[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just now, Rory Yammomoto said:

Please Don't. They are terribly useful- I use one as an expansion for my Saturn 1C (TWR forbiding) It is one of the few short, 2.5m tanks that don't conflict with the Saturn line when scaled up. plus, in the even that we need a bigger 1.875m centaur-type stage, the modularity is much appreciated. (plus, it helps with bumping your part mod above the total number of parts squad has in the game.)

Just now, legoclone09 said:

I think he's going to add some more parts to the newer Centaur. Not sure, though.

He's not removing them forever, in fact he's not removing them at all until new Centaur parts are done. At least that's what @Jso and I voted for. :l

New Centaur parts will be coming. They're currently the oldest parts in the mod, and have been overdue for a revamp for a long time now. They will be replaced with new ones, which also will include new configuration possibilities. There will be a longer tank for Atlas V centaur, new interstage adapters, etc.

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

I blame @Jso.

I blame him for all my problems.

So....he's your Billy Warren?

Edit: Also, what program does he/you use to edit the CFGs? Just curious, because on Notepad it shows up as one....long....line....of text.

Edited by minepagan
question

8 minutes ago, minepagan said:

Edit: Also, what program does he/you use to edit the CFGs? Just curious, because on Notepad it shows up as one....long....line....of text.

Notepade++ is the preferred text editor to edit configs. Also do you play World of Tanks by any chance?

9 minutes ago, minepagan said:

I assume notepad++ that's the most common

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:18 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Well, just as a reminder, I offered to distribute the source files for the textures so that people could roll their own text. I didn't have any takers but if there's any interest it would still be fairly easy to do for all the Saturn stuff once its done; it'd just be a dropbox link in the OP.

With CobaltWolf's blessing, I'm very interested in creating my own ultra-realistic texture pack for the Sat V, Redstone, Atlas, and Titan rockets.  I think its great that Cobalt's creating them as a neutral text/logo free stock alike parts, it helps retain the original style of KSP.   However, I know there are a lot of history buffs out there who would like to see all the text/logos from the 1960's.  It would be nice if any parts that would normally have a flag/logo could be toggled on/off like I've seen some part mods do. 

Just now, [email protected] said:

With CobaltWolf's blessing, I'm very interested in creating my own ultra-realistic texture pack for the Sat V, Redstone, Atlas, and Titan rockets.  I think its great that Cobalt's creating them as a neutral text/logo free stock alike parts, it helps retain the original style of KSP.   However, I know there are a lot of history buffs out there who would like to see all the text/logos from the 1960's.  It would be nice if any parts that would normally have a flag/logo could be toggled on/off like I've seen some part mods do. 

Of course! I appreciate you asking. If you know what specific textures I can quickly upload some and PM you, uploading all of them will take time. Also, they will be Photoshop .psd files, is that alright? Re: licensing, etc:

Spoiler

88x31.png

Bluedog Design Bureau by Matthew (CobaltWolf) Mlodzienski is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
I encourage you to make modifications to the content included in this mod and release it as your own, on the condition that I am credited where appropriate and I am linked to the fork.
If for any reason I am inactive in this thread for a period of more than two months, the mod can be considered up for adoption and may be maintained by anyone who is willing. I reserve the right to resume independent development of the mod when/if I return.
All source files for the mod, including uncompiled textures and models, are available upon request. Currently I do not have a good way to keep them available publically online and updated.

TRAILS Gemini parts were originally created by Beale. Modified/redistributed as per his license.
Hermes (Mercury) parts were originally created by PassingLurker.
DMagicScienceAnimateGeneric Copyright © 2016, DMagic. All rights reserved.

Also, I'd like to take a quick moment to publicly thank you! Tony has provided a lot of good reference material and input on the texturing of the Saturn parts as I've started working through them. Thanks for the help, along with everyone else who found and shared reference material for me in the thread!

Additionally - I updated the roadmap a bit. Nothing much new, but the organization/color scheme changed to hopefully be more straightforward, and added some notes regarding certain pieces of content.

Finally, for a lot of the stranger/extra stuff, I had an idea - it would not be too hard to start a separate GitHub repo for some of the more out-there part families; think of things like the Atlas SLV-X and CELV, some of the superfluous solid rockets I want to do (the 0.625m, 0.9375m, and 1.25m sizes are running out of niches) things that basically just would be adding part bloat and variety without necessarily adding that much from a gameplay POV, aside from more construction options. The folder structure would be the same, allowing you to just paste it over the normal Bluedog_DB folder. Since it would require BDB, and would have the same folder structure, I could keep using texture sharing with current/future parts. This would be more of a here-on-out type deal, though if anyone has strong grievances against certain part families in the mod, feel free to speak up. What do you think of a BDB Expanded?

1 hour ago, minepagan said:

Try to find PHP-Editor, it's more oriented towards programming and has some better features geared towards this. It's old, but works like a charm. nvm, the site is down as well.

