[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

34 minutes ago, Abrecan said:

AKA: Lunar Module Adapter Laboratory. Status: Study 1968. Date: 1968.

This was one of 18 conceptual designs published 25 April 1968 for the Earth-orbital spacecraft lunar module adapter laboratory prepared by spacecraft design experts of the MSC Advanced Spacecraft Technology Division. The configuration was developed to illustrate the extent to which the building block philosophy could be carried. It would utilize both Gemini and Apollo spacecraft and would require 2 unmanned launches and 10 manned logistic launches. The report was published 25 April 1968. - From Astronautix

Looks like one of @Foxxonius Augustus's fractal space stations.

EDIT: Also, UV unwrapping on the LEM is complete, and I only have two antennas left to texture along with a couple miscellaneous areas. I know y'all are excited, but that does NOT mean the LEM will be available soon. I have a busy couple days coming up (guess who doesn't have to be sober after monday?) and I don't want to try and rush everything through Unity - the LEM is going to be VERY complicated to set up, but hopefully the result will be that it is simple to put together and use in game.

Edited by CobaltWolf

On 8/20/2016 at 10:12 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Looks like one of @Foxxonius Augustus's fractal space stations.

EDIT: Also, UV unwrapping on the LEM is complete, and I only have two antennas left to texture along with a couple miscellaneous areas. I know y'all are excited, but that does NOT mean the LEM will be available soon. I have a busy couple days coming up (guess who doesn't have to be sober after monday?) and I don't want to try and rush everything through Unity - the LEM is going to be VERY complicated to set up, but hopefully the result will be that it is simple to put together and use in game.

what exactly makes it hard. Unless you have Multiple bits(Over 20) with custom modules then whats the issue.(Not rushing, Just a Question and i understand IRL Takes Priority over Everything else.)

On 8/20/2016 at 3:03 PM, EffOffM8 said:

what exactly makes it hard. Unless you have Multiple bits(Over 20) with custom modules then whats the issue.(Not rushing, Just a Question and i understand IRL Takes Priority over Everything else.)

partially the fact that the number of part modules on each segment, partially just the colliders are crazy complicated. the parts are more or less single use so they're being combined to reduce part count and ease assembly. A bunch of them will be available separately as well.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

partially the fact that the number of part modules on each segment, partially just the colliders are crazy complicated. the parts are more or less single use so they're being combined to reduce part count and ease assembly. A bunch of them will be available separately as well.

would you like any help Porting them?

20 minutes ago, EffOffM8 said:

would you like any help Porting them?

No, but thank you. Its not necessarily time intensive to get them in, its just they'll have to be iterated a bunch to make sure everything works. Once they're all in game (albiet with some missing texturing here and there, etc), I think Jso will start running batteries of playtesters through to test the balance and find bugs. The Saturn will be the easiest part to balance - the dV margins on the CSM and the LEM will be much lower.

No, but thank you. Its not necessarily time intensive to get them in, its just they'll have to be iterated a bunch to make sure everything works. Once they're all in game (albiet with some missing texturing here and there, etc), I think Jso will start running batteries of playtesters through to test the balance and find bugs. The Saturn will be the easiest part to balance - the dV margins on the CSM and the LEM will be much lower.

Can i playtest?

1 minute ago, EffOffM8 said:

Can i playtest?

Just download the master from the GitHub, or download one of the weekly dev builds Jso has started to put out. Report bugs/suggestions here, or, better yet, on the GitHub. We don't have internal playtesters, We upload our work files straight to Github as soon as they're available.

Just download the master from the GitHub, or download one of the weekly dev builds Jso has started to put out. Report bugs/suggestions here, or, better yet, on the GitHub. We don't have internal playtesters, We upload our work files straight to Github as soon as they're available.

So the LEM is Available!? 

Just now, EffOffM8 said:

I made a Gold Octogonal Tank for the Decent Portion, if the Top part is the right weight then i have all i need for a Lunar Mission.

It's not ready to be played with. If you're not planning on helping refine the balance to make it playable, then please refrain from using it.

49 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

A while back you mentioned (in the Tantares thread) that you were considering splitting the mod into different packs. Has there been any further development on this idea?

we have a method setup up - batch files that basically have a list of all the files that need to. Be added to a zip file. So we just update them for each update, run then before release, and then have a bunch of zip files to upload. But we were all busy with the last update and now this current one, and no one has had time to do them. Its just busywork, if anyone wants to help :wink:

BbXsBMd.png

One small step for a Kerbal...

NjzbHI0.png

... One giant leap for Kerbalkind.

Z371b13.png

More images from the test flight I just ran: http://imgur.com/a/w7kGC

The LEM is available now on GitHub! Be aware that this is basically the bare minimum to get it in game - it doesn't have the full functionality yet, nor is it balanced, nor are the textures done. But let me know what you think!

Edited by CobaltWolf

20 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

One small step for a Kerbal...

... One giant leap for Kerbalkind.

More images from the test flight I just ran: http://imgur.com/a/w7kGC

The LEM is available now on GitHub! Be aware that this is basically the bare minimum to get it in game - it doesn't have the full functionality yet, nor is it balanced, nor are the textures done. But let me know what you think!

Not bad. 5/7

6 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

It is actually my 21st birthday today, yes! You can see I'm spending it well :sticktongue:

In israel we have a chewing gum brand called "Bazooka" and they have some kind of fortunes packed with them (just like chinese fortune cookies) and for decades a big part of them just told that "until age 21 you would land on the moon" and at some point it just became a joke , but you landed on the moon in your 21st birthday , its kinda cool!:D