[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Stream is up on Twitch! Additionally, I wanted to reiterate this post from yesterday - some people have already started logging issues which is of great help! For a perfect example, see this issue logged by @rasta013. It has all the information I needed to diagnose the issue and fix it.

On 7/26/2016 at 3:13 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Please report any bugs, balance issues, or any other suggestions you have for the current stuff on the Github repo. We are still working on getting the MOS/Saturn C1 stuff done and pushed out. Knowing what needs to be addressed will be a lot of help for getting those done.

We are looking for someone to do compatibility configs for @ShotgunNinja's Kerbalism mod. If any intrepid Kerbalism users want to make configs for BDB, it would be greatly appreciated, as none of us use the mod.

On a more general note, I want to issue a call for anyone that has homebrewed compatibility configs not currently covered by the official download. It would be very helpful to be able to include them in the download. If BDB has missing compatibility for something that you use, please report it so that we can at least log an issue on Github and feel ashamed whenever we see it.

4 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Ok, reason to actually use the gif. 

Redid the textures on the cockpit, much better in my opinion. I need some thoughts for the hatch, any ideas?

Big merican flag with red arrow "do not open" 22b2c-gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png
@CobaltWolf Don't forget mah screenshots <3

Edited by DiscoSlelge

55 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Redid the textures on the cockpit, much better in my opinion. I need some thoughts for the hatch, any ideas?

Are you going to have both an external hatch, and one on the bulkhead to access the cargo bay directly?

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Are you going to have both an external hatch, and one on the bulkhead to access the cargo bay directly?

Just the top hatch, however there will be a crew cabin for 1 Or 2 kerbals. As well as an Airlock that could go into the cargo bay for doing some satellite repair. I haven't sorted out all of the different expansions, but they will come after the first release of x-20. I will be doing a B-52 before I revisit X-20, that way I'm already prepared to make x-15.

Does anyone know how to get fuel cross feed working on a surface attached engine with a built in fuel tank? Specifically the Agena Secondary Engine.

Currently it will not draw fuel from anywhere but it's own internal tank. Adding  fuelCrossFeed = True didn't work. Removing the internal tank does allow it to crossfeed normally, but I'd like to keep that if possible.

3 hours ago, Jso said:

Does anyone know how to get fuel cross feed working on a surface attached engine with a built in fuel tank? Specifically the Agena Secondary Engine.

Currently it will not draw fuel from anywhere but it's own internal tank. Adding  fuelCrossFeed = True didn't work. Removing the internal tank does allow it to crossfeed normally, but I'd like to keep that if possible.

Surely fuel lines would do the trick?

There seems to be a way to enable crossfeed on surface attached parts.  It is a little messy because it is a global setting in the physics.cfg file, that is normally set to false.

It allows crossfeed for any surface attached parts that have crossfeed enabled.  So far it is the only way I have found to accomplish this.

Here is a Module Manager example to enable it.

Spoiler

@PHYSICSGLOBALS

{

@stack_PriUsesSurf = True

}

I guess I spoke too soon, I think I found another possible way.

Seems to revolve around this line - "resourceFlowMode = STAGE_STACK_FLOW_BALANCE"

Rapier Engine has this line included under both PROPELLANT sections (LiquidFuel & Oxidizer)  and it pulls fuel from radial attached tanks without fuel lines.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

0fejNj2.png

Kill me

Absolutely not! It's been my experience that people do their sloppiest work when they're dead.