[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

23 minutes ago, Jalaris said:

@CobaltWolf I saw your posts earlier, did Bluedog Design Bureau ever get WindowShine compatibility? I couldn't find a link to it on the WindowShine forum or this one.

Thanks!

No, I never got around to making it. Someone should though. :P

EDIT: The ion / xenon parts as well as the Pioneer 6 parts are up on Github. 15 new parts to try and break / give me balance feedback on!

Edited by CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Very nice as well! Though, there is a new part that replaces the original Skylab airlock/adapter part since in Spacelab the airlock functionality is moved to an annex module... However there is some weirdness to the part right now, I need to try and track it down. Also, I just noticed that your reskinned S-IVB is very short. I was trying to think of why, then I remembered - the length of the engine mount part is already included in the Skylab OWS! Which in turn makes building a wet workshop version (using the actual BDB parts, not yours) a bit of a minger...

Hurray!

I know I already told you but I like it!

EDIT: For @Drakenex and anyone else testing the Spacelab bits, I just made a commit to Github that fixes the broken adapter module.

oh, never did a size comparison, for now another IU could compensate

hDj4Ydx.png

Great, thanks! that airlock have a fairing, I'm sure Spacelab fairing builds from below the radiator (anyways I'm a PF user :P)

14 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

oh, never did a size comparison, for now another IU could compensate

Great, thanks! that airlock have a fairing, I'm sure Spacelab fairing builds from below the radiator (anyways I'm a PF user :P)

Hmm, but don't forget the OWS is supposed to have an IU as well. What does it look like compared with Skylab with the IU on top, and the engine mount in place of the IU on the bottom of yours?

No, the new adapter includes the same fairing. I believe you're right and some passing mention is made of Spacelab having more substantial shielding but I'm not sure what it is exactly.

4 minutes ago, popeter45 said:

im finding that whenever im deploying the skylab fairing it collied into the multi-addapter no matter the eviroment/shape of fairing

works find in non-clamshell but blows in when clamshell (i preffer a solid fairing rather than confetti)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't understand how the Squad fairing module works but it does that to me too sometimes.

6 minutes ago, popeter45 said:

im finding that whenever im deploying the skylab fairing it collied into the multi-addapter no matter the eviroment/shape of fairing

works find in non-clamshell but blows in when clamshell (i preffer a solid fairing rather than confetti)

Have you tried increasing the ejection force?

BTW @CobaltWolf, the new Xenon tanks seem to be in the wrong category, Command and Control vs Fuel Tanks. Not sure it this is intended or not.

17 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hmm, but don't forget the OWS is supposed to have an IU as well. What does it look like compared with Skylab with the IU on top, and the engine mount in place of the IU on the bottom of yours?

No, the new adapter includes the same fairing. I believe you're right and some passing mention is made of Spacelab having more substantial shielding but I'm not sure what it is exactly.

Perfect fit as expected

fEHDtEk.png

Spacelab launch config (I'm going to search for the post)

8bwUQI6.png

Now, can you please make me an engine mount sans the plate? (kidding)

Hi everyone, when I load some craft that I download from your KerbalX page I notice that are some parts missing. Below I tell you wich craft and wich part is missing.

On Sarnus MLV 5-25L the bluedog.Saturn.S4C.EngineMount is missing,

on Saturn Multibody M02 the bluedog.Saturn.S1F.Tankage is missing, 

on Apollo CSM BL4 the bluedog.Apollo.Block4.MissionModule is missing,

on Mars/Venus flyby ship the bluedog.Apollo.Block4.MissionModule is missing.

Can anyone tell me what can I do to load all these craft successfully?

1 minute ago, zeant93 said:

Hi everyone, when I load some craft that I download from your KerbalX page I notice that are some parts missing. Below I tell you wich craft and wich part is missing.

Guilty! Use (put it inside Extras for example ) SaturnMB.cfg on the extras folder.

11 minutes ago, zeant93 said:

And that file fix all these missing parts problem? 

23 minutes ago, zeant93 said:

And that file fix all these missing parts problem? 

yes sir! guaranteed or you'll get your money back

@CobaltWolfI volunteer to write Spacelab part descriptions!

Edit: on a second though, if you want to use the "Hokulani" name, if fine to leave them like they are.

Edited by Drakenex

12 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

yes sir! guaranteed or you'll get your money back

@CobaltWolfI volunteer to write Spacelab part descriptions!

Sure! They already have basic descriptions but could probably use something better. Same for all the new stuff I've uploaded today.

On that note... The basic Centaur parts have been 'mostly' updated. I think if I have this much time free next weekend as well I might be able to get the remaining Atlas / Centaur stuff pretty sorted.

Pr0Tl6R.png

15 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Spacelab got me distracted, those ION parts are a thing to behold

Glad you like them! Make sure you check the RCS options as well.

12 minutes ago, Agustin said:

dows this have IVAs in crewd parts?

In some of them. They're not a priority and I don't make them myself.

Can anyone else verify if I am having an issue with the Saturn-IV command probe? When building the Saturn I, the part does not appear to the be the stated 2.5m that should fit inline with the fuel tanks; more in the region of 2.9m?