Edited by Jimbodiah

46 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Of course! I appreciate you asking. If you know what specific textures I can quickly upload some and PM you, uploading all of them will take time. Also, they will be Photoshop .psd files, is that alright? Re: licensing, etc:

Reveal hidden contents

88x31.png

Bluedog Design Bureau by Matthew (CobaltWolf) Mlodzienski is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
I encourage you to make modifications to the content included in this mod and release it as your own, on the condition that I am credited where appropriate and I am linked to the fork.
If for any reason I am inactive in this thread for a period of more than two months, the mod can be considered up for adoption and may be maintained by anyone who is willing. I reserve the right to resume independent development of the mod when/if I return.
All source files for the mod, including uncompiled textures and models, are available upon request. Currently I do not have a good way to keep them available publically online and updated.

TRAILS Gemini parts were originally created by Beale. Modified/redistributed as per his license.
Hermes (Mercury) parts were originally created by PassingLurker.
DMagicScienceAnimateGeneric Copyright © 2016, DMagic. All rights reserved.

Also, I'd like to take a quick moment to publicly thank you! Tony has provided a lot of good reference material and input on the texturing of the Saturn parts as I've started working through them. Thanks for the help, along with everyone else who found and shared reference material for me in the thread!

Additionally - I updated the roadmap a bit. Nothing much new, but the organization/color scheme changed to hopefully be more straightforward, and added some notes regarding certain pieces of content.

Finally, for a lot of the stranger/extra stuff, I had an idea - it would not be too hard to start a separate GitHub repo for some of the more out-there part families; think of things like the Atlas SLV-X and CELV, some of the superfluous solid rockets I want to do (the 0.625m, 0.9375m, and 1.25m sizes are running out of niches) things that basically just would be adding part bloat and variety without necessarily adding that much from a gameplay POV, aside from more construction options. The folder structure would be the same, allowing you to just paste it over the normal Bluedog_DB folder. Since it would require BDB, and would have the same folder structure, I could keep using texture sharing with current/future parts. This would be more of a here-on-out type deal, though if anyone has strong grievances against certain part families in the mod, feel free to speak up. What do you think of a BDB Expanded?

I think you could do what SXT did back in its heyday - have a 'core' pack, and have multiple small expansions - e.g. rocket families, spacecraft, ect.

Notepad++

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

What do you think of a BDB Expanded?

I thought this already was BDB Expanded!

Edit:

I am in my new apartment now. I have Wi-Fi but no ethernet - the old ethernet is in the basement, and I can't cut a hole in the floor to connect it to my bedroom in the back of the ground floor. My project for this morning is trying to string a 100ft cat5 cable to my room, then I'll get my desktop set up. Hopefully streaming tomorrow night..?

I am the only one scratching his head at this?

Edited by Jso

1 hour ago, Jso said:

I am the only one scratching his head at this?

The ethernet is not wired through the walls, ie, there's no ethernet port in my room connected to the modem. I had to string cat5 up the basement wall, across the ceiling, up the... idk, stairwell? Up over the railing-wall-thing, along the molding through the kitchen, under my door, along my wall, to the desk.

I plan on posting some pictures of the ethernet run, along with my new workspace/room/desk setup, tomorrow before I start streaming. :)

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

The ethernet is not wired through the walls, ie, there's no ethernet port in my room connected to the modem. I had to string cat5 up the basement wall, across the ceiling, up the... idk, stairwell? Up over the railing-wall-thing, along the molding through the kitchen, under my door, along my wall, to the desk.

I plan on posting some pictures of the ethernet run, along with my new workspace/room/desk setup, tomorrow before I start streaming. :)

Sounds like too much work...and a trip hazard! I say go back and cut the hole(s) in the floor or floors. I'm sure your landlord wouldn't mind one bit. Remember safety first!

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I wouldn't be opposed to that but i am just gonna download everything you guys make anyway. I've said it a few times but it needs to be repeated once the Saturn V family is done this will essentially be the only mod/part pack I need with the exception of a few quality of life mods. So the hype is real for me.

So you can create different pack or expanded packs etc. All I ask is you just label clearly where I can find them lol. :wink:

4 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

What is wrong with a 100ft Ethernet cable? Ethernet is the FUTURE!

I Died at that pic!

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

What do you think of a BDB Expanded?

I'm also not opposed to this idea, from a more modern-day perspective I suppose. the SXT small parts pack idea is a good one also!

I was also thinking it would be nice to see more small-ish spherical tanks probably .625 m and .9375 m in diameter in both mono and lfo? I also enjoy KIS with this mod especially from the AAP and Apollo perspective, because so many things could be done.. What if your engine fails on the Moon, and you need to get into orbit or suffer oxygen deprivation? You cannibalize your lander and MacGyver your way out of there

constructing-the-led.jpg

study-for-a-lunar-escape-device.jpg

Image result

It is a cool concept that could be incorporated as a part pack perhaps? I can't wait for your Saturn V, I'll be playing CCR at take off and Deep Purple as I land on he Moon