[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

14 hours ago, Drakenex said:

@CobaltWolf better now? pls let me know so I can add descriptions and assemble some more

Looks great! EDIT: @Drakenex the Titan 3/4's engines did not ignite until 10 seconds before the SRB's cut off.

I got some stuff done for Saturn 1 last night. The ullage motor along with the Saturn 1B fins are now in game. I just need to include some quality of life parts like fairing bases and we will be ready for Saturn 1's official release as part of our 1.1.3 update.

EDIT: Interesting video which includes a depiction of the Ablestar RCS system:

Edited by CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

@CobaltWolfOk I'll change it, I already knew that, but in game if the payload is less than 30 tons (+ the interstage or centaur) and you stage that way, you'll get into orbit with about 75% of fuel unused.

Yeah you really need to run like a 2x or 3x rescale to balance out the parts. But that's the same for normal KSP. *shrug* Thanks for doing all those screenshots! It's really awesome to see them all.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah you really need to run like a 2x or 3x rescale to balance out the parts. But that's the same for normal KSP. *shrug* Thanks for doing all those screenshots! It's really awesome to see them all.

there are more coming! he code is szFyP in case you want to use the album.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

we will be ready for Saturn 1's official release as part of our 1.1.3 update

I think we need to work on the manual again :P(this week end)

Edited by DiscoSlelge

14 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

I think we need to work on the manual again :P(this week end)

yes! I have some more changes we have to make in addition to getting the screenshots in.

23 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

there are more coming! he code is szFyP in case you want to use the album.

is that different from the one in the op?

@CobaltWolfare 187 cm (1.875 m) and 150 cm (1.5 m) probe cores anywhere on the horizon? I have resorted to using the explorer 1 core on the sides for now...

P.S: I have found a bug in the latest version- only the BDB science studies work. the stock ones are not usable. How do I fix this?

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I got some stuff done for Saturn 1 last night. The ullage motor along with the Saturn 1B fins are now in game. I just need to include some quality of life parts like fairing bases and we will be ready for Saturn 1's official release as part of our 1.1.3 update.

EDIT: Interesting video which includes a depiction of the Ablestar RCS system:

*Snip*

That's so cool. Looks a lot like your Micro Booms. That payload adapter looks really interesting too, lots of greeble, maybe some monoprop, sas, and RCS could be kerbalized in that thingamajig.

1 hour ago, Drakenex said:

yup, that's the no f.lux version.

Did you get help with the kronal renders for the manual?  If not I can also do them.

I switched them in the OP.

We haven't done the renders yet since I'm not ready to say I'm done with the various things that need to have screenshots taken of them.

47 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

@CobaltWolfare 187 cm (1.875 m) and 150 cm (1.5 m) probe cores anywhere on the horizon? I have resorted to using the explorer 1 core on the sides for now...

P.S: I have found a bug in the latest version- only the BDB science studies work. the stock ones are not usable. How do I fix this?

1.875m inline probe core is on the way, to be included with the finished Gemini expansion for 0.10.8, with 0.10.7 being Saturn 1 and any 1.1.3 updates.

I have no idea what the bug could be other than perhaps our sciencedefs buggering up. Does it affect, say, Dmagic's experiments? Or Coatl Aerospace? Those would both load after BDB.

22 minutes ago, OTmikhail said:

That's so cool. Looks a lot like your Micro Booms. That payload adapter looks really interesting too, lots of greeble, maybe some monoprop, sas, and RCS could be kerbalized in that thingamajig.

I'll think about it. There's other stuff that has to go in. I feel like most people would rather not use extra avionics when they can just use the payload's command parts.

What's this bit do?

useThrustCurve = true
        thrustCurve
        {
            key = 0.0  0.30
            key = 0.01 0.30
            key = 0.07 0.60
            key = 0.85 1.28
            key = 1.00 1.00
        }

50 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

What's this bit do?

useThrustCurve = true
        thrustCurve
        {
            key = 0.0  0.30
            key = 0.01 0.30
            key = 0.07 0.60
            key = 0.85 1.28
            key = 1.00 1.00
        }

It's thrust curves, mate. :P

The SRBs will have different thrusts depending on how much fuel they've used, because the inside of the SRB is carved out like that.

1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yes, it's my understanding you're not supposed to use reaction images on the forums. Let's tone it down. 

That's lame... 

I tried to animate in blender.... Nothing happened.... Back to the drawing board. 

11 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

It's thrust curves, mate. :P

The SRBs will have different thrusts depending on how much fuel they've used, because the inside of the SRB is carved out like that.

Thanks! I asked on reddit awhile ago if there was a way to do this (modeling thrust tail off) and they told me there wasn't. I used an SRB from this mod and I thought I was seeing the thrust tail off, which I thought was impossible, so I looked at the .cfg and found what I posted.

Ok, apparently this is new with 1.1. I should be able to figure it out.

Edited by Nnimrod