CobaltWolf

[1.8.1][1.7.3] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.6.2 "титан" 24/Nov/2019)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, fs10inator said:

I haven't used CKAN ever since I said goodbye to my 1.0.5 save...

Everytime I hear about CKAN

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*shrug* I honestly don't really care one way or the other about CKAN. I definitely lean towards avoiding it, but any time I've needed help the CKAN team has been very kind and helpful towards me. That's why BDB is CKAN indexed.

Anyways, full steam ahead towards this upcoming update. Choo-choo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Anyways, full steam ahead towards this upcoming update. Choo-choo?

Choo-choo me my screenshots plz 687474703a2f2f66696c65732e67616d6562616e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Choo-choo me my screenshots plz 687474703a2f2f66696c65732e67616d6562616e

choo choo I keep forgetting you should bug me for them on stream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Anyways, full steam ahead towards this upcoming update. Choo-choo?

what's in it?

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Nothing with that attitude. :wink:

OK... (grumbles about parents and the rules)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found an issue with the realplume on the bluedog_LR87_SingleChamber. It seems as though it doesnt work,,,, any ideas?

 

Edit: seems to be Hydrolox-Red effect, if i change it, it seems to work.

Edited by ultraviolet150

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

what's in it?

Trying to get Gemini/MOS stuff done, as well as polish Saturn 1 (which is pretty much done). After that it'd be Centaur/Atlas revamps. I'm going to hold off on the new Atlas+Titan configurations in favor of moving on to Saturn V and Apollo, since I'm behind on my promise to finish those this summer.

3 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

I found an issue with the realplume on the bluedog_LR87_SingleChamber. It seems as though it doesnt work,,,, any ideas?

Edit: seems to be Hydrolox-Red effect, if i change it, it seems to work.

ah, yes. I believe that plume is no longer in RealPlumes. Venom will have to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Trying to get Gemini/MOS stuff done, as well as polish Saturn 1 (which is pretty much done). After that it'd be Centaur/Atlas revamps. I'm going to hold off on the new Atlas+Titan configurations in favor of moving on to Saturn V and Apollo, since I'm behind on my promise to finish those this summer.

It's OK, man. It is sweet, though, that we are getting a finished Saturn 1 in the next update. 

 

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

 I'm going to hold off on the new Atlas+Titan configurations...

yeah, that's probably a good choice. I have heard there are quite a few titan versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

I found an issue with the realplume on the bluedog_LR87_SingleChamber. It seems as though it doesnt work,,,, any ideas?

 

Edit: seems to be Hydrolox-Red effect, if i change it, it seems to work.

Are you by chance using an outdated version of the mod? I fixed that weeks ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

It's OK, man. It is sweet, though, that we are getting a finished Saturn 1 in the next update. 

yeah, that's probably a good choice. I have heard there are quite a few titan versions.

Please bear in mind that is just Saturn 1. Not 1B.

Well, most of the Titan variants are actually covered in BDB already. Really the ONLY ones that aren't would be the large diameter Titan proposals, which were what was planned. Atlas, with covering Atlas II/III/SLV-3X/CELV/Centaur variants, would have been bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Are you by chance using an outdated version of the mod? I fixed that weeks ago. 

Using 0106b from Github

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ultraviolet150 said:

Using 0106b from Github

Maybe that was before? I updated it to use the right plume a month ago it says. If you don't get the updated version now, it'll for sure be fixed in the newest release. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Maybe that was before? I updated it to use the right plume a month ago it says. If you don't get the updated version now, it'll for sure be fixed in the newest release. :)

The commit with the fix (May 30) was made 3 days after the 0106b release (May 27th).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Maybe that was before? I updated it to use the right plume a month ago it says. If you don't get the updated version now, it'll for sure be fixed in the newest release. :)

 

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

The commit with the fix (May 30) was made 3 days after the 0106b release (May 27th).

Well at least It's fixed then :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, I'm working on something for a little side project right now, but I figured I might as well stream it! I am only going to be on for a couple hours, but if you're like to see one of the mini-mod projects I'm working on with other forum members, swing by!

https://www.twitch.tv/cobaltwolfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update peeps -

I plan on trying to stream tomorrow night, provided I don't get slammed with another project with a tight deadline. It might be a bit later than usual though.

Friday night, @akron over at Coatl Aerospace is going to stream and I will hopefully be there, at least in the chat. If he doesn't wind up streaming I *may* be able to, but we may both be slammed by #RealLifeStuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

Will we eventually get a Saturn IB?

It's in the works. Did you not read any of the thread before posting that? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

It's in the works. Did you not read any of the thread before posting that? :P

 

On 7/5/2016 at 0:22 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Please bear in mind that is just Saturn 1. Not 1B.

I was asking if we would get it in this Saturn/Apollo dev cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

 

I was asking if we would get it in this Saturn/Apollo dev cycle.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the next immediate update in that post. There's also a roadmap in the OP if you'd like to take a look, and the Saturn family wasn't supposed to come until probably after this summer. I'd say we're on a pretty good schedule already, eh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IronCretin said:

I was asking if we would get it in this Saturn/Apollo dev cycle.

I'm not sure what you mean by dev cycle. The next update will only contain the basic Saturn 1, which is S-I and S-IV. S-IVB is like 85% modeled and will be the next Saturn segment completed. After that is S-IC and S-II. Apollo is coming at some point, maybe at the same time as Saturn V, maybe earlier. The LEM will likely be the last thing to get done for the basic Apollo/Saturn stuff. I was aiming for finishing it by the end of the summer but that probably wont happen at this point. The Atlas/Titan expansions (barring a refresh of certain parts) are happening after the important Apollo/Saturn stuff is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at it, the Saturn IB Is basically the Saturn I first stage (not actually the same, but close enough), and the S-IVB From the Saturn V, so I should be able to build one with those two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IronCretin said:

Looking at it, the Saturn IB Is basically the Saturn I first stage (not actually the same, but close enough), and the S-IVB From the Saturn V, so I should be able to build one with those two

... yes? That is how Saturn is built. There were some slight differences between the Saturn 1B and Saturn V versions of the S-IVB. Mostly weight reductions because the 1B version wasn't expected to fire multiple times, so it didn't have all the extra restart equipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.