[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Dragon01 said:

@CobaltWolf, those LDC variants look a bit strange, but it's fine. :) Now that I think of it, @benjee10 modeled, but not finished, the Delta IV lower stage, including an amazing-looking RS-68. Maybe you could try finishing those?

well excepting for the whole Benjee10 uses ARR for all his mods.....    and why would we need THAT ugly ducklin?   LDC can fulfill all it's rolls NOW and is more modular and cooler (cause it is LDC!)

9 hours ago, Pappystein said:

The name Delta IV was to hide the rocket's true lineage because, as Cobalt has pointed out previously I believe, if you want to be true to lineage the Delta IV should be TITAN V!

Nope, that's Atlas. Atlas went from III to V because of the functional merging of the Atlas and Titan lines.

Edited by TimothyC

Made a Delta IV with the DCSS... yes, I made it out of Atlas parts and Titan engines... 

NXWJw6C.jpg

@CobaltWolf @blowfish Any plans to make the upscaled version of the DCSS? The current DCSS is obviously the 4m variant at 2.5, so that would mean... the 5m KSP variant would be... 3.125? Or 3.75?

And... Delta Heavy...

dgc1XZ9.jpg

Edited by GoldForest

8 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Made a Delta IV with the DCSS... yes, I made it out of Atlas parts and Titan engines...

@CobaltWolf @blowfish Any plans to make the upscaled version of the DCSS? The current DCSS is obviously the 4m variant at 2.5, so that would mean... the 5m KSP variant would be... 3.125? Or 3.75?
And... Delta Heavy...

Five meter-ish stages (ACES, Delta IV, Atlas Phase II, 5m DCSS, Vulcan, Ariane V core, ect) end up being ~3.125.

1 hour ago, TimothyC said:

Five meter-ish stages (ACES, Delta IV, Atlas Phase II, 5m DCSS, Vulcan, Ariane V core, ect) end up being ~3.125.

Ideally, KSP-ified Ariane 5 and Vulcan/ACES would be 3.4375m in diameter ( based on the 0.3125m increments BDB and some other mods use ), since they're both 5.4m in reality. It's a very underutilized scale in KSP mods at the moment.

Some more stuff to share... unfortunately won't be able to get anything more in game until this weekend, but most of the remaining new parts should be in game by the end of it :) 

I had a lot of space left over on the DCSS interstage texture sheet, decided to whip up a 2.5m fairing base and some payload adapters...

r05JR4f.png

LDC has a bunch of new parts to come this weekend as well...

CgzjIvT.png

Closer look at the 3.125m fairing base and decoupler

LKJn2Do.png

16 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

screenshot1428.png

Um.  No J93-GE-3s?   Wheres the Sooty beef?

There are at-least 6 of them sitting around at Wright Patterson... Oh wait... no you can't have them they belong in my next truck! :P  err my Avatar!

47 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

There are at-least 6 of them sitting around at Wright Patterson... Oh wait... no you can't have them they belong in my next truck! :P  err my Avatar!

It hasnt been working out the best...

screenshot1441.png?width=1665&height=937

16 hours ago, Barzon said:

So how many parts in total, as of now?

16 hours ago, Friznit said:

Well over 500 parts, not including the B9 switches.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 520 I think, not including the stuff remaining for this release, and not counting the deprecated stuff.

16 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

~snip~

15 hours ago, Pappystein said:

14 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

It hasnt been working out the best...

Man, RS-1C would look so much better with dedicated parts but that's outside my field. :(

8 hours ago, GoldForest said:

@CobaltWolf Any chance to get the DCSS in Delta II Blue? I know the DCSS was never in blue, but I feel it would look good in blue, or completely white. Something to make it uniform with the other colors. 

I really wasn't planning on making texture variants for DCSS, just because it would be really wasteful of RAM - the foam portion is only like 10-20% of the texture sheet and the rest would be wasted. :(

8 hours ago, EchoLima said:

cursed rocket :D context

I've always had a soft spot for Delta III, it's just got such a cool/unique aesthetic and twice the GTO payload of a Delta II is nothing to sneeze at... it had a lot of teething problems in its short lifespan, but looking at the relatively issue free Delta II and Delta IV I'm confident that it could have improved significantly if it had stuck around.