[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, DarthGav said:

Is there a way that I can have realplume and keep the new cool plumes for these?

That depends on if @Jso can be bothered to update the RealPlume configs to use Plume Party, and the trouble that he will face as Plume Party plumes are typically sets of 2 or 3 separate FX for the main flame. If he can't be bothered, then it's either-or and that's that. The purpose of Plume Party is that users who can't bare to (for performance) or have no desire to run RealPlume (like myself) can have non-crap engine flames.

8 minutes ago, DarthGav said:

Is there a way that I can have realplume and keep the new cool plumes for these?

Do you mean keep RealPlume for other mods' parts? You could delete the RealPlume compatibility folder in Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That depends on if @Jso can be bothered to update the RealPlume configs to use Plume Party, and the trouble that he will face as Plume Party plumes are typically sets of 2 or 3 separate FX for the main flame. If he can't be bothered, then it's either-or and that's that. The purpose of Plume Party is that users who can't bare to (for performance) or have no desire to run RealPlume (like myself) can have non-crap engine flames.

Err, did I misunderstand? I thought RealPlume used a completely different way of generating plumes. I didn't think we could just 'make RP versions of Plume Party'.

Edited by CobaltWolf

51 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Err, did I misunderstand? I thought RealPlume used a completely different way of generating plumes. I didn't think we could just 'make RP versions of Plume Party'.

Yes you can adapt Plume Party to RealPlume. Plume party is a library. SmokeScreen is the plugin that acts upon a library.

This pic may not look it but @Nessus_ did just that for @damonvv

All of Tundra Exploration's fancy plumes are made by me and therefore are Plume Party.

AU8Ei3a.jpg

17 minutes ago, Deltac said:

I don't know what Plume Party is, and at this point I'm going to reee.  So yeah, where is plume party?  Google has failed to find it.

It is a plumes pack for part makers to use and an answer for folks who want nice plumes but don't care about plume expansion or the inherent performance hit Smokescreen can bring. It's currently not ready for release.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, Deltac said:

I don't know what Plume Party is, and at this point I'm going to reee.  So yeah, where is plume party?  Google has failed to find it.

Removed link as a courtesy

Second result :sticktongue:

Edited by Svm420

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Just so you guys know. I don't want people finding and using Plume Party yet. It still has a way to go, just like ReStock.

Yes, again just to be clear, we are doing the integration of Plume Party on our end as we go. It is packaged within the BDB files and no additional work is needed on the user's end :)

Small point update, should be safe but as always please back up your saves. :)

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.5.1 "Бруно"

YDeAgf5.pngYsWW81o.pngWZBpKLU.png

DOWNLOADS

Available via Github and Spacedock, CKAN listing may take several hours to update.

Changelog:

• NEW PART: "Taber" Pioneer P3 Engine - Early 0.625m service module / circularization / course correction engine for probes.
  • Minor edit to the "Pog" probe core.
  • Fix Delta P fairing ring bottom (interstage) node position. This was overlooked when the Delta K was adjusted.
  • New stock engine effects: Able, Ablestar, Castor 1, Thor, Vanguard, Sargent motors, Juno: 6K, 45K, S3D, and Vernier.
  • Raise Sargent motors Isp to 235/214. Those are real numbers.
  • Fix Skylab window covers switch in flight
  • Disable allow shutdown on SR120. Not compatible with the animated engine and was causing the engine to never start. (Thanks Roryamm and Rocketology for catching this)
  • Typo fix in DeltaP_FairingRing.cfg (Thanks Komodo for catching this)
  • Fixed FX for the "Wally" SRB
  • Fixed Gemini SM plumes.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Small point update, should be safe but as always please back up your saves. :)

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.5.1 "Бруно"

YDeAgf5.pngYsWW81o.pngWZBpKLU.png

DOWNLOADS

Available via Github and Spacedock, CKAN listing may take several hours to update.

Changelog:

• NEW PART: "Taber" Pioneer P3 Engine - Early 0.625m service module / circularization / course correction engine for probes.
  • Minor edit to the "Pog" probe core.
  • Fix Delta P fairing ring bottom (interstage) node position. This was overlooked when the Delta K was adjusted.
  • New stock engine effects: Able, Ablestar, Castor 1, Thor, Vanguard, Sargent motors, Juno: 6K, 45K, S3D, and Vernier.
  • Raise Sargent motors Isp to 235/214. Those are real numbers.
  • Fix Skylab window covers switch in flight
  • Disable allow shutdown on SR120. Not compatible with the animated engine and was causing the engine to never start. (Thanks Roryamm and Rocketology for catching this)
  • Typo fix in DeltaP_FairingRing.cfg (Thanks Komodo for catching this)
  • Fixed FX for the "Wally" SRB
  • Fixed Gemini SM plumes.

WOO! At long last, a proper bottom part for the pog probe core!!!

8 hours ago, Jso said:

Wide body looks like a Delta III. As for the two barrrel, I'm afraid to hit spacebar.

0FImmZm.png

What did you use for the second stage with the RL-10? 

And actually, what all parts did you use besides the Delta cores and Delta solids?

Edited by GoldForest

1 minute ago, mr. engino said:

For the record, let it be known that I am a mature adult who does NOT have a childish sense of humor and is NOT using recently added parts to build phallic satellites, I swear!

Hide contents

YhuXTJP.jpg

does it work? if so..who cares what it looks like..it could look like a pair of bloomers and not one person here will complain long as it works.

spacecraft can/have/do come in all shapes and sizes, all tailored to specific functions, afterall.

59 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

What did you use for the second stage with the RL-10? 

And actually, what all parts did you use besides the Delta cores and Delta solids?

It's a stock 2.5-1.25m bi-adapter tweakscaled to 3.125m. And a LEO-M-59F structural part tweakscaled to get from 3.125 to 2.5 (there's also an S4 tank that can make that transition without tweakscale). I didn't put anything under the fairing. You could put an 1.875 Centaur under there, or make a 2.5m cryo stage with the fairing on top of that. It's not very specific so whatever you do is correct.