I was super bored last night and needed a break. :P I said something about it before, but the mini radial decoupler needed to be moved to a new texture sheet because it's currently part of the old Scout texture sheet which, obviously, I'm deprecating. That's a good chance to do something we've decided is going to be part of BDB moving forward: 'Generic' parts like decouplers, sepratrons, anything that doesn't necessarily need to be part of a specific rocket family because it's used elsewhere, is going to be kept on separate texture sheets, to make pruning easier. While I redid the UV map for it, I also UV unwrapped the medium radial decoupler. I decided to throw some textures together for it, they're mostly done - I want to see if there are any more good greeble opportunities. :) This decoupler should look good for 0.9375m, 1.25m and 1.5m parts. 

CkdajtU.png

9e6g2PU.png

2 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

i'm using the main files from: https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/releases
craft files from: https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/tree/master/Craft Files

are there newer craft files i'm missing?

That version is outdated, the Peacekeeper fairing and decoupler were recently changed, use this version instead: https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau

3 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

hi! i tried to load the Athena 1 craft file, but got an error message saying 2 pieces were missing:

bluedog.fairingbase.1p5m
bluedog.decoupler.1p5m

anyone have a guess what's wrong?

That stuff will be in the next release.

8 hours ago, Jso said:

That stuff will be in the next release.

ah ok i grabbed some craft files that were too new...interesting.

are there more craft files somewhere, or just the 6? there seems to be many parts that go together to make a complete ship (like soyez?) (i'm not lazy, i just dont have a lot of free time these days to figure out how to build these historical rockets from scratch like i used, so now i get my main enjoyment from simply flying them around space :) )  

thanks for any help!

Edited by dresoccer4

6 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

ah ok i grabbed some craft files that were too new...interesting.

are there more craft files somewhere, or just the 6? there seems to be many parts that go together to make a complete ship (like soyez?) (i'm not lazy, i just dont have a lot of free time these days to figure out how to build these historical rockets from scratch like i used, so now i get my main enjoyment from simply flying them around space :) )  

thanks for any help!

I was working on updating the craft files earlier this year but I need to recheck them before I upload them. They were all uploaded here so most *should* work at the moment. Another thing I need to make sure is taken care of to polish this release. :)

Has anyone else had an issue with getting SAS to work? For some reason, the Belle TRU probe core, which states it has SAS capability (and certainly did last time I used it...) suddenly has no SAS capability on a new saved career campaign. Same with the Obelix probe core, as well. Anyone have an idea of a cause?

EDIT: stock probe cores and even other BDB cores like the Sienno and even the humble Narly work just fine...

Edited by Kardea

1 hour ago, Kardea said:

Has anyone else had an issue with getting SAS to work? For some reason, the Belle TRU probe core, which states it has SAS capability (and certainly did last time I used it...) suddenly has no SAS capability on a new saved career campaign. Same with the Obelix probe core, as well. Anyone have an idea of a cause?

EDIT: stock probe cores and even other BDB cores like the Sienno and even the humble Narly work just fine...

You probably need the upgrades.

3 hours ago, Kardea said:

2 hours ago, Jso said:

You probably need the upgrades.

And if you're in sandbox, check "Upgrades applied in sandbox" in KSP's settings

7 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Are there configs with Unmanned Before Manned settings for BDB? I set up an install last night and some things look a tad wonky & out of place (command pods too early, for instance).

Not provided by us, no.