CobaltWolf

[1.8.1][1.7.3] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.6.2 "титан" 24/Nov/2019)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I got some images from the Smithsonian for your reference...11eGo 

Dope! So if y'all missed the stream, I took care of some modeling stuff for SEP, and got the Sarnus-1 fairing bases (both 2.5m and 3.125m) in game, as well as the new 1.875m inline probe core module. See if you can spot it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I find out what textures a part uses? For instance the "bluedog_Sargent_3xDecoupler". The folder it's in only contains 2 textures and they're for probes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I don't know if that one actually has Cryogenic Engines configs ready yet. Then again, if you're using the RL-10 with an extending nozzle you're on a dev build and I don't want no complaints :P

EDIT: Still getting settled in but the stream is up.

https://www.twitch.tv/cobaltwolfy

omg, how is this possible? i MISSED the stream :( i mustve been asleep or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I don't know if that one actually has Cryogenic Engines configs ready yet. Then again, if you're using the RL-10 with an extending nozzle you're on a dev build and I don't want no complaints :P

EDIT: Still getting settled in but the stream is up.

https://www.twitch.tv/cobaltwolfy

the single chambered LR-87 has a config. it is perfect for what I wanted, and it actually has a niche- being an early cryogenic engine..

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

the single chambered LR-87 has a config. it is perfect for what I wanted, and it actually has a niche- being an early cryogenic engine..

It's also the only cryogenic lifter engine in BDB IIRC. It might be more powerful than the Volcano or whatever the 1.25m Cryogenic Engines lifter engine is.

The US doesn't have a huge variety of cryogenic engines. Besides the RL10 and its variants, there's basically just the J2, the RS68 (which I'm not doing), the SSME (same), and the LR-87-LH... and the STME, which may or may not happen depending on how much @TimothyC bugs me for it after Saturn is in a good place.

EDIT: Forgot to reply to these:

9 hours ago, Nnimrod said:

How do I find out what textures a part uses? For instance the "bluedog_Sargent_3xDecoupler". The folder it's in only contains 2 textures and they're for probes.

They were crammed into the bluedog_JunoProbes texture sheet. Are you trying to prune them? There isn't really an easy way other than asking what specific parts you want to delete - but most parts in a folder share textures, so you can't just delete them willy nilly. Deleting entire folders is fine though.

8 hours ago, 123nick said:

omg, how is this possible? i MISSED the stream :( i mustve been asleep or something.

You were on Steam and I messaged you lol.

Edited by CobaltWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just updated the mod to its latest version on my install, and now none of the antennas provided will actually work as antennas. :confused:

Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Just updated the mod to its latest version on my install, and now none of the antennas provided will actually work as antennas. :confused:

Any suggestions?

Can you try manually installing it on a clean copy of KSP? That way we know where to start looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

It's also the only cryogenic lifter engine in BDB IIRC. It might be more powerful than the Volcano or whatever the 1.25m Cryogenic Engines lifter engine is.

The US doesn't have a huge variety of cryogenic engines. Besides the RL10 and its variants, there's basically just the J2, the RS68 (which I'm not doing), the SSME (same), and the LR-87-LH... and the STME, which may or may not happen depending on how much @TimothyC bugs me for it after Saturn is in a good place.

EDIT: Forgot to reply to these:

They were crammed into the bluedog_JunoProbes texture sheet. Are you trying to prune them? There isn't really an easy way other than asking what specific parts you want to delete - but most parts in a folder share textures, so you can't just delete them willy nilly. Deleting entire folders is fine though.

You were on Steam and I messaged you lol.

Ok, thanks. I'm using them and that part for something. It's a private project for now, and will remain so until I have a better understanding of licencing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nnimrod said:

Ok, thanks. I'm using them and that part for something. It's a private project for now, and will remain so until I have a better understanding of licencing.

BDB's License Information:

Spoiler

88x31.png

Bluedog Design Bureau by Matthew (CobaltWolf) Mlodzienski is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
I encourage you to make modifications to the content included in this mod and release it as your own, on the condition that I am credited where appropriate and I am linked to the fork.
If for any reason I am inactive in this thread for a period of more than two months, the mod can be considered up for adoption and may be maintained by anyone who is willing. I reserve the right to resume independent development of the mod when/if I return.
All source files for the mod, including uncompiled textures and models, are available upon request. Currently I do not have a good way to keep them available publicly online and updated.

DMagicScienceAnimateGeneric Copyright © 2016, DMagic. All rights reserved.

If you have any questions feel free to ask away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

BDB's License Information:

  Hide contents

88x31.png

Bluedog Design Bureau by Matthew (CobaltWolf) Mlodzienski is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
I encourage you to make modifications to the content included in this mod and release it as your own, on the condition that I am credited where appropriate and I am linked to the fork.
If for any reason I am inactive in this thread for a period of more than two months, the mod can be considered up for adoption and may be maintained by anyone who is willing. I reserve the right to resume independent development of the mod when/if I return.
All source files for the mod, including uncompiled textures and models, are available upon request. Currently I do not have a good way to keep them available publicly online and updated.

DMagicScienceAnimateGeneric Copyright © 2016, DMagic. All rights reserved.

If you have any questions feel free to ask away.

Thanks! If I ever finish this, everyone will be properly credited and thanked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nnimrod said:

Thanks! If I ever finish this, everyone will be properly credited and thanked.

Sweet. Good luck! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

...[The LR-87-LH2] might be more powerful than the Volcano...

nope. wish it was, I wanted to make a cryogenic saturn 1 with this...

P.S: found a bug- saturn tanks have absolutely n texture, and are just solid grey.

