[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, I start my 9-month senior project (as well as my senior year of college) on Monday, so I'm not planning on having to use it right away. But one of my current employers offered to review it and basically help me optimize it for the resume-crawler bots that a lot of places screen resumes through. My last day is tomorrow so I need to have it with me.

Here:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZzdDl

The final set of files still compatible with 1.1.3 are packaged up for the sensible folks who are going to hold off on 1.2 until it's released. Right now the repository is not really compatible with anything. We're broken for 1.1.3 and not yet ready for 1.2.

Download

Changelog:
-Final build for KSP 1.1.3. Begin prep for 1.2.
-64K/SMURFF configs.
-Small mass errors in Atlas tanks corrected.
-Uprated S-I stage. More thrust for H1's, more fuel.
-F1 and J2 engines.
-Saturn S-IC, S-II stages. Untextured, rough models for testing.
-Saturn S-IVB stage.
-Apollo SM cargo bays shielding fixed.
-Apollo Service Module (SM) mass increased to bring dry mass in line with other Apollo parts.
-LEM, Redstone, Saturn RP plumes.
-Apollo Launch Escape System (LES). Kurld
-Apollo Lunar Excursion Module (LEM).

zgIqV9i.png

Edited by Jso

May I ask a quick question?

I'd like to see the Launcher Gallery, as mentioned in the OP, before I make the decision to download this (for fun and inspiration, of course). But the link seems dead. However, the Spacedock link has a full Imgur gallery in it, so I'll simply ask: Is this the album the OP intends to link to?

If it is, changing the redirect link to http://imgur.com/a/ouqW5 should be easy peasy and user friendly. If not, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Either way, the stuff in the album I linked looks really good, so great work CobaltWolf and, I presume, Jso and, I presume again, possibly other folks!

20 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, I start my 9-month senior project (as well as my senior year of college) on Monday, so I'm not planning on having to use it right away. But one of my current employers offered to review it and basically help me optimize it for the resume-crawler bots that a lot of places screen resumes through. My last day is tomorrow so I need to have it with me.

Go to  https://www.jobscan.co/  You get 5 free resume scan that will tell you what keywords you are missing. Easy to use. All copy and paste. But you have to put in an actual job description for it to compare. Just find one you would apply for on Indeed. Copy and paste it into jobscan. Do the same with your resume and hit scan. Easy as pie. I use it and it works. And no, I do not work for jobscan.

Good luck Wolf!

21 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not 100% sure. I know we use B9 because that's what CryoFuels uses (and, btw, everyone, you should be using CryoFuels with BDB! The Centaur and Saturn upper stages work a lot better with it) but I don't even think I have IFS installed. Could it be that IFS is highjacking it or something? I don't really mess with CFGs all that much - more just chiming in to let you know that I saw your question.

Apart from that issue I hope you're enjoying the mod!

Yeah it's looking like IFS is applying it's changes over top of the B9 switch, or MM is applying one and then not bothering with the other.

Apart from this issue I am LOVING the mod! There have been several occasions where your parts have made me look up their real-life counterparts to learn more about them and that's exactly why I play/love KSP. 

21 hours ago, komodo said:

This is a tank bug that is fixed in the dev edition; if you open the offending tanks cfg file, you will find that the oxidizer resource is accidentally commented out (it has // at the front of the line.)

Take out those slashes and you should be good to go. 

(Unless something else is amiss, in which case report back and we'll sort it at that point :) )

Not sure if this is directed at me or not but unless I'm looking in the wrong spot (and it's entirely possible I am) I don't see anything in the part CFG file that's commented out. the only mention of resources is the following:

RESOURCE
    {
        name = LiquidFuel
        amount = 180
        maxAmount = 180
    }
    \RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxidizer
        amount = 220
        maxAmount = 220
    }
}

it's like that in every CFG file for the Inon/Centaur tanks.

if I change "LiquidFuel" to "LiquidHydrogen" would that work? or am I not as clever than I think I am?

