[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Agena Target Vehicle dev stream starting tomorrow morning... in the meantime...

qwY6SkV.png
Y1BsC8X.png

Ooh!

That launch escape tower looks like it's ready to go whaling on the moon.

@CobaltWolf Has the KSP2 delay changed your outlook on future updates for BDB? I think I remember you mentioning before that Mercury, Gemini and Saturn/Apollo would likely be held off until KSP2, but that's a somewhat more indeterminate window now.

Edited by Mudwig

No matter what I do, I can't find the switch from Castor I to C II... I've looked in-game, .cfg's and through 4 different versions of the mod... what am I missing??

Edit: finally found it in the .cfg, but still wont show up as an option in game... how do i change this? latest version installed on 1.6.1 and everything else works perfectly

edit2: When i look at it, this is what i see. but why can i still not utilize it in the game? I know this is really simple, but im stuck. Hel would be greatly appreciated

// castor 2
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleEnginesFX
		thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
		throttleLocked = True
		exhaustDamage = True
		ignitionThreshold = 0.1
		minThrust = 0
		maxThrust = 58
		heatProduction = 400
		useEngineResponseTime = True
		engineAccelerationSpeed = 10.0
		allowShutdown = False
		EngineType = SolidBooster
		powerEffectName = running_solid

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = SolidFuel
			ratio = 1.0
			DrawGauge = True
		}
		atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 262
			key = 1 232
			key = 7 0.001
		}
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = SolidFuel
		amount = 94
		maxAmount = 94
	}

Edited by Fredde104

1 hour ago, Fredde104 said:

No matter what I do, I can't find the switch from Castor I to C II... I've looked in-game, .cfg's and through 4 different versions of the mod... what am I missing??

Edit: finally found it in the .cfg, but still wont show up as an option in game... how do i change this? latest version installed on 1.6.1 and everything else works perfectly

edit2: When i look at it, this is what i see. but why can i still not utilize it in the game? I know this is really simple, but im stuck. Hel would be greatly appreciated

My guess is you're on KSP 1.7.3, and/or you're on the slightly older version of B9 Partswitch.  You'll need to update to at least 1.8.1 and the updated version of B9

24 minutes ago, Friznit said:

My guess is you're on KSP 1.7.3, and/or you're on the slightly older version of B9 Partswitch.  You'll need to update to at least 1.8.1 and the updated version of B9

im actually on 1.6.1...  and my save is really old, wouldnt sacrifice it for anything. is there a way i can make it available anyway?

49 minutes ago, Fredde104 said:

im actually on 1.6.1...  and my save is really old, wouldnt sacrifice it for anything. is there a way i can make it available anyway?

Not without some seriously major hacking.   And what is not updated past 1.6.1 in your game (AKA why are you afraid to upgrade?)   I don't know of any (well any non RO type mods) that don't support 1.8.1 now.   

18 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Not without some seriously major hacking.   And what is not updated past 1.6.1 in your game (AKA why are you afraid to upgrade?)   I don't know of any (well any non RO type mods) that don't support 1.8.1 now.   

This.

5 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

If you're playing with the current release of BDB (v1.6.2) there is no Castor I to Castor II switch. There is a part called bluedog_castorSRB (Title = Dioscuri-1 Solid Rocket Booster/ real_title = Castor I). The comment above the module I think suggests that despite the name its using Castor II stats.

The switchable Castor I/II is a brand new part that is in the github BDB-1.7 development branch. The old part is being replaced by this new one which uses accurate stats for the two Castor models.

The current release of BDB is not officially supported on KSP 1.6 but this is mainly because the minimum required version of B9 PartSwitch v 2.11.0 is not officially supported for 1.6. Having said that I do believe that it works so if you're not moving your save to a newer version make sure you have that version of B9PS (but not any later versions of B9PS as they definitely dont work). Of course no warranties if things behave badly :P 

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

EyRT20p.png

Our sponsors wanted us to use a lot of superlative words to describe the new Gemini-Agena Target Vehicle parts.   Here they are:

As you can see we are speechless!

======================================

These new parts look Amazing Cobalt!

If/When Gemini is redone will that require a new GATV-docking port or will the geometry not be changing much at the docking end of the nosecone?

2 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

With the latest Dev update, it seems like the film resource was removed from the corona cameras. Was this a mistake, or something done on purpose?

Yes this was deliberate since SCANsat doesnt support background resource processing. The resource ended up meaningless if the vessel was unfocused. We're thinking of adding the resource back in but into the Corona capsule instead and to have the BDB science experiments for the Keyhole cameras consume that resource. That would make the resource more functionally useful and the no. of capsules on board would more directly represent the data gathering limits of the camera rather than a limit in the part module. This hasnt been implemented yet though.

The Keyholes have been updated to use the new visual scanner mode in SCANsat which requires sunlight to function though.

Notice for BDB v1.7 Dev branch testers

The BDB Plugin has now been recompiled against KSP 1.8. As such it will no longer work on prior versions. Boiloff, special solar panel mirroring, depth masking etc will all be broken on earlier versions of ksp.

edit: it should be forward compatible with ksp 1.9 though. 

Edited by Zorg

i don't want be that guy, but looking at my comment history it's too late to worry about it.

are you going to be redoing gemini as well at some point to match the detail of the GATV? it would be nice to be able to see out of it

26 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

i don't want be that guy, but looking at my comment history it's too late to worry about it.

are you going to be redoing gemini as well at some point to match the detail of the GATV? it would be nice to be able to see out of it

Now that you asked? No.