 

relevant files getting loaded in the log:

[LOG 17:01:50.693] Load(Texture): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_H1
[LOG 17:01:50.810] Load(Texture): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_H1_nrm
[LOG 17:01:50.910] Load(Texture): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_StructuralTop
[LOG 17:01:50.927] Load(Texture): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_genericShroud
[LOG 17:01:50.945] Load(Texture): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1
[LOG 17:01:50.967] Load(Texture): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1 OUT OF DATE
[LOG 17:01:50.967] Load(Texture): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1
[LOG 17:01:51.026] Cannot create texture: No header created
[WRN 17:01:51.026] Texture load error in '/home/isaac/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1.tga'

...

...

[LOG 17:02:20.407] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_H1C
[LOG 17:02:20.432] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_H1D
[LOG 17:02:20.445] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S1_AdvancedFin
[ERR 17:02:20.456] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1' not found!

[LOG 17:02:20.458] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S1_EngineMount
[ERR 17:02:20.463] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1' not found!

[LOG 17:02:20.465] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S1_LargeFin
[ERR 17:02:20.466] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1' not found!

[LOG 17:02:20.471] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S1_SmallFin
[ERR 17:02:20.480] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1' not found!

[LOG 17:02:20.487] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S1_Tankage
[ERR 17:02:20.491] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1' not found!

[LOG 17:02:20.504] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S4_AdapterTank
[ERR 17:02:20.508] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1' not found!

[LOG 17:02:20.521] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S4_EngineMount
[ERR 17:02:20.533] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1' not found!

[LOG 17:02:20.537] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S4_InstrumentUnit
[ERR 17:02:20.543] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1' not found!

[LOG 17:02:20.554] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S4_Interstage
[ERR 17:02:20.560] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1' not found!

[LOG 17:02:20.571] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S4_Tankage
[ERR 17:02:20.575] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1' not found!

[LOG 17:02:20.587] Load(Model): Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_Saturn_S4_Ullage
[ERR 17:02:20.589] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/bluedog_saturn1' not found!
 

familiar with this?

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can you try manually installing it on a clean copy of KSP? That way we know where to start looking.

Huh... THe only working antennas are the stock ones... I don't think you have any blame in this. Lemme check with another mod pack first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rory Yammomoto ohh I got this bug couple of days ago and I thought immediately that I installed BDB wrong so I just reinstalled and it fixed itself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

@Rory Yammomoto ohh I got this bug couple of days ago and I thought immediately that I installed BDB wrong so I just reinstalled and it fixed itself

it's an issue with the fact that the dev builds use TGAs instead of DDS. Sometimes TGAs fail to load. I compress them to DDS before release. Since the Saturn isn't released yet...

EDIT: Speaking of which, it occurred to me that you have make the Saturn 1 with the 4x UA1207 solids for the first stage, by Tweakscaling up one of the stock 2.5m > 1.25m adapters by 50%. SOMEONE TRY IT!

Edited by CobaltWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent the morning taking care of a bunch of different things. Not much I can show (yet) but here's a WIP of the textured MOS Airlock.

bGWs1JO.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

it's an issue with the fact that the dev builds use TGAs instead of DDS. Sometimes TGAs fail to load. I compress them to DDS before release. Since the Saturn isn't released yet...

EDIT: Speaking of which, it occurred to me that you have make the Saturn 1 with the 4x UA1207 solids for the first stage, but Tweakscaling up one of the stock 2.5m > 1.25m adapters by 50%. SOMEONE TRY IT!

oh, a dev build problem... (Well that's what I get for using a beta)

 

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Spent the morning taking care of a bunch of different things. Not much I can show (yet) but here's a WIP of the textured MOS Airlock.

bGWs1JO.png

YES PLEASE. it looks perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just re-installed this pack. And I love it! It is insanely huge, but after looking through the manual and making some subassemblies, it is really amazing.

I have just one request, would it be possible to give the parts their real life counterpart tags like tantares does? I think it would be really nice if I were to search for Atlas, I would get all the Muo parts for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, lrd.Helmet said:

I just re-installed this pack. And I love it! It is insanely huge, but after looking through the manual and making some subassemblies, it is really amazing.

I have just one request, would it be possible to give the parts their real life counterpart tags like tantares does? I think it would be really nice if I were to search for Atlas, I would get all the Muo parts for example.

I'm glad you like it!

It... should already be like that? Oh god @CobaltWolf did we do all that work for nothing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I'm glad you like it!

It... should already be like that? Oh god @CobaltWolf did we do all that work for nothing?

It is already in there actually - just checked several of the Muo parts and they all have the 'atlas' tag on them.  I'm not sure exactly what's going on with @lrd.Helmet but the search for me is working perfectly fine.  Now I will add the caveat that I do run Filter Extensions and I don't know whether that would assist with any kind of issue that might actually exist without it.  Just some more info to try and help...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I'm glad you like it!

It... should already be like that? Oh god @CobaltWolf did we do all that work for nothing?

I probably messed it up somewhere. I'll reinstall and check it again in the near future.

EDIT: It is working just fine now. I don't know what happened.

Edited by lrd.Helmet
I'm an idiot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lrd.Helmet said:

I probably messed it up somewhere. I'll reinstall and check it again in the near future.

EDIT: It is working just fine now. I don't know what happened.

Did you by chance install it through CKAN? It's my goal in life to blame everything on CKAN. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Did you by chance install it through CKAN? It's my goal in life to blame everything on CKAN. :P

Thanks CKAN...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Did you by chance install it through CKAN? It's my goal in life to blame everything on CKAN. :P

haha, nah. I'm staying as far away from CKAN as I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't used CKAN ever since I said goodbye to my 1.0.5 save...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.