[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

33 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I got the IVA and props from an old KSP install (1.0.5), which had the last release of FASA. I'm sure you can find a download link in the release thread. I put the folder under the Bluedog_DB\Spaces folder, then adjusted the Leo's pod config to point at the transplanted IVA.

Pretty simple stuff. I'm not going into a detailed tutorial because a) I wanna get back to flying this baby, and b) it will get rendered obsolete by whatever wonderfulness CobaltWolf and crew decide on.

I think I decided on PM'ing Frizzank/Nathankell...

31 minutes ago, AlbertKermin said:

I'm just going to leave this here...

Noice.

Well, tonight was mostly polishing MOS stuff, getting the textures finalized and adding normal maps, etc. I did whip up one more part - the three/five way 1.5m adapter. Which is further evidence that I'm apparently just copying @Angel-125's MOLE at this point :P (Even though it's actually a pretty old part, just unfinished).

9tB9ZVN.png

EDIT: Updated the github with the work from the last week. It's mostly just cfg edits for this release now. :)

Edited by CobaltWolf

For those of you that were waiting for it, CobatlWolf's latest update to the GitHub repo merged my PR for the Community Tech Tree patch that I've pulled together to help reposition various parts around the CTT nodes.  Please, if you are a user of CTT, please take a look at the placement of the parts, changes in node prices (some higher, some lower - mostly balanced though) and if you so desire, feel free to dig through the link below to a spreadsheet listing all the changes.  I would really appreciate any feedback anyone is willing to give and will address any inconsistencies or bugs in the patch.  I will also be updating this as new parts are added and old parts are balanced.

Spreadsheet of changes for CTT Patch

Edited by rasta013

9 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Isn't @Beale already working on the IVA for Leo, though? 

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I think Beale would appreciate having less stuff to do. :P

Currently, the IVA is very low priority, I cannot lie :confused:

However, I do have an interior model that is ready to go. It only needs for setup in Unity.

(If you want this model I can package and send it over, but if you can use the FASA IVA, that is very pretty).

f4479e6d9b.jpg

Edited by Beale

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

EDIT: Updated the github with the work from the last week. It's mostly just cfg edits for this release now. :)

not seeing any changes but I might be missing something/was the github update public?

Edit: Never mind I see it on the master branch now...

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus
I'm an idiot.

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, tonight was mostly polishing MOS stuff, getting the textures finalized and adding normal maps, etc. I did whip up one more part - the three/five way 1.5m adapter. Which is further evidence that I'm apparently just copying @Angel-125's MOLE at this point :P (Even though it's actually a pretty old part, just unfinished).

Bah, looks nothing like my station hub. :wink: Besides which, we all have the same sources to draw from. I saw like three different ISS mods for instance. It's all good, just depends on what you like. Follow your passion I'd say, the rest will take care of itself. Pretty nice hub you made, looks clean. :) Are you going to make others like a 4-way and T-intersection?

6 hours ago, Beale said:

However, I do have an interior model that is ready to go. It only needs for setup in Unity.

(If you want this model I can package and send it over, but if you can use the FASA IVA, that is very pretty).

I figure it'll save you the work. I still have to get those extra parts sorted and moved to a separate texture sheet for you.

3 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

are those new centaur models going into the game? I saw you were working on them and they look cool as hell,so...

Eventually?

Just now, Angel-125 said:

Bah, looks nothing like my station hub. :wink: Besides which, we all have the same sources to draw from. I saw like three different ISS mods for instance. It's all good, just depends on what you like. Follow your passion I'd say, the rest will take care of itself. Pretty nice hub you made, looks clean. :) Are you going to make others like a 4-way and T-intersection?

Thanks! It actually didn't use any new texture space. It just uses the texture for the hab module. I wasn't planning on making more intersections, at least for now. There's a strong history of three way symmetry for MORL/LORL/MOL station designs.

p18.jpeg

lorlbig.jpg

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I figure it'll save you the work. I still have to get those extra parts sorted and moved to a separate texture sheet for you.

Eventually?

Thanks! It actually didn't use any new texture space. It just uses the texture for the hab module. I wasn't planning on making more intersections, at least for now. There's a strong history of three way symmetry for MORL/LORL/MOL station designs.

Now that would make a very interesting station design! :)

15 hours ago, Beale said:

f4479e6d9b.jpg

I'm sorry if my post caused toes to get stepped on or feelings to be hurt. I merely gave a "what if" a whirl and it worked out far better than I expected.

57 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

16 hours ago, Beale said:

f4479e6d9b.jpg

I'm sorry if my post caused toes to get stepped on or feelings to be hurt. I merely gave a "what if" a whirl and it worked out far better than I expected.

@Beale Yes Please. If it has a Navball it's better than FASA (FASA, strangely, does not have a navball), plus in my game, the IVA for FASA is a bit too big for the Spica. Same with the Botachelli and the FASA Big G.

10 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

@Beale Yes Please. If it has a Navball it's better than FASA (FASA, strangely, does not have a navball), plus in my game, the IVA for FASA is a bit too big for the Spica. Same with the Botachelli and the FASA Big G.

The Spica? There's an interesting choice. I stayed with the Leo "Vinci". But the lack of a navball is why I went with MOARdV's improvements. Readouts galore, including a tunable navball.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

6 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

If I'm not mistaken you can change the scale of an IVA view through the config file, but I've never messed with it.

Funny, I made it work with the Leo with no rescaling whatsoever as my posts on the previous page show. Oh well. Must have been my lucky day.

Edited by Jack Wolfe