[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

13 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Currently working its way down the pipeline... E-1 rocket engine, perfect for a single-engine 1.875m stack.

Um I have GOT to stop missing the Dev-streams! :)   All I can say is WOW again  another BMoA (Bespoke Model of Awesomeness)

Titan I we are a go with Main engine swap... Just don't forget to add 2 LR-101s from the Atlas for Roll Control.

For those that want to play with the E-1 before CobaltWolf get's his BMoA up, the E-1 (using the F-1 re-scaled) is in the Extras Folder of the Master copy of BDB.  And it flys real well on the Saturn IB as well :)

@CobaltWolf what is the diameter of the engine attachment ring?

Edited by Pappystein

5 hours ago, Cdodders said:

The AARDV payload module seems to be missing. The part files are in the folder but I can't find it in game

Is it not under, well, payload?

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

@CobaltWolf what is the diameter of the engine attachment ring?

1 minute ago, Saltshaker said:

He said on the post it was "perfect for a single-engine 1.875m stack," so I'd assume the mount ring is 1.875m.

Negative, that would make the engine huge! The ring is 0.9375m - I did not want to make it bigger than the bell, for clustering. :) What I do need to do, however, is make it so you can use the engine fairing from a Titan 1 on it...

@Pappystein you're right, I was thinking about that the other day. I have never seen mention of it, but I believe the design probably would have used dual LR-101s. I just wonder what sort of mounting they would have had - side mount, like Atlas? Or bottom like Thor...

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Negative, that would make the engine huge! The ring is 0.9375m - I did not want to make it bigger than the bell, for clustering. :) What I do need to do, however, is make it so you can use the engine fairing from a Titan 1 on it...

@Pappystein you're right, I was thinking about that the other day. I have never seen mention of it, but I believe the design probably would have used dual LR-101s. I just wonder what sort of mounting they would have had - side mount, like Atlas? Or bottom like Thor...

Nope. Did a full scouring through every folder and every search term i could think of

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Given Atlas was side mounted by necessity (cause the skirt would be huge to have them under it when the 1/2 stage was seperated) I feel they would be Bottom mounted ala Thor.)   Also because the thing is designed to launch out of silos (Atlas was always a pad or Coffin launched rocket)

4 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Nope. Did a full scouring through every folder and every search term i could think of

@Cdodders   I am running the Masters (downloaded 3/16 @GMT -5) and I have the AARDV cargo pod in directory.   I just created a sandbox since I haven't unlocked the AARDV parts yet in my career playthrough and I have all the parts (Ore/Resupply tank, Control module, adapted RCS, Nosecone and the obvious Apollo SM parts that are shared.)     I am running 1.4.1. 

are you running a Life Support mod?

Edited by Pappystein
clarity re atlas and LR-101

50 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Given Atlas was side mounted by necessity (cause the skirt would be huge to have them under it when the 1/2 stage was seperated) I feel they would be Bottom mounted ala Thor.)   Also because the thing is designed to launch out of silos (Atlas was always a pad or Coffin launched rocket)

@Cdodders   I am running the Masters (downloaded 3/16 @GMT -5) and I have the AARDV cargo pod in directory.   I just created a sandbox since I haven't unlocked the AARDV parts yet in my career playthrough and I have all the parts (Ore/Resupply tank, Control module, adapted RCS, Nosecone and the obvious Apollo SM parts that are shared.)     I am running 1.4.1. 

are you running a Life Support mod?

nope

On 3/17/2018 at 9:52 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Do the ones currently in the mod actually help? I did not do any real research on them, or make sure that they actually 'worked' - I just modeled it from a picture and stuck it on. If they can be changed to be more useful that would be good feedback. Also, if I remember the Apollo docking port should do angle snapping and only dock at specified angles anyways?

They totally help! for me it's more about aligning things the same on the ground as in flight, so it's really helpful when I'm building a station module or something to know where zenith is and to have everything else lined up accordingly.  I think you're right on the docking ports angle snapping,  it was more of an orientation of spacecraft on my part that it helps with.

22 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I would add that I think the bottom LR-101s would also be used for Saturn S-IE and Saturn S-IF first stages.   The side mount on Atlas was an in-elegant solution to the control problem after booster separation.

Yup! A proper stack mount LR-101 (or just, perpendicular to mounting surface...) never got made during the revamps. That's something I keep meaning to fix...

19 hours ago, Bjalfi said:

They totally help! for me it's more about aligning things the same on the ground as in flight, so it's really helpful when I'm building a station module or something to know where zenith is and to have everything else lined up accordingly.  I think you're right on the docking ports angle snapping,  it was more of an orientation of spacecraft on my part that it helps with.

Cool! I'll definitely keep it in mind. :) That goes along with needing to fix the standalone LEM antennas (they have messy UVs...) and making proper standalone LEM legs...

6 hours ago, demibear said:

Love the Delta 3 adapter. Need to figure out how best to make the upper stage.

1 hour ago, notJebKerman said:

One option is to use the Centaur-T tanks in combination with the RL-10B.

Yeah, I don't have much of an intent to properly make a Delta Cryogenic Upper Stage, but it does work pretty decently with a stretched Centaur-G` (G``?) and a stock-fairing-interstage type dealio.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

[...]

Yeah, I don't have much of an intent to properly make a Delta Cryogenic Upper Stage, but it does work pretty decently with a stretched Centaur-G` (G``?) and a stock-fairing-interstage type dealio.

Shame tho... 'bout that DCSS...

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I will give that a whirl once I can make the kerbal system 3.2x again. Right now just theorycrafting with KER. Now if only I can teach the ground krew how to paint the tank orange....

Edited by demibear

hello, great mod, cant wait to see it updated for 1.4.1 but atm dunno why but I had some problems with network relay in 1.4.1 that till removed this mod and then problems fixed; used with couple other mods

anyone else encounter something similar with this mod on 1.4.1?

42 minutes ago, GERULA said:

hello, great mod, cant wait to see it updated for 1.4.1 but atm dunno why but I had some problems with network relay in 1.4.1 that till removed this mod and then problems fixed; used with couple other mods

anyone else encounter something similar with this mod on 1.4.1?

If you can be more specific we can look into it. Your's is the first issue we've had reported for 1.4.x.

1 hour ago, Jso said:

If you can be more specific we can look into it. Your's is the first issue we've had reported for 1.4.x.

i'm not that good with english as much i would like to so i could explain better, but I was playing a new science career in 1.4.1 and using this as a main mod and tried to build a tiny network relay with 5 sats, put them in a perfect orbit and ussing couple antennas of this mod, most of them was like OVER-1, KD-2, A-66, J15-D, MSC Dome, all of them communicate with Kerbin, but none of them communicate between them, there was no connection between them at all, so after I removed this mod and build my network relay using other mods dishes, everything was fine, It showed a connection between my new satellites

now i really dunno what's going on

40 minutes ago, GERULA said:

now i really dunno what's going on

Only the F21 Helical Antenna (Telstar), the 3 variants of the Apollo High Gain, and HLR-ASTX "Obelix" Probe Core can act as relays.

On 3/19/2018 at 3:35 PM, CobaltWolf said:

I loaded BDB onto my 1.3.1 game, and it showed up there, but not on my 1.4.1 game