[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Heat shut down for me is 100. I run on an Idiot-Proof Linux Thinkpad. It can almost run games...

Before I cleaned it games ran my processor at about 145 degrees Celsius. :P

This is a discussion for a thread that isn't here, however. I hope you understand. 

2 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Before I cleaned it games ran my processor at about 145 degrees Celsius. :P

This is a discussion for a thread that isn't here, however. I hope you understand. 

yeah. Let me just say your mod is a godsend for me- other mods bring me to the threshold with fewer parts. mods like yours- they run with little memory or processor exertion.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

No worries. I'll see my way out.

Just pushed a bit commit on GitHub. All the Sarnus C-1 and MOS/Gemini parts should have fully fleshed out configs now, with the appropriate tech tree placement, names, descriptions, etc. I ALSO was able to remake the Leo Service Module, and now it should have a proper collider that allows you to place things inside the base of the adapter, just like the real one. I haven't been able to test *anything*, so please take a look at it for me. Especially the tech tree placements of the parts!

also, this seems a bit misleading: KNrFqmf.png 

shouldnt you put the gamedata folder into the Kerbal Space Program folder, so the already made gamedata folder is merged with the one from the .zip file? 

No major issues with the latest commit, save one: the decoupler on the Gemini service module is commented out. It made for quite the nail-biter of a re-entry. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

No major issues with the latest commit, save one: the decoupler on the Gemini service module is commented out. It made for quite the nail-biter of a re-entry. 

it is a docking port now, that can (should!) be able to be decoupled. That way MechJeb/KER dV readouts work. It worked on my end.

2 hours ago, 123nick said:

odd. i wonder if there is a fix for it.

You can hit the link below or google something along the lines of "opt out of imgur beta"

They seem to be randomly selecting accounts and putting them into the beta which messes up viewing embedded posts.

http://imgur.com/beta/disable

Edited by Pak

1 minute ago, Pak said:

You go hit the link below or google something along the lines of "opt out of imgur beta"

They seem to be randomly selecting accounts and putting them into the beta which messes up viewing embedded posts.

http://imgur.com/beta/disable

thanks.

that actually fixed it :D 

Edited by 123nick

37 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

it is a docking port now, that can (should!) be able to be decoupled. That way MechJeb/KER dV readouts work. It worked on my end.

Weird. No decouple action at all was available at all. But it was a vehicle already in flight, that might be the critical difference. I've got Pee Wee Kerman on a solo flight. I'll let you know how it goes.

I continue to have a blast here with all of these parts. I come with a trade that is sort of not a trade; First, a screenshot of a probe launching contraption. It is not the sexiest thing ever, but I thought the shot was framed nicely. 

Spoiler

k0vReuR.png

I'm hoping that linked right, as i'm ... well, imgur is insane at the moment, and these forums have never been the clearest on how they interact.

The other half of the non-trade is this MM snippet, for the Mariner Dish antenna + RT... I totally am guessing at the specs on this thing, the balance may be totally hosed, but hey, it works!

Spoiler

@PART[bluedog_mariner4Dish]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%allowManualControl = false
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 11500000
		%EnergyCost = 0.4
		%DishAngle = 140

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER 
		{
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

Ta!

Edited by komodo
I accidentally half of the entire post

8 hours ago, komodo said:

Mariner Dish antenna

@CobaltWolfThat reminds me.  Is that part going to stay in now?  I've never updated the AR patch to include that one because I honestly thought I remembered you saying it was coming out but now I don't remember and have no idea where I got that from so - is it staying or leaving?  Since I use only the GitHub master I never really know if I'm seeing something that is temporary or permanent if I don't ask. :D 

8 hours ago, komodo said:

I continue to have a blast here with all of these parts. I come with a trade that is sort of not a trade; First, a screenshot of a probe launching contraption. It is not the sexiest thing ever, but I thought the shot was framed nicely. 

Reveal hidden contents

k0vReuR.png

I'm hoping that linked right, as i'm ... well, imgur is insane at the moment, and these forums have never been the clearest on how they interact.

The other half of the non-trade is this MM snippet, for the Mariner Dish antenna + RT... I totally am guessing at the specs on this thing, the balance may be totally hosed, but hey, it works!

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[bluedog_mariner4Dish]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%allowManualControl = false
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 11500000
		%EnergyCost = 0.4
		%DishAngle = 140

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER 
		{
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

Ta!

1 minute ago, rasta013 said:

@CobaltWolfThat reminds me.  Is that part going to stay in now?  I've never updated the AR patch to include that one because I honestly thought I remembered you saying it was coming out but now I don't remember and have no idea where I got that from so - is it staying or leaving?  Since I use only the GitHub master I never really know if I'm seeing something that is temporary or permanent if I don't ask. :D 

Awesome! The Mariner 4 dish is indeed planned for the next update, I have an issue on Github to track it actually. @komodo thanks, only thing is I need to delete the animation lines. It should be Duna-ranged, perhaps heavy to make up for how small it is. @rasta013 it is indeed staying in, I'm not sure if there is anything else that needs to stay in. I don't believe there is, since I never got any of the new probe stuff finished and likely won't for a while now (unless someone makes a donation and asks me to do them :P )

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

<snip>it is indeed staying in, I'm not sure if there is anything else that needs to stay in.

Cool.  I'll get the AR patch updated later today and fit it in with the others.  I may even deign to do a balance pass on all the configs now that I've beat the crap out of them to see how my ranges are set.  The A66 right now is so OP under AR I constantly have to keep telling myself not to use it on every single craft I make.  I think I typo'd on it but not really sure.  Anyway...new config will be added and I'll at least tamp down the A66. :P