[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

25 minutes ago, Dash8466 said:

I love it! hey question: do you guys have a discord server?

I already had a long running private Discord server that takes up most of my spoons before the whole "modders having Discords" thing caught on. I try to be active here on the forums when I can find a headspace to reply, and I tend to post update pics as soon as I get to a good stopping point for feedback. :)

Thought these might be of interest to y'all :) (there's a bunch of images in Scott's post if you can't tell)

And for my part... Agena Multiple Payload Adapter. This was used on the IRL Alouette 2 / Explorer 31 launch, with Alouette on top, with a non-TAT Thor/Agena B.

g9K1hrc.png

jl2zEzF.png
yxHFFa5.png
EAA6OYZ.png
BoF1oO2.png
qfRafGz.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

8xLxvrm.png

Starliner, anyone?

3LXUoRq.png

Based on Apollo five-seat CM and made from BDB and stock (engine plate, solar panels, aeroskirt) parts and some offset magic.

Mfjrlw6.png

SYy1ljU.png

Even DEC Centaur struggles to push it on 2.5x Kerbin. Lofted trajectory is a must (MJ settings for 120x120 km orbit are: 100 m\s, 0.2 degrees turning rate, omit coast on)

e1p1nAZ.png

Final push to circularization (also, don't forget to check your clocks). By the way, it weighs 12.9 tons fully fueled and loaded, almost like the real one.

nIT8TIV.png

Features BDB's CADS, but in theory can be used with any 0.9375m docking port.

ygYmvH3.png

Now that's where similarities end. Unfortunately, neither BDB or stock (or my other installed mods) do not feature tiny liquid-fueled engine in 100-200 kN range, which is required for LAS. Thus, I've decided to use Gemini lander engines as OMS, and add 12 Saturn 1 ullage motors as LAS (fired all at once)\retrorockets (fired in groups of 2 or 4).

The aeroskirt is made from 2.5m stock structural tube that is attached to stock 2.5m engine plate (thus forming spacecraft adapter. Centaur 4-meter fairing base is then attached to tube's top node (so it ends up inside the tube). Atlas V itself is then attached to fairing base's lower node.

5 hours ago, Cedric Feldmann - Bear said:

I always wondered how an version of the F-1 would do with Four nozzles instead of one big one like the RD-170.

A Lower Thrust to Mass Ratio,   and a lot harder  to "Man Rate"  are the first two things that come to mind.

The smaller bells make sense for two reasons only to my mind.  1) can make in a smaller building!  and 2) Potentially able to make a higher pressure engine.   But only by making the bells much heavier.

But hey, That is all a WAG and while I have an engineering background [NOT AN ENGINEER by certification].... it is more focused flight instead of launch.   (and yes that means AIRPLANE not ROCKET!)  

55 minutes ago, Darkherring said:

I'm having problem with Prometheus engines. They don't generate any thrust. I have the CRP installed. Any idea what is wrong?Or4bDxF.png

Are you using Engine Ignitor?   Cause there is an optional patch for that.  

I doubt you are using the Hypergolic Patch so my next question is what is the fuel load and what the heck is that on the side (SRM or aux tank?)

Lastly, and I get this looking at the picture.   Did you use the separate skirt and engine combo or did you use B9PS to switch to that engine/skirt combo?