29 minutes ago, RecidivistTwist said:

Not sure if this is directed at me or not but unless I'm looking in the wrong spot (and it's entirely possible I am) I don't see anything in the part CFG file that's commented out. the only mention of resources is the following:

RESOURCE
    {
        name = LiquidFuel
        amount = 180
        maxAmount = 180
    }
    \RESOURCE           <----- The \ at the beginning of this line is the problem
    {
        name = Oxidizer
        amount = 220
        maxAmount = 220
    }
}

Edit: For simplicity sake we are letting CryoFuels setup all the tanks and if B9PartSwitch is being used we adjust the config to make LH2/LOX the default fuel in the appropriate tanks. Other than convert the engines to LH2/LOX we don't do anything if B9 isn't setup. That said, I believe CryoFuels does handle the case where Interstellar Fuel Switch is installed, though I've never tested it.

Edit 2:

if I change "LiquidFuel" to "LiquidHydrogen" would that work? or am I not as clever than I think I am?

Don't. It's not that simple. You have to recalculate the fuel units for both the LiquidHydrogen and the Oxidizer.

Edited by Jso

1 minute ago, Daelkyr said:

@Jso

Hey, as we're getting all of the 1.1.3 fixes rolled up for testing and release, can we get a decoupler module added to the LEM descent tank? It would go a long way to streamlining the LEM one-stop low part count mentality.

The Ascent Module appears to clip into the Decent tanks when there's not a decoupler there for spacing. That's why I haven't added that in. I do like the idea though. You can copy paste a ModuleDecouple from another part if you want to play with it.

1 hour ago, Jso said:

The Ascent Module appears to clip into the Decent tanks when there's not a decoupler there for spacing. That's why I haven't added that in. I do like the idea though. You can copy paste a ModuleDecouple from another part if you want to play with it.

Interesting. I could have sworn an earlier version of the LEM had the ascent sit well on the descent stage. Perhaps the attachment node for the top of the descent could be moved slightly upward. Either way, thanks for all the unsung work that you do, @Jso you're the John Aaron of this superb mod.

7 hours ago, Codraroll said:

May I ask a quick question?

I'd like to see the Launcher Gallery, as mentioned in the OP, before I make the decision to download this (for fun and inspiration, of course). But the link seems dead. However, the Spacedock link has a full Imgur gallery in it, so I'll simply ask: Is this the album the OP intends to link to?

If it is, changing the redirect link to http://imgur.com/a/ouqW5 should be easy peasy and user friendly. If not, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Either way, the stuff in the album I linked looks really good, so great work CobaltWolf and, I presume, Jso and, I presume again, possibly other folks!

Nope, Imgur acted weird and I had to delete the album just for adding to new launchers, the correct link is Launchers Gallery. I've notified @CobaltWolf by PM but may be his IB is full .. wink wink :wink:

On 15/9/2016 at 3:15 AM, VenomousRequiem said:

9VMmxDa.jpg

:^)

On 15/9/2016 at 4:01 AM, CobaltWolf said:

hmmm...

gTd1CF7.jpg

:^)

(Also, @Jso is really old and puts noses in his emojis. Me and @VenomousRequiem can't stop making fun of him haha)

Meeeee toooooooo about a Saturn I-C

zLMcmB2.jpg

Teasing us is bad... so (waiting for a stable KSP 1.2) I did just a cross-breeding in 1.1.3 of some BD Apollo parts, my "placeholders" from "RealScaleBoosters" (edited by me to work in a stock enviroment), a bit of Tantares and some cfg editing, ispired too by "Eyes Turned Skyward":

F7jpVpS.jpg

... Saturn I-C in flight...

1XlUMZN.jpg

... Separation of Apollo CSM block IV...

nSBitqU.jpg

8l6GGOI.jpg

... the full stack of a possible Apollo Block III or IV in low Kerbin Orbit
(For those curious about it: aside the "orbital module" taken from Tantares "Fuji", the SM for the Apollo is just the "block 2" made by Cobalt, edited to have half the lenght, like it could be a "block III" or "block IV" from "Eyes Turned Skyward" :P )

Edited by Araym