[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

51 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah, I had them represented as the CIA+Boattail as one part, and then a multi-use truss-type 1.875m straight interstage would go inside it to attach the Centaur. My big fear was that people wouldn't want to stage the fairing and stage the decoupler at the same time. Is that not the case?

IRL: Fairings are ejected, then after MECO Centaur separates from CBC.

Stock: fairing base staging will eject fairings while the truss will separate Centaur - I don't see why they have to be at the same time

PF: fairings are ejected as a double group in one single stage event, then Centaur is staged.

18 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

IRL: Fairings are ejected, then after MECO Centaur separates from CBC.

Stock: fairing base staging will eject fairings while the truss will separate Centaur - I don't see why they have to be at the same time

PF: fairings are ejected as a double group in one single stage event, then Centaur is staged.

Making them two parts (instead of including the decoupler in the CIA/Boattail inspired hollow fairing base) was the solution to avoid them happening at the same time. It would be a lot easier to just model that little upwards flange to connect to the base of the centaur and make it one part, but that's not as flexible for the above reason.

54 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Since you got those screenshots... Were you able to access andegraf.com/rockets? Has a load of great graphics and information but recently I haven't been able to access it without internet wayback machine, where some stuff is missing...

Andegraf rocket section is down due to exceeded bw, because it happened many times before I've downloaded the whole page.

On an unrelated topic, I recently found this Gem in the Mod Development section and thought (not for the first time) 'Man, we need a section in the BDB OP to collect all these great Bluedogalike mods!'. Then I realized it wouldn't do to make @CobaltWolf put it together as he darn near runs himself ragged just developing his own mod! So I propose we put together a list of other part mods and projects that help expand BDB so it can get added to the OP! With luck this will give us even moar threads that we can habitually check every day (I can't be the only one!) and help cut down on the 'OMG can mak a BDB ver of X?!?!" posts. Also we (I) can stop discovering these great BDB expansions and then promptly forget what they are called and where to find them later... ;)

15 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

On an unrelated topic, I recently found this Gem in the Mod Development section and thought (not for the first time) 'Man, we need a section in the BDB OP to collect all these great Bluedogalike mods!'. Then I realized it wouldn't do to make @CobaltWolf put it together as he darn near runs himself ragged just developing his own mod! So I propose we put together a list of other part mods and projects that help expand BDB so it can get added to the OP! With luck this will give us even moar threads that we can habitually check every day (I can't be the only one!) and help cut down on the 'OMG can mak a BDB ver of X?!?!" posts. Also we (I) can stop discovering these great BDB expansions and then promptly forget what they are called and where to find them later... ;)

I can't believe I haven't discovered that before. As much, as I love Apollo, when used with the Shuttle it's really limited (EM-1 is about as much as you can do without completely changing the stack)

15 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

14 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

I can't believe I haven't discovered that before. As much, as I love Apollo, when used with the Shuttle it's really limited (EM-1 is about as much as you can do without completely changing the stack)

Yes it's a very cool mod, and not dead apparently!

As for mods that I encourage with BDB... Here's a couple softballs off the top of my head. There are lots of other ones I feel fit with BDB, or ones that I've helped with, but here are some that come to mind:

5 hours ago, blowfish said:

Okay, Antares take two

And bonus Vulcan-Centaur

Very nice! What engine mount is that for the upper stage?

13 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yes it's a very cool mod, and not dead apparently!

As for mods that I encourage with BDB... Here's a couple softballs off the top of my head. There are lots of other ones I feel fit with BDB, or ones that I've helped with, but here are some that come to mind: ~snip~

Nice! There is one in that list already that I haden't heard of and now really want to play with :) If we are for real making a list to go in the OP then I would also add:

Also the version of Cacteye you worked on, there are a number of threads for that mod and I am not sure which it is. SEP should also be on this list, I know it is in your sig @CobaltWolf but I still think it should be called out specifically. I think the chances are high that there are people who use BDB who would use SEP but don't because they somehow keep not noticing it ;)

If you search in the arts tab in the VAB for Vanguard, you should get all the parts that you need. Put the Aquilae motor on the probe first, then the fairing, then the Alpha tank and engine, and finally the Viklun engine and tank. 

Also, I *really* advise you to not have your email address as your username, at best you could end up with a load of spam in you inbox. 

On 10/22/2018 at 7:21 PM, Natokerbal said:

When I have realplume installed The Apollo launch escape tower has an invisible plume. Is it bugged? Im using 1.4.5 btw

On 10/23/2018 at 8:01 AM, Jso said:

Works fine for me. Do the other engines have plumes?

Me and @Jso talked about this last night. Apparently there are a good number of fixes we need to push out a release for. There are... maybe half a dozen or so parts I need to finish before we can do that, hopefully I will be able to get a lot done this weekend as I'm trying to do ~8hr dev streams Saturday and Sunday. (Note that still probably isn't long enough to finish those parts)

17 hours ago, ToastyOats said:

Is there a unique bug with BDDB & Dark Magic mod components that introduces a micro-stutter into your game?

I'm on version 1.4.5, playing via an old FX6350 & HD7870 AMD CPU/GPU Set, no SSD.

I don't know the specifics of how mods affect the game, so it's certainly possible it could introduce lag.

2 hours ago, FirenzeEzio said:

There seems to be something wrong with your Skylab station parts. When I open the interior, it doesn't work properly, it's a lot of black rectangles.

Yup, almost none of the parts in the mod have working IVAs (they are very time consuming and I don't know how to make them). The only parts I know that have working IVAs are the LEM, Gemini, and Mercury.

On another note, Universal Storage is releasing a new update which includes a new service module designed for use with our Gemini capsule!

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Me and @Jso talked about this last night. Apparently there are a good number of fixes we need to push out a release for. There are... maybe half a dozen or so parts I need to finish before we can do that, hopefully I will be able to get a lot done this weekend as I'm trying to do ~8hr dev streams Saturday and Sunday. (Note that still probably isn't long enough to finish those parts)

Ok good to know! I love the mod anyway.

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Ooh, a devstream you say? where and when?

I didn't actually say the when and where, did I? Somewhere between 7AM (closer to 8) and ~3PM Eastern Saturday and Sunday on my Twitch channel! When my SO does patient home visits on weekends I have to wake up with her at 5 anyways, might as well take my ADHD meds, shower, and get some work done on stream while she is out of the apartment. :)

Edited by CobaltWolf