[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

A friend of mine bought me rainbow six siege (just to play the coop, so I don't expect to put much time in) and I was curious if I could stream it. It crashed my software.

oh, well thats a shame. thanks for responding

I started my final remodel for this time being of X-20. I improved the cockpit, including new windows. I also tried harder to make the wings more accurate to X-20. I should start making things like holes for landing gear and animating the cargo bay, as well as landing gear, possibly. 

16 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

I also tried harder to make the wings more accurate to X-20

What NACA airfoil you using, and are you going for a reflexed camber line? (I kid, but kinda srs)

9 hours ago, hraban said:

The X-20 will be a special and unique KSP ready model with textures and configuration for BDB. Includes 2 parts: The 'hraban' like X-20 and the stage-adapter for the Prometheus.

UNITY-Shot

Hide contents

NKfSeLq.png

Looks very nice, excellent work! I like your texturing style :P

Edited by DiscoSlelge

:cool:@cxg2827

Here the BETA-Download of CX-20 kerbalized C-20 DynaSoar in civil variant. The Spaceplane holds 3 Kerbals, one Pilot and two others in the - not deployable - cargobay.

Next Step is a deployable cargobay and a build in antenna. Remember, the CX-20 is build for short missions. It's possible to lift the CX-20 with basic Prometheus II in a 130km orbit. Don't forgot to attach BIG stabilizer on the first stage.

CX-20 download

Edited by hraban

So I released a new video today with a new intro made by the one and only @CobaltWolf who I am eternally grateful for. You can watch it here:

Intro starts at 0:22 until 0:36. You don't have to watch the rest if you don't want. I"m hoping this will bring more attention to BDB and help Cobalt.

4 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

Nothing should break if I update to 1.1.3 right? 

You may need to update DMagicScienceAnimate:

But otherwise everything should work.

@DiscoSlelge you need ambient light adjustment! Your pictures are too dark to see anything!

@hraban good work on the X20! I worry that it won't be compatible with FAR due to being 1 piece, but I know that you don't use it.

@Sgt.Shutesie keep it up! Yours is getting better every day!

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

You may need to update DMagicScienceAnimate:

But otherwise everything should work.

@DiscoSlelge you need ambient light adjustment! Your pictures are too dark to see anything!

@hraban good work on the X20! I worry that it won't be compatible with FAR due to being 1 piece, but I know that you don't use it.

@Sgt.Shutesie keep it up! Yours is getting better every day!

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

Thanks!

NP.

So, my 4th of July plans fell apart a bit. A side effect of that, is that I already cleared Friday evening! Additionally, I am getting out of work early tomorrow. Depending on how other REAL LIFETM things go, I will hopefully be able to stream tomorrow night, Friday night, or both. They will likely not be entirely BDB focused, but expect work on Saturn and Gemini stuff, and/or squashing various things on the issues list over on GitHub.

11 minutes ago, Bev7787 said:

So... I just checked this thread again and now Dyna-soar?! :):) xD 

I'm planning on being done by the end of summer (end of August). Individual cargo bays, expansions for the cargo bays, docking mechs (pressurized and un pressurized), the whole shebang. Then I'll move onto other experimental planes, all of which will be in a separate thread, but I'm working with cobalt, so it's based here now.

I don't know what hraban plans for his X-20.

32 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Can we please move discussion of @hraban's X-20 to Contares? It's not ours and I don't want anyone to get confused, as BDB will not be including an X-20 Dyna-Soar at any point in the near(or far) future.

Thank you, have a nice night/afternoon/morning.

^^^

Since Shutes' X20 is based directly on BDB, filling in a hole for something I don't want to do, and because I'm helping him where I can, I consider his mod a sort of addon/tie in mod for BDB (I consider Coatl Aerospace the same thing for somewhat similar reasons). I'd like to see Shutes get his own recognition, so his mod will be released separately, with its own thread, etc. It will be linked in our OP and hopefully I'll be able to wrangle someone who is CKAN literate to add it to BDB's recommended mods.

I think the new RL-10s need RealPlume Configs. with Realplume and Cryogenic Engines, the new extending RL-10 uses LiquidFuel instead of LqdHydrogen (though Cryogenic Engines already has one that runs on LH2, so this isn't much of a problem) with a stock plume, and the new non-extending one has no plume. 

Also, a request: why not make an LR-87-LH2? (a LH2 variant of the titan first stage engines)

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

3 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I think the new RL-10s need RealPlume Configs. with Realplume and Cryogenic Engines, the new extending RL-10 uses LiquidFuel (though Cryogenic Engines already has one, so this isn't much of a problem) with a stock plume, and the new non-extending one has no plume. 

Also, a request: why not make an LR-87-LH2? (a LH2 variant of the titan first stage engines)

There's no need to request RP configs, as they come out with the engine typically, no matter what, but I've been having issues with these new engines. Don't worry, you'll get it eventually.

There's a single-chamber LR87 in the mod that runs off of Hydrolox, will that work for now?

6 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

There's no need to request RP configs, as they come out with the engine typically, no matter what, but I've been having issues with these new engines. Don't worry, you'll get it eventually.

There's a single-chamber LR87 in the mod that runs off of Hydrolox, will that work for now?

wait, the single-chambered 125 (1,25 m) cm one? (I just used the engines without actually checking the names)

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

53 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

wait, the single-chambered 125 (1,25 m) cm one? (I just used the engines without actually checking the names)

I don't know if that one actually has Cryogenic Engines configs ready yet. Then again, if you're using the RL-10 with an extending nozzle you're on a dev build and I don't want no complaints :P

EDIT: Still getting settled in but the stream is up.

https://www.twitch.tv/cobaltwolfy

Edited by CobaltWolf