[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

24 minutes ago, G'th said:

BDB Space Shuttle WHEN :cool:

I doubt @CobaltWolf has any plans for a shuttle. There are already three shuttle mods and the KSO has been adopted and is being revived and revamped.

If Cobalt does do any winged space stuff, it will most likely be Winged Titan, Winged Gemini, Paragliding Saturn V first stage, or the Dynosaur. 

1 minute ago, GoldForest said:

I doubt @CobaltWolf has any plans for a shuttle. There are already three shuttle mods and the KSO has been adopted and is being revived and revamped.

If Cobalt does do any winged space stuff, it will most likely be Winged Titan, Winged Gemini, Paragliding Saturn V first stage, or the Dynosaur. 

I was being facetious. 

That looks nice. Could you try that with shiny skin? :) I seem to have missed the moment you had shiny Atlas parts on dev, but it looked great in screenshots.

Edited by Guest

I finally got around to updating my dev install of BDB and a lot of my parts, mostly Titan, look "rusty" are those deprecated parts that I should replace in my builds with the new ones?

Edited by birdog357
grammar

22 minutes ago, birdog357 said:

I finally got around to updating my dev install of BDB and a lot of my parts, mostly Titan, look "rusty" are those deprecated parts that I should replace in my builds with the new ones?

Yes, you should use the brand new titan parts, those old parts will get removed in the future, possibly this next update iirc.

Edited by GoldForest

22 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm more worried that someone couldn't tell the massive gulf in quality before I made that change. :P

The parts menu is pretty small...

Speaking of quality, the dev install is nearly a gig in size?

13 minutes ago, birdog357 said:

The parts menu is pretty small...

Speaking of quality, the dev install is nearly a gig in size?

Yeah, that's mostly because I just wasn't compressing textures to DDS. I actually did that last night for the entire Bluedog_DB folder, so it should be smaller now. Still should be several hundred mb though. EDIT: Just downloaded the Github dev branch, it was 219 mb :) 

More LDC texture variants... incidentally, all the texture variants for the Titan and LDC are prunable for your pleasure. :)

S7U5eeB.png
21wHexx.png
SiAOqtZ.png
aQZYrkZ.png
sSWGRGL.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah, that's mostly because I just wasn't compressing textures to DDS. I actually did that last night for the entire Bluedog_DB folder, so it should be smaller now. Still should be several hundred mb though. EDIT: Just downloaded the Github dev branch, it was 219 mb :) 

More LDC texture variants... incidentally, all the texture variants for the Titan and LDC are prunable for your pleasure. :)

219 sure beats 800. Thanks.

Which folder do I delete to prune the alternate paint schemes?

19 minutes ago, birdog357 said:

219 sure beats 800. Thanks.

Which folder do I delete to prune the alternate paint schemes?

In Bluedog_DB/Parts/LDC and Titan, there are Paint folders inside. You can delete the entire paint folders or get rid of specific skins you Weren't planning on using. Unfortunately theres some weirdness - the Atlas V LDC variant is the texture that has the white upper stages, for example.