[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

*shrug* I honestly don't really care one way or the other about CKAN. I definitely lean towards avoiding it, but any time I've needed help the CKAN team has been very kind and helpful towards me. That's why BDB is CKAN indexed.

Anyways, full steam ahead towards this upcoming update. Choo-choo?

I found an issue with the realplume on the bluedog_LR87_SingleChamber. It seems as though it doesnt work,,,, any ideas?

Edit: seems to be Hydrolox-Red effect, if i change it, it seems to work.

Edited by ultraviolet150

15 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

what's in it?

Trying to get Gemini/MOS stuff done, as well as polish Saturn 1 (which is pretty much done). After that it'd be Centaur/Atlas revamps. I'm going to hold off on the new Atlas+Titan configurations in favor of moving on to Saturn V and Apollo, since I'm behind on my promise to finish those this summer.

3 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

I found an issue with the realplume on the bluedog_LR87_SingleChamber. It seems as though it doesnt work,,,, any ideas?

ah, yes. I believe that plume is no longer in RealPlumes. Venom will have to fix it.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Trying to get Gemini/MOS stuff done, as well as polish Saturn 1 (which is pretty much done). After that it'd be Centaur/Atlas revamps. I'm going to hold off on the new Atlas+Titan configurations in favor of moving on to Saturn V and Apollo, since I'm behind on my promise to finish those this summer.

It's OK, man. It is sweet, though, that we are getting a finished Saturn 1 in the next update. 

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm going to hold off on the new Atlas+Titan configurations...

yeah, that's probably a good choice. I have heard there are quite a few titan versions.

6 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

Are you by chance using an outdated version of the mod? I fixed that weeks ago. 

52 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

It's OK, man. It is sweet, though, that we are getting a finished Saturn 1 in the next update. 

yeah, that's probably a good choice. I have heard there are quite a few titan versions.

Please bear in mind that is just Saturn 1. Not 1B.

Well, most of the Titan variants are actually covered in BDB already. Really the ONLY ones that aren't would be the large diameter Titan proposals, which were what was planned. Atlas, with covering Atlas II/III/SLV-3X/CELV/Centaur variants, would have been bigger.

1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Maybe that was before? I updated it to use the right plume a month ago it says. If you don't get the updated version now, it'll for sure be fixed in the newest release. :)

The commit with the fix (May 30) was made 3 days after the 0106b release (May 27th).

3 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Maybe that was before? I updated it to use the right plume a month ago it says. If you don't get the updated version now, it'll for sure be fixed in the newest release. :)

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

The commit with the fix (May 30) was made 3 days after the 0106b release (May 27th).

Well at least It's fixed then :)

Quick update peeps -

I plan on trying to stream tomorrow night, provided I don't get slammed with another project with a tight deadline. It might be a bit later than usual though.

Friday night, @akron over at Coatl Aerospace is going to stream and I will hopefully be there, at least in the chat. If he doesn't wind up streaming I *may* be able to, but we may both be slammed by #RealLifeStuff.

1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

It's in the works. Did you not read any of the thread before posting that? :P

On 7/5/2016 at 0:22 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Please bear in mind that is just Saturn 1. Not 1B.

I was asking if we would get it in this Saturn/Apollo dev cycle.

2 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the next immediate update in that post. There's also a roadmap in the OP if you'd like to take a look, and the Saturn family wasn't supposed to come until probably after this summer. I'd say we're on a pretty good schedule already, eh? 

Just now, IronCretin said:

I'm not sure what you mean by dev cycle. The next update will only contain the basic Saturn 1, which is S-I and S-IV. S-IVB is like 85% modeled and will be the next Saturn segment completed. After that is S-IC and S-II. Apollo is coming at some point, maybe at the same time as Saturn V, maybe earlier. The LEM will likely be the last thing to get done for the basic Apollo/Saturn stuff. I was aiming for finishing it by the end of the summer but that probably wont happen at this point. The Atlas/Titan expansions (barring a refresh of certain parts) are happening after the important Apollo/Saturn stuff is done.

1 minute ago, IronCretin said:

Looking at it, the Saturn IB Is basically the Saturn I first stage (not actually the same, but close enough), and the S-IVB From the Saturn V, so I should be able to build one with those two

... yes? That is how Saturn is built. There were some slight differences between the Saturn 1B and Saturn V versions of the S-IVB. Mostly weight reductions because the 1B version wasn't expected to fire multiple times, so it didn't have all the extra restart equipment.