[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

That being said, what are you using for your upper docking node

It is the 5 way node, but I didn't need to tweakscale it.  I slapped some end caps on each side and then Apollo female ports on each end cap.  Probably just looks small at this angle.

And welcome all to page 638!

Edited by MashAndBangers

The first of several planned 0.625m fairings, Vanguard comes with an all new dedicated cylindrical base for the kick stage.

screenshot1514.png?width=1443&height=811

The so called "scuppers" would actaully be ripped off by aero midflight. But since they are still on at lift off decided to include them. Plus they look cool.

screenshot1515.png?width=1443&height=811

screenshot1519.png?width=1443&height=811

screenshot1523.png?width=1443&height=811

screenshot1524.png?width=1443&height=811

screenshot1525.png?width=1443&height=811

You can construct some quite interesting stuff with dev build...

I wonder if anyone can guess this spacecraft (and body):

Te3hwBh.png

Hint: This body is inspired by actual body in the Solar System, and this spacecraft is modeled according to actual mission proposal to the aforementioned real body.

43 minutes ago, Zorg said:

The so called "scuppers" would actaully be ripped off by aero midflight. But since they are still on at lift off decided to include them. Plus they look cool.

What was the purpose of the "scuppers"?  Collect rain water for the rocket to drink?

Just now, MashAndBangers said:

What was the purpose of the "scuppers"?  Collect rain water for the rocket to drink?

:P they were used as aero devices to rip off the spoilers, the little winglet strips below.

Edited by Zorg

8 minutes ago, Zorg said:

they were used as aero devices to rip off the spoilers, the little winglet strips below.

I wonder if this can be actually replicated, even if just for aesthetics. SAF can auto-jettison fairings, right? Assume there is two such modules in the said part - first one jettisons fairings, and the second one jettisons "scuppers" at a much lower altitude.

In theory, this can be used for Centaur jettisonable insulation panels, if Cobalt decide to include them.

Edited by biohazard15

5 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

I wonder if this can be actually replicated, even if just for aesthetics. SAF can auto-jettison fairings, right? Assume there is two such modules in the said part - first one jettisons fairings, and the second one jettisons "scuppers" at a much lower altitude.

I dont think SAF can support two modules on one part, certainly I've not tried. They could be regular decoupers I suppose but I would rather keep them integrated.

38 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

In theory, this can be used for Centaur jettisonable insulation panels, if Cobalt decide to include them.

Interesting thoughts biohazard15.  

Also, you are not wrong about the auto-eject of the Insulation panels (on the TANK of centaur and thus not 2x SAF modules)   But I think Zorg has it right (mind you I am at best a poor psudo-coder so I am NOT a programmer!)   But I think multiple of the ejection module is like multiple decouplers on one part (that are staged differently) and it is a KSP limitation that prevents it (but again that is 1000000000% a guess!)

24 minutes ago, Zorg said:

They could be regular decoupers I suppose but I would rather keep them integrated.

If these will be regular decouplers, no one will use these in actual missions due to added weight :P

Hmmm, no one tried to guess the spacecraft... come on folks, it's real easy! Well, the body at least. There is not too many bodies with rings in the Solar System :)

Speaking of the spacecraft... I have a suggestion: a B9 switch for that OGO core that will enable it to function as a deep space probe. Less Ec, but more Monoprop. Almost half of said spacecraft is a fuel tank.

On a completely (well, almost) unrelated note, another proposal: please add a "true" engine variant for single and double R-4D RCS blocks. Why I ask? IABS. It needs two R-4Ds, but putting these without proper node is a pain in the back, to say the least.

12 hours ago, DylanSemrau said:

ehh it's okay I guess

Hey now,   with one minor exception (I would kill for a toggle-able node so your first stage can be used in the Titan SRM separator)  I happen to think this mod of yours is on a very firm ground for it's start and already has a high art quality.  

SO I have not launched these parts yet but I have built several rockets with no use, just to see how these parts came together.       Stupid 3AM and me having to work at 8AM today!       

And while I actually know just a scooch about the PSLV, what I have looked at and what is currently in your mod seems to replicate real life parts pretty darn well. 

That being said, to me, some things on the real life rocket just look childish (very simple parts design... like the perfectly conical to perfectly square cylindrical TVC tanks.)   Sure this "un-finished" design probably saved a lot of rupees in design and construction costs but it... well just looks a little simple to me.    But again that is not a mark against the mod... Rather the rocket itself.   *thinks for a moment*  But if it wasn't for these "corner cuttings" this rocket would likely have been too expensive for India to develop on it's own... So Like everything in life...   Trade-offs.

So while your mod hasn't been added to my "Must be in EVERY build I make with KSP"   I could see it getting there with your future endeavors!   Please keep up the great work..   And Yes I still laugh at the VERY APPROPRIATE name for your  mod!

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

I dont think SAF can support two modules on one part, certainly I've not tried. They could be regular decoupers I suppose but I would rather keep them integrated.

ModuleJettison?

1 hour ago, nasa legolas said:

So, I've been trying out the new mercury parts, but the heat shield keeps inflating every time i place it. how do i fix this?

The plugin's not loading. You need KSP 1.8.1.

BDB + Chrayol mashup

Titan UA1203 boosters

Vikas powered Titan 1st stage

PSLV 2nd stage tank with LR91-AJ11 4 vernier

Agena but with PSLV 4th stage tankage including the solar module for extended on orbit ops.

screenshot1553.png

screenshot1555.png

screenshot1557.png

screenshot1560.png

screenshot1563.png

screenshot1565.png

I have a request, can you make resupply pods support another resource from Community resource? I think use case for just ore and KIS inventory is too small with CR it can be use for something like SSXP inflatable parts which requires material kits

23 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Have you installed @DylanSemrau's awesome Chrayol Design Organization? Yes? Of course you have, discerning mod user.

Well, pretty much all the Titan parts have Chrayol-compatible paint schemes now... have fun legoing!

How can I install the latest version of BDB to make sure I have the new paint schemes? I have MiniAVC if that is the answer...

2 hours ago, derega16 said:

I have a request, can you make resupply pods support another resource from Community resource? I think use case for just ore and KIS inventory is too small with CR it can be use for something like SSXP inflatable parts which requires material kits

Yes. Requests left here tend to be forgotten, so the best way to get that done is create a new issue here and give us as much information as possible. The name of the mod and what sort of resources it needs. There's already support for TAC-LS, Snacks, and USI-LS.

3 hours ago, EStreetRockets said:

How can I install the latest version of BDB to make sure I have the new paint schemes? I have MiniAVC if that is the answer...

No that's not the answer. MiniAVC has been naughty and has to stand in the corner for a while. 

Get 1.7 development version manually from GitHub if you want all the shiny new toys.