[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Which YLR-87?   Were there not 5 different YLRs?   I thought there were YLRs for the first Titan 1 as well as the First Titan 2....  And I THINK the Hydrolox development was funded as a YLR as well.

Interesting, the question was prompted by the pair of YLR-91s (not 87s, sorry) here http://heroicrelics.org/stafford/engines-ylr-91-w-skirt/index.html

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

@MaverickSawyer do you know if they are AJ-11s or AJ-11As?

That, I don't remember. All I know is that Aerojet donated them a few years before I was a docent and said they were for a Titan IV, but never flew.

I do, however, recall that the acoustic baffles in the combustion chambers of the -87 was missing, for reasons unknown. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Interesting, the question was prompted by the pair of YLR-91s (not 87s, sorry) here http://heroicrelics.org/stafford/engines-ylr-91-w-skirt/index.html

If those Government Contract codes follow the method I understand, the YLR-91 was ordered on a contract in the year 1976.   It shows the latest style of Thermal Blanket on it so maybe it is a prototype for the newer Ablative coatings.   Decidedly not sure on this one.   I tried looking up the Contract in my usual methods to no avail.  

On 1/3/2019 at 1:30 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

MoryAqQ.png

So, I'm sick and tired of seeing those terrible old textures on that lander can. I looked, and I've been sitting on unreleased textures for it for two years. I messed with the texture a little bit more last night, and I'm going to push the new version in with this update.

ahAyJca.png

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, I'm sick and tired of seeing those terrible old textures on that lander can. I looked, and I've been sitting on unreleased textures for it for two years. I messed with the texture a little bit more last night, and I'm going to push the new version in with this update.

ahAyJca.png

Hey while we are talking about this lander can is the ladder supposed to be sideways? Whenever I’ve tried to use it I have trouble re rendering from Eva because the ladder literally hangs a Kerbal 90° to the ground.

2 minutes ago, dbandy13 said:

Hey while we are talking about this lander can is the ladder supposed to be sideways? Whenever I’ve tried to use it I have trouble re rendering from Eva because the ladder literally hangs a Kerbal 90° to the ground.

Noted and fixed! Updated lander can is on Github :)

M9OGQVT.png

39 minutes ago, dbandy13 said:

Damn talk about fast response, I should’ve thought about posting it ages ago :D 

I don't have time to play with the mod, so a lot of bugs like that can slip through without me ever knowing! If there is anything that seems like it's not behaving right, please let me know - or better yet, log an issue on the Github so it doesn't get lost :)

The lander can has a retractable antenna now, nice! We'll have to stick a better data transmitter in there.

It needs to be rotated 180 degrees. The pitch controls are reversed when hovering facing this way.

It's got room for a flag on the side.

It's heavy for it's size and I'm thinking we could drop the mass to 300 or 200 kg. I'd yank out most of the MP and battery to compensate, but replacing that with other parts would be lighter than 100 kg.

vUOb5RQ.png

5 hours ago, Jso said:

It's heavy for it's size and I'm thinking we could drop the mass to 300 or 200 kg. I'd yank out most of the MP and battery to compensate, but replacing that with other parts would be lighter than 100 kg.

I Don't use any Life Support Mods ATM but I have in the past and probably will in the future.  How much of that mass loss would be needed to be re-added in for LS?   I Know Astronauts were supposed to stay in their Space Suit for the entire journey down to the Moon and then return after the Gemini Capsule had made one orbit.   Basically this lander was to be used for about an hour on the Moon.

43 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

I Don't use any Life Support Mods ATM but I have in the past and probably will in the future.  How much of that mass loss would be needed to be re-added in for LS?   I Know Astronauts were supposed to stay in their Space Suit for the entire journey down to the Moon and then return after the Gemini Capsule had made one orbit.   Basically this lander was to be used for about an hour on the Moon.

Shameless  plug!

Our EVA-X weighs in at about 40kg and that holds about an extra hour of LS, i'd be slapping that on the back of the can for excursions (personally), to save the BDB guys some work. Bias aside :P

6 hours ago, Jso said:

The lander can has a retractable antenna now, nice! We'll have to stick a better data transmitter in there.

It needs to be rotated 180 degrees. The pitch controls are reversed when hovering facing this way.

Add a second control point in ModuleCommand, and it works as a rover cabin, too.

9 hours ago, Jso said:

It's got room for a flag on the side.

vUOb5RQ.png

You're right, it probably needs a flag. Didnt know about the orientation issue but I can see it in the screenshot. Sorry about the grayscale texture, no idea what happened there. We will need to do a balance pass when I get around to the rest of the parts.

4 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Y'know I dont know if we've ever taken LS mass into account with balancing. they don't actually ride in EVA. This part was originally made before BDB was as historically focused as it is now, so the goal was just to get closer to a proper size one lander can since the stock one is so oversized.

3 hours ago, Daishi said:

Shameless  plug!

Our EVA-X weighs in at about 40kg and that holds about an extra hour of LS, i'd be slapping that on the back of the can for excursions (personally), to save the BDB guys some work. Bias aside :P

Sounds useful! They arent actually on EVA in the pod though (as I said above)

2 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Add a second control point in ModuleCommand, and it works as a rover cabin, too.

Good idea! Is that possible in stock? The hatch would be blocked though. :( good a reason as any to put one on top too maybe?

4 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

Will landing legs, a fuel tank, and engine parts be added for the light lander?

I hope some day. I keep running into artists block but I talked it through some people, have a clearer idea on how to finish it. But not for this update. I was wondering, it might be a good idea to try and include it in the point release along with any bug fixes we have to make, similar to how I added the AJ260 last time with some bug fixes.

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Good idea! Is that possible in stock? The hatch would be blocked though. :( good a reason as any to put one on top too maybe?

It's easy, and it doesn't require remodeling the part as far as adding control points is concerned.  Just copy-paste this from the mk2LanderCan_v2.cfg's ModuleCommand into this part's ModuleCommand:

defaultControlPointDisplayName = #autoLOC_6011000 //#autoLOC_6011000 = Up
CONTROLPOINT
{
	name = forward
	displayName = #autoLOC_6011001 //#autoLOC_6011001 = Forward
	orientation = 90,0,0
}

That should be all there is to it (I tried something similar with an even older command pod, and it worked).

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

It's easy, and it doesn't require remodeling the part as far as adding control points is concerned.  Just copy-paste this from the mk2LanderCan_v2.cfg's ModuleCommand into this part's ModuleCommand:

defaultControlPointDisplayName = #autoLOC_6011000 //#autoLOC_6011000 = Up
CONTROLPOINT
{
	name = forward
	displayName = #autoLOC_6011001 //#autoLOC_6011001 = Forward
	orientation = 90,0,0
}

That should be all there is to it (I tried something similar with an even older command pod, and it worked).

I added it, but my dev install is still on 1.5 so I can't test.

6 hours ago, Rustyskiessam said:

Hey, little question-i keep getting some part issues with the included craft, is there something i forgot to download?

https://imgur.com/TEJ1f9T

https://imgur.com/NuyoY9i

I think you're using an older version, I know for certain the craft files load using the most recent Github commit.

Edited by golkaidakhaana